Spear Guy

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dragonball/Z/GT, CBB, FMA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

By John Kinsley

ON November 18th, 2012 In Video

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 is a Wii U launch title and is available now for Nintendo’s new console. The guys over at Ninten2TV did a quick comparison between the Wii U and the Xbox 360, PS3 and PC versions of the game. And as expected, the games look nearly identical. Besides some color and contrast improvements on the Wii U, there doesn’t seem to be much of a difference. Call of Duty titles are known for delivering a very consistent look and experience across all systems, so it’s of no surprise that the versions look the same. Of course, the video doesn’t take into account that the Wii U has a GamePad controller with an additional screen that the console needs to render and support.

http://www.youtube.c...v=bZO33bCFwks#!

"Of course, the video doesn’t take into account that the Wii U has a GamePad controller with an additional screen that the console needs to render and support"

What would happen if I were to use a pro controller instead of the gamepad would the resolution go up?
I hope someone can answer this question because it has been bothering me for awhile now.

Edited by PRP777, 19 November 2012 - 01:50 AM.

#2 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:19 AM

The Wii U version looks the best, but only slightly better. I really don't understand how people in the comments say PS3 looks better.
No sig.

#3 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:24 AM

The Wii U version looks the best, but only slightly better. I really don't understand how people in the comments say PS3 looks better.

I have to disagree, the Wii U version looks the worst to me. The others have richer lighting, but the Wi U's textures look kinda, Plastic-like? Lol
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#4 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 AM

Curious though they have 360/ps3/pc in one picture since the pc looks better than the 360 version and out of all the versions including the wiiu version the ps3 looks worst so its not a great comparison if I will be honest.

#5 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

I say texture, model, and lighting wise, they are equal, but the WiiU version is running in 720p, and the PS360 is running it at 640p. The pc version still looks the best with 1080p and DX 11

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#6 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

I say texture, model, and lighting wise, they are equal, but the WiiU version is running in 720p, and the PS360 is running it at 640p. The pc version still looks the best with 1080p and DX 11

Curious though even if this video doesn't show it the wiiu version has different models for somethings I can't say if they have more polygons but they look nicer to me and the textures are a bit more clear and detailed which can be shown in that video.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:04 AM

Curious though even if this video doesn't show it the wiiu version has different models for somethings I can't say if they have more polygons but they look nicer to me and the textures are a bit more clear and detailed which can be shown in that video.

Textures are probably the same. What you are likely seeing is detail you couldnt see because of the lower rendering resolution of the ps360 version.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:32 AM

I can honestly say I think the Wii U version is better, wow this might be the first cod I play since the original Modern Warfare.

#9 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

I have to disagree, the Wii U version looks the worst to me. The others have richer lighting, but the Wi U's textures look kinda, Plastic-like? Lol

Thats how the ps3 verison looks. Like its fake or something. Plastic look.
I dont have the wii u ver. But have seen video and it looks the same as the ps3 ver. I have. I will say tho thay the wii u.ver is suppose to be 1080 upscale while the ps3 is 720 stright. So maybe thats why some see the wii u ver as less.
Either way its a launch title that is on par with an end of life game from x360 and ps3.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#10 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

For that slight difference either way in which looks better, I don't see how you'd opt for the PS3 version over being able to play it on the gamepad off the tv, unless you're already established with a group of players online with Sony. I personally don't play COD online so I opted to get it on the Wii U and don't regret my decision at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!