3 replies to this topic

#1 Rayven

Rayven

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Greetings,

I was under the impression that we wouldn't experience problems migrating from our old Wii to the Wii U. My husband has been fighting with this all day. We did the whole SD card migration thing and now we're stuck, unable to have the DLC on either console. Since the migration pretty much wipes out the SD card (yes, we made a backup), the old Wii wants us to download everything again. The Wii U doesn't seem to recognize it's own native available space and it trying to limit us to the native space of the old Wii when trying to re-fetch the songs.

Has anyone been able to port their DLC from Rock Band 3 from one console to the other successfully? If so, would you be kind enough to share how you did so?

This has been my family's favorite game and we're just all so sorely disappointed this evening.

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer. (And I beg patience from the admins if this should be in games... I wandered back and forth trying to decide if this was a software or hardware issue.)

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Great this consoles problems just get worse don't they.

#3 Rayven

Rayven

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

Well I don't know about worse. The big update necessary out of the box was a bit of an unpleasant surprise. We're just a regular family who does assorted gaming, not any kind of cutting edge technophiles who have been following the Wii U news forever. Today has been more unhappiness than happiness beginning with the purchase and ending with this Rock Band debacle.

We love our Wii system, however, and we still have high hopes for the Wii U. The gamepad is really impressive for what little of it we've been able to really see. My daughter played a little bit of the Super Mario game and she had a good time. We've played the Rock Band franchise for quite a few years now and have been huge proponents of voicing our desire for continued support on our console (which is roundly mocked on the Rock Band forums).

Fortunately, it's also Football Day for us (American football) so we got to watch the Packers beat the Lions whilst the update chugged along.

I'm tired and disappointed after day 1. But I'm cautiously optimistic about getting the kinks worked out. The potential for this to be a good addition to my household is definitely there if we can get it all sorted out.

#4 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

Anything new on this?, I am also planning on being able to play RB3 with my downloaded songs when I get the Wii U later this month. My guess is that if it is still an issue, Rock Band could release a new game for Wii U and perhaps address the old DLC from there?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rock band, dlc, migration

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!