• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 AM

I was the first to critisize yesterday and I realised how wrong I was, there was a thread on here earlier and it turns out nothing is confirmed yet and all the websites that did the teardown could have been talking out of thier asses, plus from what I heard when you register for Club Nintendo there is a message that says Nintendo is aware of the Wii U's Slow OS and they are working for an update to fix it, it also says the same thing in the support forums, and you can't really critisize that, all consoles launch with problems, if I understand corectly the 360's launch and PS3's launch was a lot worse.

That's good they are already openly acknowledging it. I still don't expect the PS4 Xbox720 to be all powerful. I just hope the gap isn't that big. Depends on what's in the GPU.

#22 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda, mario, radical dreamers, metroid,

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

Some people I think are, but most aren't.

From what I've seen since launch (haven't seen GPU yet) all the specs are on par with generation 7 consoles. I know everyone here likes to defend Nintendo, but this is insane. It is selling at a loss for $300 and isn't that much better than last gen. You can argue new experiences all you want, but graphics really do matter.

If the Wii U isn't even in the same ballpark as the PS4 and Nextbox then we will see another Wii situation, which is what I am starting to see so far. The Wii sold extremely well for a long time, but then the novelty of motion controls went away. Nintendo first parties are awesome, but I can't use a system as my main if it relies on just first party titles. Look at the last couple years of the Wii, you sure got good games, but they were months apart!

I am really starting to worry about Nintendo's new system.

Then don't buy it... you're worrying for nothing.

#23 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:13 AM

No, Tricky actually makes sense. You're complaining about a slow OS, and how the sky is falling, and the Wii U being overly praised, and yadda, yadda, yadda. A lot of nonsensical jargon. Just return it if you are so dissatisfied.

From the posts I've seen from him were legitimate criticisms. Your posts just seem like blind Nintendo fanboyism instead of intelligent counterpoints.

#24 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

Everyone just please check this out then have a good think about it http://thewiiu.com/t...s-very-telling/

#25 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

From the posts I've seen from him were legitimate criticisms. Your posts just seem like blind Nintendo fanboyism instead of intelligent counterpoints.

Lol, okay that's a cute word 'fanboyism'... right.

Anyway, here's my logic: if I have an issue with a product I simply don't buy it lol. I don't cry and whine over things that haven't been confirmed. That's not 'fanboyism' sweetie that's called inductive logic. Read up on it when you get some time lol.

Edited by Rubix87, 19 November 2012 - 06:25 AM.

#26 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:20 AM

Everyone just please check this out then have a good think about it http://thewiiu.com/t...s-very-telling/

Yeah, it might be a week or so before we get to know exactly what's in it. I still plan on getting the Wii U. It's just I'm alway's worrying :P

#27 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:21 AM

Let's not take his opinion as fact, UnchainedGoku. There are so many things I could say if I took my opinion as fact.

#28 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Yeah, it might be a week or so before we get to know exactly what's in it. I still plan on getting the Wii U. It's just I'm alway's worrying :P

Yeah I know the feeling.

Let's not take his opinion as fact, UnchainedGoku. There are so many things I could say if I took my opinion as fact.

Dude, just calm down, it seems like this guy might know what he's on about, who am I to question him, it looks like he knows a lot more about the system than I do, your taking the opinions of those websites yesterday too much.

#29 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I'm a computer expert, UnchainedGoku. And I believe those websites over a guy who is posting because he's angry with me.

Edited by PotatoHog, 19 November 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#30 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:33 AM

I suppose the best question I would like an answer to is, will this last 5 years? This is the typical Nintendo console lifespan, and we know Microsoft and Sony are going to take the 10 year lifetime route next gen. So if it can keep up with these two consoles for 5 years then I think everything will be generally fine. Then when Nintendo releases a console in say... 2017 or 2018 it would be the most powerful on the market again.

This is another thing I like about Nintendo, I don't think console's should last 8-10 years. The hardware begins to really hold the games back compared to their PC counterparts. Not just graphically, but Skyrim for example has instant loading on the PC while you could wait a good amount on console versions.

#31 Triple Digit

Triple Digit

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

well i am keeping mine. Zombie U is amazing , NSMBU is fun as hell, so... while others surf the net over and over just to find the correct specs - i ll be playing :)

#32 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

I'm a computer expert, UnchainedGoku. And I believe those websites over a guy who is posting because he's angry with me.

Fair enough dude, let's just sit back, chill, wait for Nintendo to fix the problems, which from what I heard they are working on now, and wait untill th specs are officially confirmed, then the flame wars can begin, no point arguing if no-one knows completly 100%.

#33 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

well i am keeping mine. Zombie U is amazing , NSMBU is fun as hell, so... while others surf the net over and over just to find the correct specs - i ll be playing :)

Lucky Mcguffin

#34 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 AM

Goose - it doesn't really matter to me because the best games get released at the end of the console's lifecycle anyway. Like The Last Story, Skyward Sword, and supposedly Xenoblade.

#35 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

I'm going to say this in my most Californian accent *ahem* "Dude! You're AWESOME!" Lol

#36 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

Rubix - my advice to you is to buy the system before you try to have an objective opinion of it. I was overhyped before I bought the system. I not only bought it, I waited in line 3 hours and have traded off my two favorite games to afford it.

I hope you have no problems with your Wii U, because it will look silly if you get on here and complain after giving the people who complain a hard time.

#37 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:01 AM

PotatoHog- I have three Wii U's in my house dear. All of them work and I don't buy into hype. I've been playing Nintendo games for 26 years. I'm 31 and have no qualms about it. This tech jargon is taking the joy away from gaming, and my advice still stands: if you are so dissatisfied then return it. As such, I'm done commenting on this overblown matter. Have a good day, and all the best to you.

#38 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:07 AM

Fair enough Rubix. I just don't see why we should take things back unless they're defective. It's bad for the market.

#39 Rubix87

Rubix87

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 AM

I agree with you on that, but don't keep something if you are truly unhappy with it. Take it back and get something you truly enjoy. If I was harsh I apologize. I have a natural sarcastic disposition (it's part of my charm lol), but I wouldn't keep something that doesn't make me happy.

#40 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:34 AM

It's time I said something good about the Wii U. It's better than my PS Vita which I paid full cost for. If I need money, I'll get rid of my web browe... Vita.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!