• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

So people in America don't know about the Wii U, the new advertisement doesn't help either.
Look at this old video: Date October 5th
https://www.youtube....h?v=FEJRURH2xiM

This video was about as useful as asking a 3 year old to explain quantum physics. You can't base these things on a simple test of asking non-gamers (mostly) if they've heard of something that, for the most part, has been kept under wraps even to the gaming community up until recently. You can't expect people to know what something is before they've seen it, especially people who aren't anywhere near the loop like we are.

I've always thought that things I follow for a long time, whether it's an upcoming game/console/movie release, needs to be advertised more. You see crap things like Twilight commercials a month in advance, yet all the pro awesome stuff I like they get a week tops before the actual launch day. And you'd be lucky if even the people in the stores know wtf you're talking about half the time.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#42 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 11 November 2012 - 08:47 PM

Well, the people in my neighborhood know about the Wii U, if the Gamestop near me selling out of pre-orders and putting me on a waiting list is any indication.

That's pretty much the reason Wal-Mart became my option to get a Wii U console.

Edited by SDDMN, 11 November 2012 - 09:48 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#43 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

Obviously since all preorders are sold out.

Obviously since all preorders are sold out.

Many of those preorders are going to be resold on Ebay for profit. The casual consumer has no idea what the Wii U is and what it's capable of doing. It their eyes they see it as another accessory for the Wii. Who's to blame? Nintendo are the ones to blame. I have probably seen one Wii U commercial in the past few days.

Edited by Zinix, 11 November 2012 - 09:36 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#44 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

Many of those preorders are going to be resold on Ebay for profit. The casual consumer has no idea what the Wii U is and what it's capable of doing. It their eyes they see it as another accessory for the Wii. Who's to blame? Nintendo are the ones to blame. I have probably seen one Wii U commercial in the past few days.

I haven't even seen any advertising for the Wii U here in Australia.

Edited by CUD, 11 November 2012 - 09:41 PM.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#45 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

...I think that it will be easy getting a wii u in a small area because only the gamers know about it. and there are not alot of gamers in small areas.

This is what I'm counting on to get my Wii U as soon as possible. xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!