#1 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

So apparently Best Buy says I can pick up the Wii U today!! I called them and the woman said I'm all good to go! Of course I have to go to work first............ I get off work at 4:00 so after work I'll go pick it up! Is anyone else having this lucky turn of events?

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

http://wiiublog.com/...date-for-wii-u/

Walmart did the same thing some places.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Slim Shady

Slim Shady

Pls stand up

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Fandom:
    Earthbound

Im so jelly man :D

So I get off stage right and drop the mic

Walk up to these hot chicks and im all like

"Sup ladies, my names Slim Shady.

I'm the lead singer in D12 baby"

#4 Nintendo

Nintendo

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 144 posts

Wowow.
Do us all a favour and grab it as quickly as possible, bring it back and record all the stuff you like and dislike.
Thanks.

#5 Invertednarrow

Invertednarrow

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Rayman, Legend of Zelda, Tim and Eric

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:22 AM

As soon as I get off work I'll rush over to Best Buy and make all the videos you guys desire! Uhg of all the days! But I'm having a slight problem, I can't seem to access the Wii Shop channel because I I have to update, when I try to update I get an error code 32007. This is freaking me out because if I can't access the Shop channel then I can't download the transfer app to transfer all my saved data to the Wii U. Is anyone else having this issue?

#6 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:27 AM

lucky! No wonder club nintendo showed the wii u early.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#7 Kiki Neko-Chan

Kiki Neko-Chan

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • Fandom:
    Wii/U, The Sims

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

As soon as I get off work I'll rush over to Best Buy and make all the videos you guys desire! Uhg of all the days! But I'm having a slight problem, I can't seem to access the Wii Shop channel because I I have to update, when I try to update I get an error code 32007. This is freaking me out because if I can't access the Shop channel then I can't download the transfer app to transfer all my saved data to the Wii U. Is anyone else having this issue?

Lucky you!! I'm also having an error with the Wii Shop Channel but it's a different error code.

Add Mii on miiverse:

thewiiuguy

^ dayum what a creative name

#8 PRP777

PRP777

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:41 AM

Congradulations! Would it be possible for Gamestop to break the street date if they're informed about the other retailers doing so?

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

I look forward to many lawsuits. Never ever seen systems go before street dates like this before.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 AM

I look forward to many lawsuits. Never ever seen systems go before street dates like this before.

I doubt this'll happen a day before launch.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

Has before, It's against the law my friend
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

Has before, It's against the law my friend

It's not against the law as its not a legal issue. There won't be any law suits and all that will happen is that the retailers who broke the street date will get a slap on the wrist from Nintendo. They are too big and too important to Nintendo for them to take any more drastic action.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:29 AM

I wish my gamestop would call and say i can pick it up.
But they would never break street date.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 AM

It's not against the law as its not a legal issue. There won't be any law suits and all that will happen is that the retailers who broke the street date will get a slap on the wrist from Nintendo. They are too big and too important to Nintendo for them to take any more drastic action.

Look this up before you give a wrong response. I worked in retail and at game stores a long time and they are binded by contract to keep the street date. Breaking this agreement can result in employees being fired and the company being sued.

Edited by TrickySx4, 17 November 2012 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

Look this up before you give a wrong response. I worked in retail and at game stores a long time and they are binded by contract to keep the street date. Breaking this agreement can result in employees being fired and the company being sued.

Absolutely rubbish. You have no idea what you're talking about. I worked in retail for over 20 years most of it with EB Games and Software Etc. in the US and with Game as well as an independent game store here in the UK. I've been not only a sales assistant but also an assistant manager and manager of a shop. It's not illegal and they can't be sued. The only thing that can happen is they can get a slap on the wrist and in the worst case be prevented from selling the publisher's or manufacturer's products. You're the one who is giving wrong information.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 17 November 2012 - 09:40 AM.

#16 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Bull. You couldn't possibly not know this information and not only is your information wrong but I'd wager your lying about your work history to save face. Google search the subject and find hundreds of articles backing up my claim, which in fact is correct
Posted Image

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

Bull. You couldn't possibly not know this information and not only is your information wrong but I'd wager your lying about your work history to save face. Google search the subject and find hundreds of articles backing up my claim, which in fact is correct

I know this information because I worked in the retail games industry for a long time and in various positions including manager. Accusing people of lying is not actually a very mature response. You obviously are trying to come up with excuses to back up your information which is wrong. I don't need to search anything. I suggest you stop accusing people of lying or trying to spread misinformation.

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

I know I'm right friend. All retailers have contracts with publishers and in the contracts have binding agreements to keep the street date. Breaking this contract can result in fines up too 100,000 or 5,000 or more per game sold before the contractual date. In the worst cases the publisher can pull their brand from a retailer. This is correct information. A manager or assistant manager wouldn't deal with contracts or probably wouldn't know about them. You should However know there are repercussions to selling them early. So to edit my statement..It's not a law per say but a breach in contract isn't taken lightly.

Edited by TrickySx4, 17 November 2012 - 10:11 AM.

Posted Image

#19 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

I suggest you stop accusing people of lying or trying to spread misinformation.

Isn't this a contradiction? You say it's wrong to accuse people of lying but you assume he is spreading false information? What? Tricky wasn't the first to make a rebuttal.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:07 AM

inb4 you two realise that laws change from time to time.

They can be fined for breaking a street date I believe.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!