Posted Image

#2 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

8gb to 16gb ram. Looks like it will support more then the wii u. Idk why they dont just max out the ram. My laptop comes with 6gb but can be max out to 16gb for around $100.
But im no system designer so idk about all that goes into it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#3 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

very informative post.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:18 AM

8 to 16 gb of ram is huge im not suprised people think the next xbox and ps4 are going to be cheap to compete with wii u you are sadly mistaken there is no doubt in my mind that those suystems will be very expensive especially ps4.
Posted Image

#5 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

8 to 16 gb of ram is huge im not suprised people think the next xbox and ps4 are going to be cheap to compete with wii u you are sadly mistaken there is no doubt in my mind that those suystems will be very expensive especially ps4.

Yep. Both Sony and Microsoft know powerheads are gonna buy it. Sony doing some things with tongues and biometric security and who knows much just so they can justify a high price. And Microsoft, well, I have a feeling it's gonna have PC capabilities.

Then again, it's possible they may not do any of those things. Power isn't everything, but price is. You gotta appeal to the casuals, and PS Move and Kinetics don't beat Nintendo's motion gaming by a longshot.

#6 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:37 AM

really good news. im actually excited about all of the next gen consoles now, and on the topic of expensive consoles. when you compare the fact that orbis and durango probably wont come packaged with controllers like the wii u i think they will be very powerful and affordable. just not that innovative compared to nintendo.

#7 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

really good news. im actually excited about all of the next gen consoles now, and on the topic of expensive consoles. when you compare the fact that orbis and durango probably wont come packaged with controllers like the wii u i think they will be very powerful and affordable. just not that innovative compared to nintendo.

So not only am I going to drop well over $500 (facetious number, I know, just bear with me for the sake of argument) for a system, it won't actually come with any controllers?

MAN, the future of gaming is looking awesome. :rolleyes:

On Topic: Now, I'm no tech-head by any means, but wouldn't 8 to 16 gigs of RAM make the system freaking expensive in the long run? And if so...is Sony just begging to be bankrupt before we reach 2015?

EDIT: Just did a bit of research...16 gigs of RAM should cost around $70 or more, while the graphics card that they're touting (AMD A10 APU) is around $130. Not to mention that a replacement blu-ray laser (which, according to the report, is being used again) is around $35-40.

That's almost $250, and that isn't factoring in casing and other stuffs on the inside of this behemoth. I sense another "$599 U.S. DOLLARS" in our future.

Edited by GameCollector, 01 November 2012 - 10:31 AM.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#8 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

8GB or 16BG, What?! If they somehow know this secret information then how can they not know which one it is, there is an enormous difference between 8GB and 16GB. Either way consoles don't need nearly as much RAM as PCs to run games, I don't believe this report for a second, I honestly don't care if its ign, that doesn't mean they won't lie. Anyway there is a chance this is just a very different approach to hardware architecture and that all this RAM will somehow replace quality a CPU and GPU kind of like how the Wii U's GPGPU does some of the tasks that the CPU normally does
Posted Image

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

8GB or 16BG, What?! If they somehow know this secret information then how can they not know which one it is, there is an enormous difference between 8GB and 16GB. Either way consoles don't need nearly as much RAM as PCs to run games, I don't believe this report for a second, I honestly don't care if its ign, that doesn't mean they won't lie. Anyway there is a chance this is just a very different approach to hardware architecture and that all this RAM will somehow replace quality a CPU and GPU kind of like how the Wii U's GPGPU does some of the tasks that the CPU normally does

It's very early.
Much like the DS. You remember, right? It got its second screen after 3 or 4 iterations of the hardware.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 neverwinteru

neverwinteru

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

So not only am I going to drop well over $500 (facetious number, I know, just bear with me for the sake of argument) for a system, it won't actually come with any controllers?

MAN, the future of gaming is looking awesome. :rolleyes:

On Topic: Now, I'm no tech-head by any means, but wouldn't 8 to 16 gigs of RAM make the system freaking expensive in the long run? And if so...is Sony just begging to be bankrupt before we reach 2015?

-___- i ment they will probably stick to traditional controllers.

#11 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

-___- i ment they will probably stick to traditional controllers.

Well, you only said "won't come with packaged controllers," so forgive me if my train of thought followed that.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#12 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

Well, even if it is "8 or 16gb", devkits usually have more than the final version. Not that I really mind good competition or anything. Gonna be buying "Orbis" as soon as I exhaust PS3's library. :)

I'm unsure how expensive RAM is for consoles though? On PCs it's one of the cheaper components.
Posted Image

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:47 AM

8-16 Gb (vg247 original used Gb, do they know the difference between Gb and GB? Im going to assume they dont, because if they did, the ps3 would have less ram than wii u) is for the DEVKITS.

Wii u devkits have 3-4GB ram. Retail units have 2GB (or 16Gb).

Halve devkit ram to get an idea of whats coming at retail.

A10 apu series. Conservative, but no slouch. Sony is thinking fiscally this time.

Its pretty much the same design concept as the wii u. Gpu and cpu on one chip, easier thermal management, less juice needed.

No mention of a discreet gpu on top of the apu. There are going to be same devastatingly disillusioned fanboys if this is legit.

Everyone else should be happy with 1080p 3d 60fps 'no problem'.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:59 AM

Well, even if it is "8 or 16gb", devkits usually have more than the final version. Not that I really mind good competition or anything. Gonna be buying "Orbis" as soon as I exhaust PS3's library. :)

I'm unsure how expensive RAM is for consoles though? On PCs it's one of the cheaper components.

ram's still reasonably cheap, but comparing the ram you can get for a pc build for 20-30$ and something Nintendo or Sony would put in their consoles would be like comparing a calculator to a robot with free thought and can make coffee.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'm actually pretty surprised that we got ps4 info before major nextbox information....very surprised indeed. On that note...8-16gb...is insane.

Edited by TrickySx4, 01 November 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#16 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

8GB - 16GB seems a bit overkill don't you think? Will the PS4 even reach anywhere close to consuming 16GB of RAM?
But on the bright side, at least the option is there.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#17 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Remember how the Wii U was x16 more powerful than the PS3? Yeah, I wonder why that never happened.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#18 Hinkik

Hinkik

Skrillax numbr 1 faen

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • Fandom:
    Skrallux

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Am I the only one excited for the nextgen graphics? I still prefer Nintendo over the rest but hey this time we will get to see the real next gen graphics if this rumor is true, not multiplatform games that have high AA and res on a PC, but completely new graphics technologies.

Edited by Hinkik, 01 November 2012 - 02:00 PM.

28gxdv8.png

#19 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:16 PM

P
S4 for $999 I bet

#20 Keviin