• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:26 PM

I've been wondering why [(Insert 3rd party name here)] would make The Conduit on the Wii when other consoles would be better suited(Don't get me wrong I love it on my shelf) due to it's HD and hardware capabilities. If they plan on making The Conduit an all time exclusive this could be really good for Nintendo since there aren't many exclusives that would appeal to the "Hardcore" gamer of the Ps360 and a exclusive like this could change that. What do you think?

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:50 PM

I am a fan of the series, but High Voltage studios need to make the next one better than the last. The reason why i say this is because the conduit didn't get that much critical praise. However, if HVS could get work with another company they may be able to make the next one great.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#3 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:59 PM

I am a fan of the series, but High Voltage studios need to make the next one better than the last. The reason why i say this is because the conduit didn't get that much critical praise. However, if HVS could get work with another company they may be able to make the next one great.

You do realize Conduit 2 is out already.

1367065580450s.jpg

#4 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

You do realize Conduit 2 is out already.

Yes i do and that game did better than the first but it's fan base has been split on it. I should have said it differently tho. I kinda meant that it would need to become even better for it to be THE killer app for the wii u. I believe that it would be better with the new powerful hardware,but hopefully at improving some parts of conduit 2 such as more customizing for character models. But I believe a conduit wii u will be awesome none the less.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#5 Biohazard

Biohazard

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Gears of War, Killzone

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

I've been wondering why [(Insert 3rd party name here)] would make The Conduit on the Wii when other consoles would be better suited(Don't get me wrong I love it on my shelf) due to it's HD and hardware capabilities. If they plan on making The Conduit an all time exclusive this could be really good for Nintendo since there aren't many exclusives that would appeal to the "Hardcore" gamer of the Ps360 and a exclusive like this could change that. What do you think?

High Voltage Software made The Conduit for the Wii to prove that the console could display graphics as good as the HD twins. They could make it for the HD consoles, but that would be too easy and would easily get lost in the crowded FPS market. Having it on the Wii would make it standout.

#6 Kinvara

Kinvara

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:25 PM

I think they have potential but in order to differentiate themselves from the rest of the scifi FPS's out there- they should make The Conduit 3 (or whatever it may be called) a parody by making it as ridiculous as possible.

#7 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

Man, I have to register a pretty emphatic "no" to this thought, for a few reasons.

1st, while the game is fun... it's pretty much one of those games that, I hate to say, is "good for a Wii game"... Conduit 2 was not a significant improvement in terms of story, features, tone, or game engine either (and I think that's why it suffered from fairly universal "so-so" reviews). The scale of the game is hardly "epic", the premise is neither original nor particularly compelling, and the play dynamics are not really anything to write home about in terms of innovation or deep immersion.

2nd, and this perhaps helps to explain the first point, High Voltage has said in interviews with IGN (GameScoop) that they really had (and have) no interest in making a "killer app" for Nintendo - that they were not out to make the "Halo killer"... rather, with the Conduit, they were just trying to "have fun" and to push the limits of the Wii's hardware.

With this in mind, I think that the Conduit is hardly the franchise to be Nintendo's flagship FPS. High Voltage may, indeed, produce something great for the big N... but this doesn't seem to be their goal... and I don't think that what they make will be on par with Halo. The studio does good genre pieces... but nothing genre defining (and they seem to be okay with that).

#8 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

1 GAME METRioD iS oUR HALo
Posted Image

#9 Tony Bradshaw

Tony Bradshaw

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Never played or heard of 'Conduit' am I missing out?

Posted Image
For all the latest Wii U News: http://wiiuupdates.com/

#10 Axis Magnus

Axis Magnus

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:31 AM

Ok let's be honest with ourselves, The only reason Wii owners accepted the Conduit with open arms is that HVS is the only developer with the stones to make an exclusive "hardcore" FPS on a system that many believed would a perfect fit for FPSs (due to the Remote+Nunchuck combo). Unfortunately, Conduit failed to be unique other than than the fact that it's on the Wii. While Conduit 2 is a step up on graphics, weapons and online, it's presentation still failed to stand out.

Sadly other than it's 80s horror vibe, Killer Freaks on Wii U is probably going to suffer the same fate.

#11 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:37 AM

I like The Grinder. :D
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#12 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I actually thought golden eye was the halo for nintendo.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#13 Crimson

Crimson

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Fandom:
    Platformers

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:16 AM

Metroid is Nintendo's Halo. I like Conduit and High Voltage though.

#14 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:22 AM

Metroid is Nintendo's Halo. I like Conduit and High Voltage though.

When I say Nintendo's Halo I'm talking about a way to get people to switch to Nintendo because it has a Sci-Fi shooter with wonder weapons and Kick ass multyplayer and campaigns with a wide array of weapons. If only Metroid had kick-ass online like Hunters did. =(

1367065580450s.jpg

#15 Narcidius

Narcidius

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Star Fox

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

I like The Grinder. :D

Hey,ya... I was gonna mention The Grinder, too. From the look of it, at least, I'm likin' that game a lot.

The Conduit will NOT bring anyone to a system. People are right when they say we only accepted it because we had no alternative on Wii. It is a pretty fun game when considered as a "Wii game", but it is a lackluster, boring game on pretty much every level when compared to sci-fi FPS on other systems.

#16 Star

Star

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

I've never played Conduit or Conduit 2, but I played Call Of Duty on my PS2 before there was online or anything. When nobody cared for Call of Duty. If Call Of Duty can become this huge online game that everyone plays, why can't Conduit? If it's because of the story line, that doesn't really matter. I know tons of people who buy Call Of Duty, just to play online. I think I only know one person besides me who played through story mode. So, I believe Conduit can become a huge game if online and everything else is done correctly; But, then again, I've never played it. x)

On another note, I can't wait for Ghost Recon Online on the Wii U. It looks awesome! :)

#17 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

What's with the idea that "hardcore" means violence? It doesn't. It means that the game is made for gamers, not people who usually don't play games. Pretty much all of Nintendo's games are "hardcore".

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

I think someone else should make the Conduit for Wii U.
HVS can't complain about being limited by the hardware of the Wii. I mean Black Ops was pushing it the absolute limit on the Wii, what with the massive WHIRR it was giving off. Plus it was better IMO.

Conduit has a great idea behind it. It just needs to be fleshed a lot more, and I really don't think HVS is up to the job. They set the level with The Conduit but didn't boost it by much in Conduit 2.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

I think someone else should make the Conduit for Wii U.
HVS can't complain about being limited by the hardware of the Wii. I mean Black Ops was pushing it the absolute limit on the Wii, what with the massive WHIRR it was giving off. Plus it was better IMO.

Conduit has a great idea behind it. It just needs to be fleshed a lot more, and I really don't think HVS is up to the job. They set the level with The Conduit but didn't boost it by much in Conduit 2.

yeah,Since getting into a conduit online took forever yet when you try going online it wii black ops its seconds and its graphics are not piss poor black ops looks really good for a wii game best looking realistic wii game I seen I use to think HVS was doing its best but I think now they was just being lazy.

#20 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:14 AM

I don't think HVS is lazy, just do not have enough resources to use since they are a small company and i didn't think Sega support them like that compared to Actitivision and Treyarch. But still, i feel HVs should at least team up with a different game developer who are willing to flesh out the game as much as it can. Whenever i do that i think about Retro studios since they do a good job on there games, but that could be wishful thinking. Just wished they used the script that the writer they hired made instead of the one they used in conduit 2, they said they didn't have enough resources to actually do it.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!