IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

This one:

Not meaning to be rude, but I can never go back to Vbulletin after using IP boards. Plus, at least this was never hacked.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#22 Bunny

Bunny

20% Cooler

• Members
  • 98 posts
  • NNID:Skybunny

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:12 PM

I like it like this. This is how the 3DSForums started out. Nice and quiet. You get pretty close with many users. :D

Not meaning to be rude, but I can never go back to Vbulletin after using IP boards. Plus, at least this was never hacked.

I don't know if that's some sort of reference to the 3DSForums, but IP boards can be hacked just as easily.

Edited by Kurtiss, 03 July 2011 - 03:14 PM.

#23 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Oh, really? Wow, well thanks for telling me! Knowing this I can't make a fool out myself anymore >: D
xD nah, seriosuly, thanks.

Ugh, I know right, seriouly, I was thinking, well it can't be THAT bad, but boy was I wrong, first five minutes there and I was kind
of disappointed at how many trolls there were.
After I saw This
I left the forums. Hahaha xD

I will do whatever I can to ensure you never see any of that around here, but if by some chance you do see someone trolling, please report them immediately. :D

They currently have 73 members, although, they are all proper members; None of them are spammers. Since David became an admin here, there haven't been any Wii U Forums that have threatened to become bigger than this place.

I decided to go through the spam queue and delete every single spammer account on here. We've still got 623 legitimate members left at the time of this post. Yeah, this place isn't going anywhere. :D

I'm sure that this will remain the biggest forum around. Since there are good members here, and people from the 3dsforums.com are coming here, it will remain the biggest Wii U forum around.

Bet on it!

*bets ten Internet dollars on it*

Glad you're enjoying it here so far, Brian. I do whatever I can to ensure this place doesn't only remain the biggest Wii U forum, but also the best.

IP.Board's amazing, right? I feel the same way.

Btw, it's IP.Board, not IP.Boards. B)

I like it like this. This is how the 3DSForums started out. Nice and quiet. You get pretty close with many users. :D

I don't know if that's some sort of reference to the 3DSForums, but IP boards can be hacked just as easily.

This place might not be so quiet anymore in the future, but I'm hoping it'll still be nice. B)

I agree that any software could potentially be hacked. But vBulletin has a very long history of being hacked, while I've actually never heard of a hacked IP.Board forum. One explanation may be that IP.Board is much less popular than vBulletin, so hackers don't spend as much time trying to find a way into it. If IP.Board ever gets more popular, I'm sure we'll start hearing about incidents of people hacking into it, but I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. Both my host and I make backups of the database regularly, so I can fix things if we ever do get hacked.

#24 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

*bets ten Internet dollars on it*

I'm glad to have such active moderators and admin (hint hint) here. Not all of forums start out like this to be honest.

Why did you only bet 10 internet dollars? Bet a million internet dollars, oh wait. I've got an idea. We need an augmented reality card that displays internet dollars. So we can actually use it. @The Big-N: I just gave you a new idea for something to do with AR cards. Nintendo, do eet!

#25 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

But never has an IP Board I've frequented been hacked, and I was on one since back in 2007.
Also, yes it was a jab at the 3dsforums

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#26 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

It's definitely not as buzzing as it used to be but it's still more active now than it was before David.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#27 GwJumpman

GwJumpman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Team Fortress 2

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:16 PM

I feel like I'm the only one that prefers vB over IP...

Oh well, I'm starting to get used to it.

Nah

#28 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

I'm actually kinda glad that the forum died down quite a bit. It was a bit overwhelming during the post spike >.<

Anyway, long live Wii 2U Forums!

I will do whatever I can to ensure you never see any of that around here, but if by some chance you do see someone trolling, please report them immediately. :D

But I can still have my fun with them until they're banned... Right? Right???
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#29 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

I'm actually kinda glad that the forum died down quite a bit. It was a bit overwhelming during the post spike >.<

Anyway, long live Wii 2U Forums!

I think you can as long as you don't go overboard. (Heck, even I would have my fun with them until they're banned, but I wouldn't overdo it...)

#30 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

I think you can as long as you don't go overboard. (Heck, even I would have my fun with them until they're banned, but I wouldn't overdo it...)

I never said anything about overdoing it...

...Mostly because I'm not sure what constitutes as overboard. So long as I don't start breaking the rules (i.e. swearing, flaming, ect.) I should be fine, right? :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#31 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

I don't know if that's sarcastic or serious, but I'll answer it as if it was serious.

I'm usually an advocate for a "no feeding the trolls - feed them to the moderation instead" policy, due to the great potential for a flame war, swearing, or something of the sort to break out. But I've considered modifying that policy somewhat to allow you to have your fun with the troll until he/she gets banned - as long as you continue to abide by all board rules while you lead the troll around by their nose. Rule 4 would be very easy to break, which could quickly land you in the same hot water as the troll in question.

It's generally safer to stick to the current policy, but even I will admit that I can enjoy the occasional troll torture. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

#32 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:17 AM

I don't know if that's sarcastic or serious, but I'll answer it as if it was serious.

I'm usually an advocate for a "no feeding the trolls - feed them to the moderation instead" policy, due to the great potential for a flame war, swearing, or something of the sort to break out. But I've considered modifying that policy somewhat to allow you to have your fun with the troll until he/she gets banned - as long as you continue to abide by all board rules while you lead the troll around by their nose. Rule 4 would be very easy to break, which could quickly land you in the same hot water as the troll in question.

It's generally safer to stick to the current policy, but even I will admit that I can enjoy the occasional troll torture. I'd like to hear some thoughts on this.

Your rule is... safe and probably better suited now that we have a lot more members. Back in the day and with fewer members I personally would have been ok with people feeding trolls because it could be easily moderated and such.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#33 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

Not a problem for me, as I don't even break rule 4 in real life! (Aside from the occasional crude joke :D)

Anyway, feeding trolls isn't the same as leading them along with food; Though I worry that some people might try to actually feed trolls because they see other people playing with them... But I guess that would happen either way?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#34 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Not a problem for me, as I don't even break rule 4 in real life! (Aside from the occasional crude joke :D)

Anyway, feeding trolls isn't the same as leading them along with food; Though I worry that some people might try to actually feed trolls because they see other people playing with them... But I guess that would happen either way?

I think everything will just be easier for all of us if we don't change the policy. This forum is bound to grow larger in the future, and it's already enough of a job to moderate it as it is. Trollture, as amusing as it would be, will put an unnecessary strain on the moderation team. There is just so much that could potentially go wrong with allowing this to be done, it's probably better not to try it to begin with.

If you want to do any feeding, remember...
Posted Image :D

#35 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

About 60% of this forum's users are from North America, so it also gets a bit quieter through the North American night.

How do you know that?
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#36 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

How do you know that?

He's the administrator, I'm sure he has records on where everyone is from.

#37 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 10:24 PM.

#38 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

How do you know that?

Google Analytics.

Pfft, you punks complaining about the activity levels....
You should see the PS Vita forums, now THEY are definitely in trouble.

One thing for the guy who runs this site to think about though: Remember to hire new mods. After the Wii U comes out this place is going to explode with activity, and you have to be ready to deal with all the trolls that will become attracted these forums by the promise of easily offended Nintendo fans. It would suck if TheWiiU.com ended up like the Nintendo 3DS forums.

I'd appreciate if you addressed me by name. :D

I've expressed it several times that I am always on the lookout for people who I can see being good moderators. There is no way to apply for modship, but I will invite someone from my list of candidates as soon as I see that a new moderator is necessary. This place isn't going to end up like Nintendo 3DS Forums, don't worry.

But you can do your part to help by reporting any posts or members that you think are even in the "gray zone" - and don't worry, all reports are confidential.

#39 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:57 PM

Google Analytics.

I'd appreciate if you addressed me by name. B)

I've expressed it several times that I am always on the lookout for people who I can see being good moderators. There is no way to apply for modship, but I will invite someone from my list of candidates as soon as I see that a new moderator is necessary. This place isn't going to end up like Nintendo 3DS Forums, don't worry.

But you can do your part to help by reporting any posts or members that you think are even in the "gray zone" - and don't worry, all reports are confidential.

Well I don't know your name, do I? I'll call you by your username if you want me to, though :D

It's good to see that you understand how this stuff works, and you seem to be an active member of the forums too which will definitely help you stay in touch with the community.

And yeah, if I see someone trolling or breaking the rules I'll report them. So, are we all done? Yes? Ok then, I'll see you around. *shakes hands with Feld0*

#40 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:31 AM

It would suck if TheWiiU.com ended up like the Nintendo 3DS forums.

If you're talking about 3dsforums.com, I think it's a fine place. The only forum I hate is ign.com. They have way too many mean people. Especially the guy with Reggie. I hate him.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!