Photo

A Definitive list of online Wii U titles? Miiverse chat = Nintendo Network logo?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:33 PM

Is there a definitive list of online Wii U titles? I was a quite disappointed to see the Nintendo Network logo on Nintendo Land game box, yet it has no online gameplay that I am aware of. I certainly hope that Nintendo doesn't consider the Miiverse an "online feature" worthy enough to stamp that NN logo on the cover for individul games? I think a Miiverse logo would be much better suited for such instances to diffuse confusion amongst consumers looking to make an in-store purchase decision.

Edit: "(Miiverse chat = Nintendo Network logo?)" added to thread title.

Edited by Inland, 22 November 2012 - 06:55 PM.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

the nintendo newtwork logo is for miiverse, sorry :/

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

the nintendo newtwork logo is for miiverse, sorry :/

Really? I could have sworn my 3DS copy of Kid Icarus has the Nintendo Network logo and has nothing to do with the Miiverse that I'm aware of. :mellow:

So is there a list of games with online play out there?

Edited by Inland, 22 November 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Really? I could have sworn my 3DS copy of Kid Icarus has the Nintendo Network logo and has nothing to do with the Miiverse that I'm aware of. :mellow:

So is there a list of games with online play out there?

no, nintendo land only has miiverse, the logo isnt just for miiverse. the logo means it has some form of internet connectivity, miiverse is included in this

Edited by SPG, 22 November 2012 - 06:06 PM.

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 MMG

MMG

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    James Bond + Mario

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

007 LEGENDS!
It takes a young one to find their inner destiny. It takes a wise one to use their inner destiny.

Posted Image

#6 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

no, nintendo land only has miiverse, the logo isnt just for miiverse. the logo means it has some form of internet connectivity, miiverse is included in this

Ouch, doesn't...everything... on Wii U have Miiverse? I mean, it's just a psuedo online Wii U forum in the form of 3DS Swap Note. Not a game feature at all, at least not any more than my posting on this forum right now is a dedicated game feature. Heck, the Miiverse icon is located less than 1" away from the internet icon that can bring me right here.

I can see why I was confused, Nintendo needs to drop the NN logo from titles that only feature "Miiverse" for online play or at least give a disclaimer. At this rate every title will have the NN logo, online game or not.

Edited by Inland, 22 November 2012 - 06:25 PM.

#7 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Ouch, doesn't...everything... on Wii U have Miiverse? I mean, it's just a psuedo online Wii U forum in the form of 3DS Swap Note?

no, it only has miiverse if the developers make it, and its specifically set up towards miiverse where it will have notifications come up about it, i dont think most do that

wa3Nq7j.png

#8 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

no, it only has miiverse if the developers make it, and its specifically set up towards miiverse where it will have notifications come up about it, i dont think most do that

I guess I just don't get it. How is Miiverse an online thing that involves developers anymore than notifications on everything else? So if a developer pays nintendo an extra "X ammount" in licensing fees they get the NN logo on the box-art and a miiverse forum tab even if the game is 100% offline?

This seems like a bad marketeting problem more than anything. When I see a Nintendo game with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Network logo, I assumed it had online gameplay (which it always did). The Miiverse truly is an all encompassing Wii U console message board feature, not that much relevant to individual software enough to boast on a box.

If miiverse is included, the NN logo means nothing. If the NN logo means nothing, how will we know what games can be played online? Are we supposed to see the NN logo on a Wii U game at a store, drive home and research the game online to see if it can be played online, and then drive back to the store to buy it? Really defeats the point of the NN logo if you ask me.
This guessing game simply can't fly over well with both the casual and hardcore market consumers that haven't done *serious homework* for any title in question before purchase once seeing it on store shelves.

Customer: "The box says NN, is it online?"
Store Clerk: "We don't know, buy the game and then ask the Miiverse"

Edited by Inland, 22 November 2012 - 07:43 PM.

#9 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

I guess I just don't get it. How is Miiverse an online thing that involves developers anymore than notifications on everything else? So if a developer pays nintendo an extra "X ammount" in licensing fees they get the NN logo on the box-art and a miiverse forum tab even if the game is 100% offline?

This seems like a bad marketeting problem more than anything. When I see a Nintendo game with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Network logo, I assumed it had online gameplay (which it always did). The Miiverse truly is an all encompassing Wii U console message board feature, not that much relevant to individual software enough to boast on a box.

If miiverse is included, the NN logo means nothing. If the NN logo means nothing, how will we know what games can be played online? Are we supposed to see the NN logo on a Wii U game at a store, drive home and research the game online to see if it can be played online, and then drive back to the store to buy it? Really defeats the point of the NN logo if you ask me.
This guessing game simply can't fly over well with both the casual and hardcore market consumers that haven't done *serious homework* for any title in question before purchase once seeing it on store shelves.

Customer: "The box says NN, is it online?"
Store Clerk: "We don't know, buy the game and then ask the Miiverse"

just look at the back of the box...... it tells you what it has online means it connects to the internet, thats exactly what miiverse does, for example, new super mario bros u uses miiverse and it has dlc, both listed on the back, its not hard to flip a case over before buying it

wa3Nq7j.png

#10 Inland

Inland

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

just look at the back of the box...... it tells you what it has online means it connects to the internet, thats exactly what miiverse does, for example, new super mario bros u uses miiverse and it has dlc, both listed on the back, its not hard to flip a case over before buying it

It's not that hard to flip a game over at a casual gamestore, but it is hard if you don't live in a major city and are forced to shop at a major retailer like Walmart where it takes one at least 20 minutes to track down an employee to unlock the glass case. I didn't even realize the back of the games said anything. So once again, NN logo on the front is useless and deceptive.

NN logo means nothing besides check the back of the box to see if the NN logo on the front means anything besides Miiverse? Still seems like terrible marketing at it's best. Why not have an online logo for the front?
Once again, Seems terribly simple for Nintendo to use either the Miiverse logo or NN logo.

Edited by Inland, 22 November 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:28 AM

MiiVerse is awesome, end of.

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

The Nintendo Network logo is just a more attractive version of the Wi-fi logo.

Signature_DK.png

#13 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:35 AM

The Nintendo Network symbol on 3DS and Wii U boxes signals that the game supports Miiverse ( on Wii U), Downloadable Content, Leader boards, Online play, or other online features. While I can't remember all of these games, here are a few games that support actual online play. Some of these games may not have online play ( I searched quickly on Google), but I'm pretty sure most of them have online play. Not all of the games in the list are currently released.

Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed
Call of Duty Black Ops 2
Mass Effect 3
Assassins Creed 3
007 Legends
FIFA 13
Madden NFL 13
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Injustice: Gods Among Us
NBA 2K13
Scribblenauts Unlimited ( does sharing created items count?)
The new Smash Bros. game ( Brawl had online play, so this one will probably have online too.)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2

#14 Spleenzorio

Spleenzorio

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:49 AM

In Nintendo Land, people's Miis appear in your theme park and you can read comments they post. That's about all the connectivity. There's no online play or anything.

Pretty much the Miiverse is a given, every single thing on Wii U has it.
Posted Image

Nintendo ID: Spleenzorio

#15 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:52 AM

If it's JUST Miiverse through the app, then it won't have it. However, Miiverse functionality IN game as seen in NSMBU would display the icon as the game activitly uses the internet or the "Nintendo Network". Nintendo Land uses the network to import other miis into the plaza or whatever it's called, this displaying the logo.
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!