• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#41 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

I think when more games and information about the Wii U are revealed the site will pick up speed. Then about a month to about a few days to the launch of the Wii U the site will be moving crazy fast in activity and posts.

Edited by Firejonie, 11 July 2011 - 08:44 AM.

#42 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:13 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#43 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

I hate IGN. But I love Wii U. (add forums to each)
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#44 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

Tsk... Tsk... This thread was started by me and I thought it was dead :/ guess not, anyway, I completely agree with NinjaShock- The 3DS Forum disappointed me, I was looking around to see what people thought about the 3DS and Nintendo's E3 when I saw people saying it sucked and that "There was nothing not surprising in the Sony E3 Conference, while Nintendo's sucked rant rant rant" While I do like Sony and Nintendo, I don't see what the point is in joining a Nintendo related Forum when you don't even like Nintendo. What was more surprising though, is that some (Notice I said some) Admins in the 3DS Forums are too afraid to ban people and serve justice, let alone being afraid to even tell the Fanboys they are breaking the rules.

Now, this place, is much, much better than 3DS Forums. Heck, I haven't seen a troll on these Forums ever since I joined! It's freaking great! Keep it up Feld0, you are doing great!

Gee, it would be great if I became an admin one of these days, but I guess you really have to earn that title and follow the rules, I guess it's not something you can request and not show you have the potential to do it.

Edited by Blade, 12 July 2011 - 11:42 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

Tsk... Tsk... This thread was started by me and I thought it was dead :/ guess not, anyway, I completely agree with NinjaShock- The 3DS Forum disappointed me, I was looking around to see what people thought about the 3DS and Nintendo's E3 when I saw people saying it sucked and that "There was nothing not surprising in the Sony E3 Conference, while Nintendo's sucked rant rant rant" While I do like Sony and Nintendo, I don't see what the point is in joining a Nintendo related Forum when you don't even like Nintendo. What was more surprising though, is that some (Notice I said some) Admins in the 3DS Forums are too afraid to ban people and serve justice, let alone being afraid to even tell the Fanboys they are breaking the rules.

Now, this place, is much, much better than 3DS Forums. Heck, I haven't seen a troll on these Forums ever since I joined! It's freaking great! Keep it up Feld0, you are doing great!

Gee, it would be great if I became an admin one of these days, but I guess you really have to earn that title and follow the rules, I guess it's not something you can request and not show you have the potential to do it.

I'm really happy that you're enjoying it here so far, Blade, especially considering that you started this thread, heh.

I'm actually right on the verge of introducing a formal "no bashing Nintendo" rule here, to help ensure that we don't start seeing people bashing the crap out of Ninty when that's what we're all about as a community. I'm usually quite strict with enforcing the rules around here whenever someone breaks them. The reason you haven't seen any trolls is because I'm quick to crack down and hit 'em over the head with the banhammer. ;) We've actually already had a few. But if you do see another troll anywhere, please don't hesitate to report him or her.

As for adminship...don't count on ever becoming one, no matter how good a forum citizen you are. The only time we might get a new admin is if I was to quit my role as the owner and manager of this community - and you can rest assured that's not gonna be happening for the foreseeable future. :) In all honesty, if you want to be a forum admin really badly, you're free to start your own community to see what it's like. But be warned that maintaining a forum well is really hard work that requires an awful lot of dedication.

However, if you're an active member and an outstanding forum citizen, you may be invited to become a super moderator, which is the next highest position to administrator.

#46 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#47 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:04 AM

Btw there's no chance in hell he'd let one of us be an Administrator (that's Feld0's current rank), but a few of us might get to be mods if we show consistently good behaviour over a long period of time. Personally I hope I never have to be a mod, it's no fun at all.

Don't worry, no one would have to be a mod. It's a big responsibility and commitment, so any future moderators would be able to decline the offer.

#48 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:17 AM

Don't worry, no one would have to be a mod. It's a big responsibility and commitment, so any future moderators would be able to decline the offer.

Uh yeah I didn't mean that people were going to be forced to do it.... I was uh.... Testing you.... That's right...

Seriously though I was meaning it in a hypothetical way, like if I was ever a mod I'd hate it.

#49 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:03 AM

Activity has been slipping downwards recently, and I've noticed people still make threads about the Wii U on 3ds forums instead of using this forum which was the initial plan.
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#50 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

Feld0, you know Google Analytics? It isn't showing me anything. Just 0. Can you give me a screenie?
Posted Image

#51 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Spoiler

Wait wait.... I think I used the wrong word... I was looking for the word moderator agh! So stupid of me... But yeah, must be really hard keeping a community and getting rid of the trolls here also, do introduce that No Bashing Nintendo rule, because when the Wii U is released, some die hard Sony fanboys are going to try to troll, it's bound to happen.

Edited by Blade, 13 July 2011 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

#52 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#53 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Feld0, you know Google Analytics? It isn't showing me anything. Just 0. Can you give me a screenie?

Impatiently waiting.
Posted Image

#54 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

I think it should be a no bashing gaming companies rule instead. The only thing sadder than a Nintendo community full of people bashing Nintendo is a Nintendo community full of Nintendo fanboys bashing everyone else. Personally I hate fanboys of all companies, and I treasure my ability to think objectively :D

Rule amended. I totally agree.

Impatiently waiting.

Oops, sorry for missing your post. Only David and I have access to the data that Google Analytics collects about this site. Here's a screenshot of the world map page:
Analytics.png
By the way, before you creep out, I assure you that most websites on the Internet collect similar information. You can go look for the Google Analytics tracking code in their HTML source if you don't believe me.

#55 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Rule amended. I totally agree.

Oops, sorry for missing your post. Only David and I have access to the data that Google Analytics collects about this site. Here's a screenshot of the world map page:
Analytics.png
By the way, before you creep out, I assure you that most websites on the Internet collect similar information. You can go look for the Google Analytics tracking code in their HTML source if you don't believe me.

Good to know where most people are from. That's why the forums are more quiet in the night (US time)

#56 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

By the way, before you creep out, I assure you that most websites on the Internet collect similar information. You can go look for the Google Analytics tracking code in their HTML source if you don't believe me.[/color]

Is that why sometimes when I look at the number of members looking at a thread it sometimes says Google?

Edited by Blade, 16 July 2011 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

#57 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

Good to know where most people are from. That's why the forums are more quiet in the night (US time)

I really hope we can attract more people from regions other than the US, too. Ideally, the forums would be nice and active 24/7. Heck, for that matter, your admin isn't even in the US (though I do share the Pacific timezone with some of you). :P

Is that why sometimes when I look at the number of members looking at a thread it sometimes says Google?

No, that's Googlebot, the crawler that indexes the forums and gets them into Google Search. Analytics is entirely separate from that, and is a little client-side script that runs on your computer and sends some data about you and what you're doing every time you click a link to anywhere. FYI, the data Analytics collects cannot be traced back to an individual. I only use it for statistical purposes.

#58 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 06:33 AM

I know sometimes I can be demanding, but can I know what time and day most people are on here? I would like to be here when most people are here.
Posted Image

#59 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:32 PM

I know sometimes I can be demanding, but can I know what time and day most people are on here? I would like to be here when most people are here.

Seems to be around 11 AM Central Time, according to the server's logs. Here's a graph:
Activity.png
The activity isn't actually nearly as low and/or inconsistent as some of you are making it out to be.

#60 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

What do the colorful bars mean?

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 17 July 2011 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!