YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

Every time I pick up my gamepad, I feel like I am holding a handheld or a tablet of some sort... then I remember that it's a controller... then I think to myself "why does it have two screens again?" This is one thing I can't find the answer to since most of the things it does could have just used a wii remote! Like miiverse, sure it's more efficient to type on something besides pointing at the TV... but that's not what I am focusing on. The one game that everyone expects will show what the Wii U is capable of, it's graphics, innovation-al game-play, etc. Is nintendo land. Now people may think I am going to say "oh it sucks 'cause it's a mini game collection!" But to be honest I had fun playing it. My only complaint is some of these games don't require the gamepad! Like that one metroid game... WHY?! I mean I know you can use the wii remote when you're on ground, but in air you need the gamepad... why make it so hard? In the one zelda game the second player uses the gamepad to shoot arrows, but why couldn't they just use wii remote and nunchuck? It's the same thing... but more realistic! And if you've played ANY wii game that has you holding something and swinging it around...you've played this... this game is a rehash of that one awesome sword game on wii sports resort! Minus the archery part! The pikmin game.... I thought it was fine playing pikmin 2 on wii with the wii remote, why change it? All I have to say... that f-zero game, you can see the map on the gamepad and it has motion controls... wii remote has motion controls... but I am not necessarily saying that all the games are bad, I am just saying like 2 or 3 of them have redundant gamepad use. Some of them you can just use a wii remote, but the gamepad stays on! Same thing with New super mario bros. U! Sometimes I like using the wii remote in that game! But why must the gamepad stay on? The only choice you have is putting it in sleep mode through the home menu. Oh and the Wii U freezes... happened to me twice in new super mario bros. U, but I am guessing this is a miiverse problem and nintendo will take care of it so I will leave it at that. And that is my (pointlessish rant) on Wii U...

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:12 AM

Im sick of complaints. If no one has anything good to say then they need to GTFO!

Signature_DK.png

#3 Luca

Luca

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

Every time I pick up my gamepad, I feel like I am holding a handheld or a tablet of some sort... then I remember that it's a controller... then I think to myself "why does it have two screens again?" This is one thing I can't find the answer to since most of the things it does could have just used a wii remote! Like miiverse, sure it's more efficient to type on something besides pointing at the TV... but that's not what I am focusing on. The one game that everyone expects will show what the Wii U is capable of, it's graphics, innovation-al game-play, etc. Is nintendo land. Now people may think I am going to say "oh it sucks 'cause it's a mini game collection!" But to be honest I had fun playing it. My only complaint is some of these games don't require the gamepad! Like that one metroid game... WHY?! I mean I know you can use the wii remote when you're on ground, but in air you need the gamepad... why make it so hard? In the one zelda game the second player uses the gamepad to shoot arrows, but why couldn't they just use wii remote and nunchuck? It's the same thing... but more realistic! And if you've played ANY wii game that has you holding something and swinging it around...you've played this... this game is a rehash of that one awesome sword game on wii sports resort! Minus the archery part! The pikmin game.... I thought it was fine playing pikmin 2 on wii with the wii remote, why change it? All I have to say... that f-zero game, you can see the map on the gamepad and it has motion controls... wii remote has motion controls... but I am not necessarily saying that all the games are bad, I am just saying like 2 or 3 of them have redundant gamepad use. Some of them you can just use a wii remote, but the gamepad stays on! Same thing with New super mario bros. U! Sometimes I like using the wii remote in that game! But why must the gamepad stay on? The only choice you have is putting it in sleep mode through the home menu. Oh and the Wii U freezes... happened to me twice in new super mario bros. U, but I am guessing this is a miiverse problem and nintendo will take care of it so I will leave it at that. And that is my (pointlessish rant) on Wii U...

Well mostly because Nintendo Land was the game to show off most of the features of the GamePad. It had like every way possible to play within all the minigames. Other games only use the Wiimote, and use the GamePad for something like a radar. I don't see how using the Wii remote is better than the GamePad anyway, I love holding the GamePad :]

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

Well mostly because Nintendo Land was the game to show off most of the features of the GamePad. It had like every way possible to play within all the minigames. Other games only use the Wiimote, and use the GamePad for something like a radar. I don't see how using the Wii remote is better than the GamePad anyway, I love holding the GamePad :]

I was trying to point out that the whole second screen idea is redundant.

Im sick of complaints. If no one has anything good to say then they need to GTFO!

You obviously didn't bother to read the whole thing.

Edited by yoshinin10d0h!gamer9, 23 November 2012 - 10:18 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#5 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

Have you really been gaming since 2008?!? Well I have been gaming since 1994 LOL

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 23 November 2012 - 10:20 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

I understand this is your opinion.....but...heres mine...the Gamepad so far is my favorite part of the system, and all my friends that have played it think so too. You can't play Zombi U without it and it really makes the game something fun and different. Being able to play 5 players in a lot of games is really fun - and the way they utilize it is great. Not sure what your complaint is on this. Not every game has to make use of the gamepad..nor would I want it to. The ones that do are really fun, even if it allows you to just swipe the game down from the TV to the gamepad..its a great feature which I've been using when other people want to play the 360 or something. As for the Nintendo Land games - Zelda and Metroid are my 2 favorites to use the Gamepad with - its more of a show off to what the Gamepad can be used for. - I do wonder myself as to why the Gamepad always has to be on as it seems.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

If you hate the site then find somewhere else.

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:20 AM

Have you really been gaming since 2008?!? Well I have been gaming since 1994 LOL

1988 my friend :D
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

I kinda like the gamepad isn't shoved down our throats and we have options of how we can play. It's not a necessity, its a choice of which you want to play with.

2lvmghw.png

#10 MyNameIsMatt

MyNameIsMatt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

If there was no one complained or criticised something, everything would stay the same. I everyone said its good, then there's no reason to try something different.

#11 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Who cares how long you've been gaming, to be honest?

2lvmghw.png

#12 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

Sorry about getting so blunt. The only reason I act like this is because I came here to get away from Wii U haters not to mingle with them

Signature_DK.png

#13 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:27 AM

Sorry about getting so blunt. The only reason I act like this is because I came here to get away from Wii U haters not to mingle with them

Yea, I'm sure he is a Wii U hater if he made the effort to go out and buy one this early in the consoles life span.

Edited by Colinx, 23 November 2012 - 10:28 AM.

2lvmghw.png

#14 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

I am not a Wii U hater, I am just expressing my honest feelings. And who cares how long I have been a gamer?

Edited by yoshinin10d0h!gamer9, 23 November 2012 - 10:29 AM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#15 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:30 AM

Im sorry for getting offended Yoshi. Now I feel bad.

Signature_DK.png

#16 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:31 AM

I understand this is your opinion.....but...heres mine...the Gamepad so far is my favorite part of the system, and all my friends that have played it think so too. You can't play Zombi U without it and it really makes the game something fun and different. Being able to play 5 players in a lot of games is really fun - and the way they utilize it is great. Not sure what your complaint is on this. Not every game has to make use of the gamepad..nor would I want it to. The ones that do are really fun, even if it allows you to just swipe the game down from the TV to the gamepad..its a great feature which I've been using when other people want to play the 360 or something. As for the Nintendo Land games - Zelda and Metroid are my 2 favorites to use the Gamepad with - its more of a show off to what the Gamepad can be used for. - I do wonder myself as to why the Gamepad always has to be on as it seems.

I guess I am just mad that they expect you to constantly use the gamepad...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

I dont want anyone to think im a jerk all the time. I dont mean to be.

Signature_DK.png

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

Im sorry for getting offended Yoshi. Now I feel bad.

You're sorry for getting yourself offended? What?... don't understand what you're saying there but apology accepted I guess...

I dont want anyone to think im a jerk all the time. I dont mean to be.

No offence but you kind of implied that you sort of are... you're quick to judge people. If I really was just a stupid fanboy I wouldn't waste my life getting the amount of posts that I have...

sfOI1m6.jpg

#19 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

Posted Image

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:40 AM

I have problems myself. I was diagnosed with aspergers syndrome at a young age. People with the condition have social problems alot but I can be a very caring person. As for your opinion I guess we are all entitled to them.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!