IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

Is the conduit a ip for nintendo?

No the Conduit is not a Nintendo IP. It's owned by Sega, but it has only been released on Nintendo systems up to this point. The best comparision is Square Enix( From Final Fantasy 7-12) and Sony's relationship

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#24 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

Conduit was crap!! I cant c nintendo developing a fps for hardcore gamers unless its something for kids like mario shooting turtle shells @ blocks.if they do make a nintendo halo It will definatly be a 3rd party title. Anyway im not bothered about halo"s i want eternal darkness 2

#25 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

I really wouldn't care, but it's not Nintendo's, so why would you say, "Nintendo's Halo"?

I also thought you said that would make Ninty dead. XD!
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#26 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Conduit was crap!! I cant c nintendo developing a fps for hardcore gamers unless its something for kids like mario shooting turtle shells @ blocks.if they do make a nintendo halo It will definatly be a 3rd party title. Anyway im not bothered about halo"s i want eternal darkness 2

ctually, Nintendo did get something equailivulent to Halo:
Metroid Prime 3
The focus was far to heavy on combat

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#27 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

ctually, Nintendo did get something equailivulent to Halo:
Metroid Prime 3
The focus was far to heavy on combat

If it's Metroid, me likey. But for some reason, I hated Halo. Weirdness. But it was a somewhat different genre.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#28 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

If it's Metroid, me likey. But for some reason, I hated Halo. Weirdness. But it was a somewhat different genre.

They are actually considered a different genre, Halo is a First person shooter while Metroid is a First person Adventure.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#29 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:18 PM

I agree different genres completely. I must admit i have clocked 2 halo games but only 1 metroid game. Metroid prime hit the benchmark none that followed surpassed. I still dont think nintendo will. Nintendo will just let the 3 rd parties do it while they will try and keep there family friendly rep.

#30 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:07 AM

i didnt like the conduit games, i dont want to be hated so i wont say why. It didnt sell too good (for unsaid reasons) and i doubt it will return. possibly another shooter with a true multiplayer will be made but notby HVS, they need to find a different genre. i think they were making Grinder (grindhouse styled survival FPS) but i think it was pulled or SUPER delayed. The point is Halo was a new level of FPS when it first came out, large open battlegrounds, story, multiplayer. A flagship FPS (with multiplayer) for WiiU will have to do all that and more, of course with the new controller it can, but HVS can't deliver that yet, other studios could. Right now Metroid is Nintendo's best shooter and the closest it will get to multiplayer is maybe an open world Co-op, not a "Halo game". This is my opinion NOW EAT IT!!!! (just kidding)
Posted Image

#31 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

So everyone pretty much agrees on this front (that the Conduit simply cannot fit the bill of flagship FPS franchise for a Nintendo system)... but I'm actually rather interested in the Individual "why's" (especially the ones people are reluctant to mention). Some seem to think that Nintendo is incapable of courting a real "hardcore" FPS at all, while others simply object to the Conduit as an individual franchise.

Personally, I'm in the latter camp. I think Nintendo has been home to some of the greatest FPS of all time (Goldeneye/Perfect Dark) in earlier console cycles, and I see no reason at all why they cannot do the same thing this next cycle. The Conduit, while fun, is a copycat game on every level, from story to play mechanics and everything in between. This does not mean, however, that Nintendo could not court a real quality, innovative studio - one that could produce the "next big thing" in FPS gaming. Lots of people are afraid to use "hardcore" on these boards as a descriptor, because the reaction is often so severe (for one reason or another)... but really, people, we know what is meant by the term if we are being even slightly charitable. Halo is a deep, innovative experience. It is well crafted and well polished. It does a lot of very interesting and very unique things with online multiplayer, and with open-world combat. People that play competitively and spend lots of money on services and DLC are VERY into this game. It's fun to play, in part and as much as it pains us to admit it, for the same reason that Facebook is fun to use... because it's "cool" enough that everyone uses it. I think that Nintendo can, and that Nintendo SHOULD, play host to a game that does just this - captures the hardcore market with a fresh, innovative approach to the stale FPS formula, and provides the market with an experience that IT thinks is "cool". I know this is distasteful to a lot of people... but entertainment companies really do have to pay attention to what consumers want in terms of theme, tone, and style.

That doesn't mean that Nintendo should sell out on the kind of game that they want to make (that would make for some really clunky and awkward gaming), but it sure as first-person-shooting does mean that they need to court a studio that does want to make this kind of game.

#32 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Elder Scrolls, LoZ

Posted 06 September 2011 - 01:35 AM

The Conduit was okay at best. The controls just weren't good enough, and I'm aware that you could virtually customize them any way you like. The problem is the Wii remote and nunchuck. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the innovative controllers, but they just weren't as responsive, solid, or accurate enough for FPS games as they needed to be.

On paper, this control type should be better. You see a bad guy. You aim and shoot the bad guy, right? Well it didn't play like that. I blame the oversimplified and minimal adjustable options between the Wii remote and sensor bar in the system settings, as well as any additional lag it may have brought. A few added options and we would have had a more precise controller. We could have really seen some cool, and much more accurate things.

Consider the Following:
What if you were to play a game where you had to walk your character straight forward, but every time you push your analog stick forward, your character would veer to the right or left? Even though you KNEW you were pushing STRAIGHT up? You'd be upset right? Unacceptable? You might even think there's something wrong with your controller? That's the Wiimote, sad to say.

When I played Goldeneye for Wii, I loved it when I used the Classic or a GC controller, but not so much with the Wii controls. It's just a bit too loose or fast paced for something as intense as a FPS.

Another great fix would have been adding a second analog stick to the Wiimote. That way, on your nunchuck stick, you can walk/strafe, on your Wiimote stick you can head/look, and moving the Wiimote around would act as your arm/sight. Separating the controls that way would make for a MUCH more precise experience, but that would have looked to complex a controller and Nintendo were going after simplicity at the time to grab all those grandpas and babies out there.

I know I'm sounding kind of harsh, but let's just call it like it is for just a second. I'm a solid Nintendo fan, through and through, but with Wii, Nintendo's mindset was on other business avenues. I do believe that with Wii U, they want to make right with everyone again.

#33 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:02 AM

The Conduit was okay at best. The controls just weren't good enough, and I'm aware that you could virtually customize them any way you like. The problem is the Wii remote and nunchuck. Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of the innovative controllers, but they just weren't as responsive, solid, or accurate enough for FPS games as they needed to be.

On paper, this control type should be better. You see a bad guy. You aim and shoot the bad guy, right? Well it didn't play like that. I blame the oversimplified and minimal adjustable options between the Wii remote and sensor bar in the system settings, as well as any additional lag it may have brought. A few added options and we would have had a more precise controller. We could have really seen some cool, and much more accurate things.

Consider the Following:
What if you were to play a game where you had to walk your character straight forward, but every time you push your analog stick forward, your character would veer to the right or left? Even though you KNEW you were pushing STRAIGHT up? You'd be upset right? Unacceptable? You might even think there's something wrong with your controller? That's the Wiimote, sad to say.

When I played Goldeneye for Wii, I loved it when I used the Classic or a GC controller, but not so much with the Wii controls. It's just a bit too loose or fast paced for something as intense as a FPS.

Another great fix would have been adding a second analog stick to the Wiimote. That way, on your nunchuck stick, you can walk/strafe, on your Wiimote stick you can head/look, and moving the Wiimote around would act as your arm/sight. Separating the controls that way would make for a MUCH more precise experience, but that would have looked to complex a controller and Nintendo were going after simplicity at the time to grab all those grandpas and babies out there.

I know I'm sounding kind of harsh, but let's just call it like it is for just a second. I'm a solid Nintendo fan, through and through, but with Wii, Nintendo's mindset was on other business avenues. I do believe that with Wii U, they want to make right with everyone again.

lol, wut? I find the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo way more accurate than dual-stick. And I've played through Goldeneye 007 like 5 times with the Wiimote...and I've never had any problems, especially not the ones you say you're having. Maybe you just need to calm down when you're playing these games? :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#34 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 September 2011 - 07:20 AM

lol, wut? I find the Wiimote+Nunchuck combo way more accurate than dual-stick. And I've played through Goldeneye 007 like 5 times with the Wiimote...and I've never had any problems, especially not the ones you say you're having. Maybe you just need to calm down when you're playing these games? :P

It depends on each person since everybody is different. He may find it difficult to use the wii remote. What he suggest could open up more people to the wii remote and nunchuck.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#35 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Posted ImageGamecollector44, on 06 September 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Thank you Blooper.

Look, All I'm saying is that It could be better.

It is definitely a step in the right direction, but I think we could all agree that it needs improvement.
I'm almost positive that a second analog stick would have given players more accurate control over their character,
but it would have also made things more complex for the casual demo. I think Ninty flipped a coin on it and they chose well.
I mean, the Wii sold like crazy.

When I first heard about the Wii+nunchuck I thought, 'fantastic! Now we'll have the accuracy of a pc mouse/keyboard user' ...
Do you have any idea how fast your 'A' would be handed to you if you went up against a pc gamer with his set-up against your Wiimote controller? It'd be a bloodbath!

Now I'm not a P.C. guy at all, but it is said that, when mastered, it's the absolute BEST way to play FP games. They usually score better against even the best of dual-stick gamers, but it wasn't always like that.
They had to improve the mouse over time for accuracy. First there was the dirty mouse ball that would get stuck or bump and jumble, then came the optical mouse, but with a low dpi read, and now,
pc gamers use mice with very high, very accurate dpi readings, destroying the competition.

The Wii remote is like an entry level optical mouse with not the most accurate tracking abilities.
Think about it... They already had to improve the Wii remote once with the Wii Motion Plus feature. Proof that it still needs improvement.
Come to think of it, are there any FPS games on the Wii that take advantage of the more accurate Wii Motion Plus? Because I'd love to try it.
Still, even after I do, I know more can be done for accuracy.

Not just a second stick, but a more precise TRULY three dimensional sensor bar system,
more accurately detecting width, height and depth, and ALWAYS KNOWING where the exact center of your television is. That last part is very important.
If those couple of things were addressed and improved, We'd all have a much better gaming experience.
Not only that, but developers wouldn't have to hold back as much on enemy AI because of our lugging and bumbling our characters around.
Heck, developers might have actually developed games for the system in the first place. Games would just feel better and more real.

If you're old enough, do you remember playing split-screen Goldeneye on the N64 and seeing your friend running around aiming at the sky or the ground trying to straighten out to shoot you? Well it's not that bad, but I kind of get that feeling when I play Wii Goldeneye against my friends who insist on using the Wii/nunchuck setup against my trusty old GC controller.

There will be a better wireless Wii controller in the years ahead. Perhaps I'm just speaking from a future perspective.
I just wish they made the future Wii remote first.

Or perhaps I just need to calm down...

#36 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:26 AM

Posted ImageGamecollector44, on 06 September 2011 - 07:02 AM, said:

Thank you Blooper.

Look, All I'm saying is that It could be better.

It is definitely a step in the right direction, but I think we could all agree that it needs improvement.
I'm almost positive that a second analog stick would have given players more accurate control over their character,
but it would have also made things more complex for the casual demo. I think Ninty flipped a coin on it and they chose well.
I mean, the Wii sold like crazy.

When I first heard about the Wii+nunchuck I thought, 'fantastic! Now we'll have the accuracy of a pc mouse/keyboard user' ...
Do you have any idea how fast your 'A' would be handed to you if you went up against a pc gamer with his set-up against your Wiimote controller? It'd be a bloodbath!

Now I'm not a P.C. guy at all, but it is said that, when mastered, it's the absolute BEST way to play FP games. They usually score better against even the best of dual-stick gamers, but it wasn't always like that.
They had to improve the mouse over time for accuracy. First there was the dirty mouse ball that would get stuck or bump and jumble, then came the optical mouse, but with a low dpi read, and now,
pc gamers use mice with very high, very accurate dpi readings, destroying the competition.

The Wii remote is like an entry level optical mouse with not the most accurate tracking abilities.
Think about it... They already had to improve the Wii remote once with the Wii Motion Plus feature. Proof that it still needs improvement.
Come to think of it, are there any FPS games on the Wii that take advantage of the more accurate Wii Motion Plus? Because I'd love to try it.
Still, even after I do, I know more can be done for accuracy.

Not just a second stick, but a more precise TRULY three dimensional sensor bar system,
more accurately detecting width, height and depth, and ALWAYS KNOWING where the exact center of your television is. That last part is very important.
If those couple of things were addressed and improved, We'd all have a much better gaming experience.
Not only that, but developers wouldn't have to hold back as much on enemy AI because of our lugging and bumbling our characters around.
Heck, developers might have actually developed games for the system in the first place. Games would just feel better and more real.

If you're old enough, do you remember playing split-screen Goldeneye on the N64 and seeing your friend running around aiming at the sky or the ground trying to straighten out to shoot you? Well it's not that bad, but I kind of get that feeling when I play Wii Goldeneye against my friends who insist on using the Wii/nunchuck setup against my trusty old GC controller.

There will be a better wireless Wii controller in the years ahead. Perhaps I'm just speaking from a future perspective.
I just wish they made the future Wii remote first.

Or perhaps I just need to calm down...

All I have to say to this is that I feel that you are right, the wii remote will probably be improved years in the future. Technology has always been improved over the years. I say you may need to calm down a bit, but I believe you are right.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

#37 dagwood dang

dagwood dang

Thwomp

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

All I have to say to this is that I feel that you are right, the wii remote will probably be improved years in the future. Technology has always been improved over the years. I say you may need to calm down a bit, but I believe you are right.

Lol.

Ok, I suppose I can calm down a bit. Don't get me wrong, I love the company, it's just that sometimes I reeeealy wish I was in that boardroom when they were making some of those decisions.

...but who am I, right?

#38 The Video Gamer

The Video Gamer

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:44 AM

Yeah Nintendo needs a franchise like this. Hopefully they'll make Conduit 3 on the Wii U then keep it going.

#39 RecklessAngels

RecklessAngels

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:31 PM

Personally, I can't stand The Conduit.

Posted Image

PSN : RecklessAngels

#40 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 06:46 AM

the story is kinda bleh. Halos story is much better and the thing that made it popular was how different gameplay was from goldeneye. That kinda stuck with people and they played it since then. not to much is revolutionary in conduit, although it is pretty dang fun. I want red steel 3!!!!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!