44 replies to this topic

#21 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

I saw this video quite awhile ago and it made me laugh, but from what we heard about the preorders I don't think it matters, does it? though people still have this whole negative image against Nintendo and that its for little kids. When I was in gamestop today trying out the wiiu for the first time the thing was surrounded by little kids. Not one person over the age of ten was remotely interested, and let me mention the store was filled with people. I stood there playing rayman legends with a random 8 year :P

Edited by meitantei_conan, 11 November 2012 - 04:37 PM.

#22 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

^The preorders may be sold out but we don't know how many units they have. And many consoles have sold out preorders so that doesn't mean much.

#23 Puppy Bot

Puppy Bot

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

^The preorders may be sold out but we don't know how many units they have. And many consoles have sold out preorders so that doesn't mean much.

Pre-orders are sold out, pretty much EVERYWHERE. I've looked.

I saw this video quite awhile ago and it made me laugh, but from what we heard about the preorders I don't think it matters, does it? though people still have this whole negative image against Nintendo and that its for little kids. When I was in gamestop today trying out the wiiu for the first time the thing was surrounded by little kids. Not one person over the age of ten was remotely interested, and let me mention the store was filled with people. I stood there playing rayman legends with a random 8 year :P

For me, it's select people who are interested in Wii U, not a specific age group or any specific group. Most 6-14 year olds in my area are interested in CoD, the simple-minded ignorant people they are. All they have is Xbox and all Nintendo consoles are "gay". It makes me angry, seeing how much better Wii U is spec-wise than PS3/360.

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

Wow, I saw that video when it first came out, I was shocked to my very core :wacko:

#25 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:54 PM

Here in Aus, not many people I know have any idea about the wiiU, other than advertising at stores like EB games I haven't seen any "in your face" type advertisements at all. No posters or ads on bus shelters etc. if I was head of Nintendo advertisement here I would be plastering that stuff everywhere. Hell I think the 3ds received a lot more exposure when it came out.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#26 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:59 PM

Fair enough, but modern games have way more potential and longevity, not an opinion, a fact.

Potential Yes. Longevity No. I'm still playing classics I beat tons of times, However there are No definitive titles of the Current or last Gen (excluding dreamcast) I will most likely ever touch again. HOWEVER... Retro games are what I grew up with. 10-15 years from now you may feel the same as I do now.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#27 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Nintendo has done a horrendous job at creating hype for the Wii U, most people believe it's a Wii add-on.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#28 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

Nintendo has done a horrendous job at creating hype for the Wii U, most people believe it's a Wii add-on.

Obviously since all preorders are sold out.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#29 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

thats because nintendo has been giving different names to theyr consoles every new gen unlike playstation or xbox these are much easier to recognise, now if you call the next one wii again the people may be confused
Posted Image

#30 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Even if they just called it wii 2, I think that would relate to consumers more. Although a very bland name it exsentuates the fact it's not just an ad on.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#31 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Obviously since all preorders are sold out.

Only core gamers pre-ordered.

#32 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Only core gamers pre-ordered.

Know any non core gamers who pre-order? I don't casuals are casual for a reason.
Posted Image

#33 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

Potential Yes. Longevity No. I'm still playing classics I beat tons of times, However there are No definitive titles of the Current or last Gen (excluding dreamcast) I will most likely ever touch again. HOWEVER... Retro games are what I grew up with. 10-15 years from now you may feel the same as I do now.

No, just no. No definitive titles? are you kidding me? Just because you don't find them as exciting as you did when you were a little kid, doesn't mean anything. Games today can be much bigger, better looking and have far superior gameplay to what you could get on a new 3D, 8 bit or 16 bit system that you'd play back in the day. I'm not just stating an opinion, it's a fact. These old games are clunky pieces of crap by today's standards, and just because "they're old" doesn't make it any better.

#34 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:39 PM

No, just no. No definitive titles? are you kidding me? Just because you don't find them as exciting as you did when you were a little kid, doesn't mean anything. Games today can be much bigger, better looking and have far superior gameplay to what you could get on a new 3D, 8 bit or 16 bit system that you'd play back in the day. I'm not just stating an opinion, it's a fact. These old games are clunky pieces of crap by today's standards, and just because "they're old" doesn't make it any better.

That's 100% opinion. It's not even worth an argument at all - games now a days are mostly boring rehashes of what we saw last generation - graphics don't mean squat - pretty games can still suck. Your whole argument is trying to make your opinion become fact - and it's not, in fact if your logic is true than there are no opinions - everything is fact. Aliens exist man - people saw them - fact.
Posted Image

#35 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Why? Modern games are 1 million times better than retro games, it's just that it's spawned a lot of people who only play sports games and shooting games because it's the fad at the moment, it will die out.

It's not a fad. I'm a wii u supporter, I love all games, I have all systems...but it's not a fad, don't kid yourself at all. Some people just like playing sports and FPS games. Some people just like horror movies. Some people just like playing basketball but not football or soccer. Some people just like one flavor of ice cream.

Madden and Call of Duty are not fads.

#36 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

That's 100% opinion. It's not even worth an argument at all - games now a days are mostly boring rehashes of what we saw last generation - graphics don't mean squat - pretty games can still suck. Your whole argument is trying to make your opinion become fact - and it's not, in fact if your logic is true than there are no opinions - everything is fact. Aliens exist man - people saw them - fact.

Boring rehashes? Oblivion and Skyrim added upon Morrowind more than any game from the 8-16bit generation could ever do, we have games like Dark Souls, Guild Wars 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect, Arkham City/Asylum, Borderlands, the Total War series, Just Cause 2, The Witcher 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, the new Nintendo franchises being better than ever, Dishonored, Starcraft 2, Torchlight II, The Telltale games, Fallout 3. There are so many more.

#37 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Know any non core gamers who pre-order? I don't casuals are casual for a reason.

Yep. So that doesn't mean anything, they are doing terribly with the casual market and nobody knows what it is.

#38 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Boring rehashes? Oblivion and Skyrim added upon Morrowind more than any game from the 8-16bit generation could ever do, we have games like Dark Souls, Guild Wars 2, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mass Effect, Arkham City/Asylum, Borderlands, the Total War series, Just Cause 2, The Witcher 1 & 2, Assassin's Creed, Darksiders, the new Nintendo franchises being better than ever, Dishonored, Starcraft 2, Torchlight II, The Telltale games, Fallout 3. There are so many more.

Opinions are opinions for a reason. I gave my opinion just like you gave yours. Leaving sequels aside..since obviously they are built on already existing idea's....you named a handful of games our of hundreds if not thousands of mediocre games. The same goes for Retro games - OPINION is that modern games hold no more significance to gaming than Retro games did - they are just an evolutionary stage in the grand scheme of gaming my friend. Every new Zelda game blows my mind - but they are fundamentally all the same. The original Zelda is still one of my favorite games of all time - no matter how much the series progresses. People from this generation will remember games from this generation fondly, just like people from my generation remember games from my youth fondly, but if you really believe what your saying is fact then I have nothing more to argue about...especially because I can dissect every last game you listed up there as to how none of them are original and owe everything they are to there forefathers in some way shape or form. Want a fact? This is my opinion - fact.

Yep. So that doesn't mean anything, they are doing terribly with the casual market and nobody knows what it is.

They aren't doing much different than they did with the Wii - and it does mean a lot. People lining up to pre-order and get new consoles at launch are not casual gamers, casual gamers are going to be home content with what they have regardless of knowing a new console is our or not. Nintendo hasn't been in business as long as it has because it doesn't know how to market. They will be fine, and they will get the word out and it will sell just fine, but does that matter anyways? A lot of people complain the Wii attracted to much casualness to it...so wouldn't the lack of casuals and embrace from core gamers be better anyways?
Posted Image

#39 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:31 PM

Opinions are opinions for a reason. I gave my opinion just like you gave yours. Leaving sequels aside..since obviously they are built on already existing idea's....you named a handful of games our of hundreds if not thousands of mediocre games. The same goes for Retro games - OPINION is that modern games hold no more significance to gaming than Retro games did - they are just an evolutionary stage in the grand scheme of gaming my friend. Every new Zelda game blows my mind - but they are fundamentally all the same. The original Zelda is still one of my favorite games of all time - no matter how much the series progresses. People from this generation will remember games from this generation fondly, just like people from my generation remember games from my youth fondly, but if you really believe what your saying is fact then I have nothing more to argue about...especially because I can dissect every last game you listed up there as to how none of them are original and owe everything they are to there forefathers in some way shape or form. Want a fact? This is my opinion - fact.

They aren't doing much different than they did with the Wii - and it does mean a lot. People lining up to pre-order and get new consoles at launch are not casual gamers, casual gamers are going to be home content with what they have regardless of knowing a new console is our or not. Nintendo hasn't been in business as long as it has because it doesn't know how to market. They will be fine, and they will get the word out and it will sell just fine, but does that matter anyways? A lot of people complain the Wii attracted to much casualness to it...so wouldn't the lack of casuals and embrace from core gamers be better anyways?

I understand I can be a bit of an ass sometimes when it comes to these sorts of things, I just don't know when to stop. But what I'm trying to say is that technically games have the opportunity to be a whole lot better today than they ever were, it's merely up to the developer to use the technology to the full potential. I'll try and stop being such a dick though, I can get out of hand.

#40 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

I understand I can be a bit of an ass sometimes when it comes to these sorts of things, I just don't know when to stop. But what I'm trying to say is that technically games have the opportunity to be a whole lot better today than they ever were, it's merely up to the developer to use the technology to the full potential. I'll try and stop being such a dick though, I can get out of hand.

We are both stubborn man - lol - I respect your opinion
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!