Photo

Wii U got problems?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Got problems? (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Does your Wii U have problems?

1. Yes, disc read eorror, crashes, snyc etc... (19 votes [27.54%])

Percentage of vote: 27.54%

2. Nope all is good. (50 votes [72.46%])

Percentage of vote: 72.46%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

WiiUWiiUWii Like a Cop Car

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Capcom, EA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

I've had two instances..

1st.. Very first time I popped in my game, it didn't read the disc.. But my first re-attempt it was fine.

2nd.. I was playing ZombiU when the game crashed.. I was stuck in position looking at my BOB but the gamepad had my radar up.. It didn't do a blank screen and I could only pause, so I would actually put the game at fault but idk...

As long as I don't end up buying 5 WiiU's because of something like RRoD this machine's hardware is exponentially better..

#22 Zok

Zok

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:19 PM

My Wii U is fine! I've only had one glitch so far. Pretty good for a launch console without most stability updates. Also, the speed of the console (loads, etc.) doesn't bother me at all.

#23 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

lets hope nintendo to adress all the software bugs and posible hardware issues as soon as posible!
Posted Image

#24 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:27 PM

I don't have any problems with the Wii U. At least right now. I only have one disc and it's Nintendo Land and it reads just fine. I didn't experience any crashes or glitches when I used my Wii U.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
♪Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#25 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:08 AM

Iv'e had about six hard locks with my Wii U but they were fairly spread apart. Other than that my systems is great!

#26 binx

binx

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

All mine does is lock up.Doesn't matter what fix I tried. Plus it looks like it will be another first party only system like the Wii was for me. Mario and zombiu are fun, everything else is mediocre at best. Not really impressed with the system. Oh, well here's hoping.
Wii U: Riotfunk

#27 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

Still going strong is no problems but had the nintendo land freeze out of no where. Weird that it didnt happen and then that one day it wouldnt let me finish a game. O well a game update couldprobably fix that.
Im sure most of these little problems will be fix soon with an update from Nintendo. There Probably waiting for the system to be release world wide first.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#28 Vaslious

Vaslious

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Currently on my second Wii U. My first was doa out of the box (stuck at wii u start screen prior to initial sync). The second i've had for 4 days. On the 4th day, either the controllers charge cable went bad or the controller will not chage from the top or the docking station. This should not be statistcally probable for Nintendo's QA and production to suck so bad.

#29 BrokenDreams77

BrokenDreams77

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:37 AM

I've seemed to have no problems with my console at all so far, my problems have been with the gamepad freezing.

The first gamepad I had was very unusable, I could select maybe an option or 2 and then it would freeze up, I would have to power it off and wait 30+ seconds for it to work again, just turning it off and right back on would not unfreeze it, it needed at least 30 seconds or more for it to work again. I sent that one to Nintendo about 2 weeks ago and I just received a new gamepad yesterday and did all the updates and have still had freezes, though it takes longer to freeze up and if this one freezes i can turn it off and right back on to unfreeze it, but it's all good because I can finally play games!

Though the only game I have played so far is Mario U, I attempted Zombii U but think I will be getting a Pro Controller before I play that.

Edited by BrokenDreams77, 04 December 2012 - 07:38 AM.

#30 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:06 AM

Only had one freeze from launch (UK 30th). I'd just finished a WiiU Chat and started Zombi U. Got to the title screen and the sound froze along with the game. Had to unplug the power and it booted up fine and has ran fine since so I'm guessing it's software. It's early days so if it is software, Nintendo will iron them out eventually.

#31 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

I've not had a single problem with my Wii U. It updated everything fine, everything synced up without an issue, hasn't frozen in the history of forever.

So yeah, nothing's wrong with mine. :L

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#32 gazza255

gazza255

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

i have a wii u 32gb version,got it for my son for christmas,opend it up christmas day and installed the big update everything went well and all played ok,went to turn it on yesterday and it just freezes when its about to load the main menu and makes a constant buzzing noise so i have to unplug the power,phoned nintendo and asked if it could be repaired free of charge and they said i need a recipt to get it repaired for free even though its obviously still under warranty,so now im left with a wii u paper weight and a unhappy son :-( supose ill have to pay whatever there going to charge me for it to be repaired witch in my eyes is well out of order,its there messup with this console so they should repair it free of charge :-)

#33 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

i have a wii u 32gb version,got it for my son for christmas,opend it up christmas day and installed the big update everything went well and all played ok,went to turn it on yesterday and it just freezes when its about to load the main menu and makes a constant buzzing noise so i have to unplug the power,phoned nintendo and asked if it could be repaired free of charge and they said i need a recipt to get it repaired for free even though its obviously still under warranty,so now im left with a wii u paper weight and a unhappy son :-( supose ill have to pay whatever there going to charge me for it to be repaired witch in my eyes is well out of order,its there messup with this console so they should repair it free of charge :-)

It's hardly a paper weight. The freezing is a known issue and happens to a lot of people. The only way at present to fix it is to power cycle the console. It's not likely something Nintendo can fix and probably requires an update to the OS. Besides I'm not sure why you're so upset at Nintendo. If you bought it you should have the receipt. If you don't have the receipt then in all fairness its your own fault. That said considering the console is definitely less then a year old Nintendo should fix it without the receipt. At the end of the day as I said its not something likely to be fixed by sending it back as its most likely an OS issue.

#34 gazza255

gazza255

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 03:22 AM

It's hardly a paper weight. The freezing is a known issue and happens to a lot of people. The only way at present to fix it is to power cycle the console. It's not likely something Nintendo can fix and probably requires an update to the OS. Besides I'm not sure why you're so upset at Nintendo. If you bought it you should have the receipt. If you don't have the receipt then in all fairness its your own fault. That said considering the console is definitely less then a year old Nintendo should fix it without the receipt. At the end of the day as I said its not something likely to be fixed by sending it back as its most likely an OS issue.

how isnt it a paper weight?the console is useless!i cant even get on to the main menu to try updatein or try anything else.other people are having problems with games freezein not problems were the wii u dosnt even boot to the main menu,and you say a power cycle fixes the freezin?not in my case.do microsoft ask for a recipt if your console gets ring of death,no they ask for the serial number to check that its under warranty like nintendo should do.maybe nintendo should of sat down and played the wii u for a couple days before they rushed it on to the shelfs aye

#35 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

problems, none really, issues, yes, thats stuff like slow load times, which are probly caused by the need to get online,

#36 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:16 AM

how isnt it a paper weight?the console is useless!i cant even get on to the main menu to try updatein or try anything else.other people are having problems with games freezein not problems were the wii u dosnt even boot to the main menu,and you say a power cycle fixes the freezin?not in my case.do microsoft ask for a recipt if your console gets ring of death,no they ask for the serial number to check that its under warranty like nintendo should do.maybe nintendo should of sat down and played the wii u for a couple days before they rushed it on to the shelfs aye

First of all you never mentioned that it you unplugged the power and plugged it back in and it still didn't work. Therefore I was going under the assumption you hadn't tried that. Secondly if you actually read my post all the way through I did mention Nintendo shouldn't require the receipt as they should be able to use the serial number. Thirdly you should have kept the receipt incase there was a problem. If you lost it or threw it away them its partly your fault too.

#37 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:00 AM

My internet works fine on the wii u but when i try logg into miiverse it says i have no internet connection

#38 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

anyone experience issues trying to make a new user? i clicked the new user icon last night and it sat on the white screen until i unplugged it twenty minutes later.
NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#39 gazza255

gazza255

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

ahhh i win,i hope nintendo like there knackered wii u console when it gets back to them,there customer service is rubbish.

#40 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

My console were hasin' problems staying in an online game of trine 2, and watching 720p youtube.
It was my modem, a hard reboot and fresh connection in the wii u seems to have fixed it.

Might be worth trying if you have similar problems with connection drops.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!