#41 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

I don't own any DS games, just three 3DS games. NSMB2, MK7, and OOT. So I don't know much about DS... By the way, why is Wii U copying the DS? They both have two screens...

Posted Image

Edited by Sir Scraggy, 23 November 2012 - 11:24 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#42 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

I didn't say I was surprised you're not a fan, just that you haven't heard of it. It seems like a popular game to either love or hate. :P

There's one video game EVERY ONE knows... Super mario bros!

Posted Image

Seriously... where do people find these things?!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#43 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

Ehh not too into Mario but I admit it's the most well known.

Edit: Wait, before I start freaking out over you not owning DS games... are you young enough that 3DS is your first handheld gen? @_@

Edited by Ixchel, 23 November 2012 - 11:29 AM.

Posted Image

#44 illogicology

illogicology

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

This is crazier than that time my nephew asked me what a GameBoy was.

#45 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

A little thing called google images.

794144.png?13383682

#46 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

A little thing called google images.

I see...

This is crazier than that time my nephew asked me what a GameBoy was.
It's called an opinion. They exist.

Ehh not too into Mario but I admit it's the most well known.

Edit: Wait, before I start freaking out over you not owning DS games... are you young enough that 3DS is your first handheld gen? @_@

https://encrypted-tb...JMQYscu3h7Aa_RC

sfOI1m6.jpg

#47 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Sir Scraggy, 23 November 2012 - 11:48 AM.

794144.png?13383682

#48 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario, LoZ, Pokemon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

Dis thread...

Posted Image

#49 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

https://encrypted-tb...JMQYscu3h7Aa_RC

You didn't answer lol.
Posted Image

#50 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

You didn't answer lol.

I implied it with the link...

Dis thread...

Posted Image

Not sure if serious...

Posted Image

I didn't do it!

sfOI1m6.jpg

#51 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:07 PM

But seriously, what's the big deal with newer generations not knowing of older gaming systems? Not all of us have been alive since the very beginning of games, you know. Don't act like you're above someone just because you have more gaming experience of all things. As tempting as that can be... >.>

ANYWAYS, I kind of agree with what the OP is saying. It seems like the GamePad is enforced in many games on the Wii U, and does seem redundant with specific ones. In NSMBU, the GamePad simply emulates what is on the big screen. It almost makes the use of your TV absolutely pointless when you can just play on the GamePad alone. This is why I would prefer to use the Wii U Controller Pro when gaming on this system. But! I've yet to even try out the GamePad for myself, so I can't say much other than what I assume at this point in time.

Edited by Manny T. Starr, 23 November 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#52 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

But seriously, what's the big deal with newer generations not knowing of older gaming systems? Not all of us have been alive since the very beginning of games, you know. Don't act like you're above someone just because you have more gaming experience of all things. As tempting as that can be... >.>

ANYWAYS, I kind of agree with what the OP is saying. It seems like the GamePad is enforced in many games on the Wii U, and does seem redundant with specific ones. In NSMBU, the GamePad simply emulates what is on the big screen. It almost makes the use of your TV absolutely pointless when you can just play on the GamePad alone. This is why I would prefer to use the Wii U Controller Pro when gaming on this system. But! I've yet to even try out the GamePad for myself, so I can't say much other than what I assume at this point in time.

Yeah I tried to be understanding about it all but they didn't feel like saying much besides a trollface. Dunno if it's a "umad I'm young, bro?" or a "umad I ignored the DS, bro?" Soooo...

And yeah, the redundant use of the gamepad is why I purchased a Pro controller. If you could simply turn off the screen I wouldn't have bothered. I don't need to waste electricity and drain the batterylife for a game like NSMBU :/
Posted Image

#53 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

why would you want the Wii U to only use the Wii mote? there would be no difference......

bb0.gif

#54 Manny T. Starr

Manny T. Starr

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

why would you want the Wii U to only use the Wii mote? there would be no difference......

Hm, well I wouldn't really say that. Heck, just look at Sony. They have literally used the same controller design since the late PS1 days, but their systems have changed significantly since. Though the gaming aspect remains the same, the overall system typically undergoes many changes. The Wii and Wii U are in no way similar in my eyes. Disregarding the control scheme, of course.

Edited by Manny T. Starr, 23 November 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#55 KingBoo

KingBoo

Walka

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • NNID:Kingofboos
  • Fandom:
    Mentos, bunnies, and anything Nintendo.

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

Hm, well I wouldn't really say that. Heck, just look at Sony. They have literally used the same controller design since the late PS1 days, but their systems have changed significantly since. Though the gaming aspect remains the same, the overall system typically undergoes many changes. The Wii and Wii U are in no way similar in my eyes. Disregarding the control scheme, of course.

true. and about Sony, thats why i am not that big on fan with the play stations. their controller is too small for me lol.

bb0.gif

#56 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:09 PM

Well thanks for at least sort of agreeing, I like your waluigi picture looks so realistic!

Yeah I tried to be understanding about it all but they didn't feel like saying much besides a trollface. Dunno if it's a "umad I'm young, bro?" or a "umad I ignored the DS, bro?" Soooo...

And yeah, the redundant use of the gamepad is why I purchased a Pro controller. If you could simply turn off the screen I wouldn't have bothered. I don't need to waste electricity and drain the batterylife for a game like NSMBU :/

In other words, I am younger than I appear.

I am not saying ONLY I am saying it to be an option to JUST use wii remote... but the Gamepad stays on when you do!

Nintendo is always the original one! :D

Sorry for late replies... tried to figure out this bloody system transfer for the last hour... this one video on youtube helped me a bunch! Now excuse me while I go delete the data on this SD card and put my 3DS data back on it...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#57 Dharmanator

Dharmanator

Thwomp

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

I have been gaming since 1976, so obviously I will have the ultimate opinion.

Game pad rules. That is all.

But seriously, in games kind ZombiU, the game pad does add to the game. I think it will also be cool in Arkham City, but I have not had time to play it 8). I have been gaming long enough to know NOT to buy a lot of games on launch. I couldn't help myself.

#58 rschauby

rschauby

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

I have owned almost every system since the Atari 2600. The Wii U is a quality system, and I believe the Gamepad is revolutionary, just like the Wiimotes before it. I like the variety and options games and developers have in how they choose to utilize the Gamepad. I really am not interested in playing "touch" games, and I think the launch titles really do a good job of showing how the controller and extra screen can be used. I am perfectly fine if some games want to ignore the second screen completely and just use it as a mirror. I think off-TV play is one of the absolute best features of this system, and I hope every game moves to support it in some capacity. I also think the 2nd screen will allow for some of the most unique and fun local multiplayer that has never before been seen on a console system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!