• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

I've preordered the wiiU but after reading some early reviews I now have my doubts..

Mass effect 3 apparently struggles to cope with frame rate and poor sound, considering this is supposed to better than the ps3/360...why?
I now wonder whether black ops 2 will struggle.arghh..!
I'm wondering whether to cancel and sit on the fence now, but then if its awesome could have a hard time getting hold of 1 lol..
Tough being a gamer, and easily swayed by opinions..dammit :)

#2 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

I get swayed.

#3 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

this is nothing new from third party devs, just look at Skyrim on ps3 and BO 2 on ps3 they are VASTLY inferior to the 360 version, and its suposed to be a more powerful machine

its all about time and effort to make a good port, things that third party devs seems to be lacking nowadays

you never can say when a version on a more powerful machine will be worse than another one

Edited by Stormage09, 16 November 2012 - 08:58 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Stephen

Stephen

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 290 posts
  • Fandom:
    mario, mariokart, minecraft

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Not Wii U fault, Its the Devs who make sloppy ports.
It takes time for good ports to be made. And to be honest, EA won't care.

Posted Image

PM me if you want to add me on 3ds

#5 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:03 AM

this is nothing new from third party devs, just look at Skyrim on ps3 and BO 2 on ps3 they are VASTLY inferior to the 360 version, and its suposed to be a more powerful machine

its all about time and effort to make a good port, things that third party devs seems to be lacking nowadays

you never can say when a version on a more powerful machine will be worse than another one

You mean like silent hill 2 and 3 on ps3?

Or god of war collection?

Or re4 re release?

Crap ports will be crap ports no matter how powerful the platform.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#6 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

I try to ignore reviews for the most part, the best thing to do is if your not sure about a game don't forget there supposed to allow demos on the system, test it or could always rent it first. Good example ninja gaiden the guy on ign said get the pro controller you'll need it but a guy from another review said don't use the pro that the pad works much better the only way to know for sure is to give it a test spin.

#7 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

here you have a good proff, ps3 is suposed to be more powerful than the 360 but look at this, look at this mess, it looks like carp, you can only blame the developers after seeing this piece of garbage

http://www.eurogamer...ps-2-on-console

Edited by Stormage09, 16 November 2012 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

I get swayed. Depends on how "bad" a review is though. Different people have different opinions. What could be a major flaw to one reviewer could be minor for me.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#9 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

How can you trust someone that gives COD a perfect 10! You simply cant trust reveiws these days.

Signature_DK.png

#10 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:32 AM

read this, about the ME 3 thing

http://www.neogaf.co...9&postcount=526

PD: im off the entire weekend! see you on sunday US ogres with your wiiu's =O

Edited by Stormage09, 16 November 2012 - 09:33 AM.

Posted Image

#11 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:38 AM

read this, about the ME 3 thing

http://www.neogaf.co...9&postcount=526

PD: im off the entire weekend! see you on sunday US ogres with your wiiu's =O

Knowing EA they are going to take that as a bad sign and wimp out on Nintendo.I hope not because I wanted to see more of their games on Wii U like Dead Space and Dragon Age.

Signature_DK.png

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:49 AM

I'm a little disappointed by review. I'm definitely not getting Mass Effect (ok, maybe or maybe not, I want to see more of it first) or Sonic Racing. The launch games do seem pretty disappointing. NSMBU got criticized a lot too. Even ZombiU didn't get to ONM's top 5 Wii U launch games! It got beaten by Sonic Racing which got a 60 something. I guess the only good game coming out are Nintendo Land and Tekken.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

I never let reviews sway me. At the end of the day, it's just the opinion of another person. And while it's nice to see the opinions of others, it's better to create your own.

#14 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

I get swayed occasionally but other times I over look it because not everyone doing the review is going to like it so of course there's going to be some negative review

wjapt2.jpg

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

I'm a little disappointed by review. I'm definitely not getting Mass Effect (ok, maybe or maybe not, I want to see more of it first) or Sonic Racing. The launch games do seem pretty disappointing. NSMBU got criticized a lot too. Even ZombiU didn't get to ONM's top 5 Wii U launch games! It got beaten by Sonic Racing which got a 60 something. I guess the only good game coming out are Nintendo Land and Tekken.

Actually the reason Zombi U,AC3,ME3,etc. didnt get on the list was because ONM was going to review them next month from what I heard. They were only talking about the ones they did this month.

Signature_DK.png

#16 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Halo 4 got a 9.8 at IGN. No way I was buying that crap game after that.

Oh. Wait. It was the prepaid Wii U and 6 games.

#17 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:42 AM

Actually the reason Zombi U,AC3,ME3,etc. didnt get on the list was because ONM was going to review them next month from what I heard. They were only talking about the ones they did this month.

Oh OK. That's a shame.:(

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:50 AM

I create my own opininion, I'm never swayed by reviews, places like IGN are so brought out there is no way that decent games get low scores and crap games like CoD get almost perfect scores without somthing going on, the only reviewer on IGN I trust is Audry Drake and her reviews for Pokemon as she is a long time fan.

#19 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

If a review is really critical, but a game I want I just rent it. So I'm swayed abit, but not really enough to stop me playing the game. I'm going to try to avoid reviews on Wii U games this time around, want to find some games myself, and not considering another persons opinion.

#20 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:46 PM

I saw Sonic Racing Transformed get a 60 something from a magazine. Due to something about the world tour and multiplayer, along with uninspired weapons. Doesn't sway me, IGN gave the game an 8. So I'm not worried, since it'll probably be like the first game, just better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!