9 replies to this topic

#1 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

If you probably haven't known THQ says that the Wii U was a slow CPU and it isn't the fastest consoles.
THAT IS BULLCRAP!
The Wii U may have a slow CPU but sating the console is slow just because of the CPU is beyond silly ponyation. The main reason why THQ is talking bad about the Wii U is because the Wii U is a GPU Centric console while the Xbox and PS3 are CPU centric consoles. Which means THQ's Engine is pretty much incompatible with the Wii U. And because of this the developers at THQ won't be able to have a good understanding of the Architecture nor be able to develop games on the console.
This is the main reason the Developers are talking crap about the console.
This is pretty much the same that happened with the PS3, Developers said the Cell processor was said to be bad, and developers said it was bad to develop. NOW look at what the PS3 is capable of.

Some people say the Wii U is weaker because of the ports looking worse. This is false. The Wii U has better looking games on the Wii U such as Assassins Creed 3, Black Ops 2, Aliens Colonial Marines, yet they get ignored to the games that look worse. The reason these games look better is that all three devs said Nintendo has helped them with the better looking games. This is because the Devs helping them have a better understanding of the architecture.

#2 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:29 PM

i say just give it a year or so, we will have some beautiful games on the wii u, and who cares, i dont remember the last time thq made a good game

wa3Nq7j.png

#3 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

i say just give it a year or so, we will have some beautiful games on the wii u, and who cares, i dont remember the last time thq made a good game

Well they did publish Saints Row the Third which was wonderful IMO, Warhammer Space Marine was alright as well , Darksider 2 which was pretty good but was horrible ported to pc .

#4 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Well they did publish Saints Row the Third which was wonderful IMO, Warhammer Space Marine was alright as well , Darksider 2 which was pretty good but was horrible ported to pc .

ya, the pc port was horrible...... and they published saints row the third? did not know that, for the others, i never heard of them until now

wa3Nq7j.png

#5 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

Continuing discussing the wii us power at this point its worthless, there is nothing we can do about it to change it or not, the only thing we can do now is enjoy the system and its games and pray for the best future posible, period.
Posted Image

#6 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

This power discussion is getting out of hand. We know that the strength of Wii U's components isn't going to be what makes it a success or not. Just take a good history lesson on gaming and tell yourself that it is so.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#7 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

The CPU probably does have a slower clock speed. Which, is very bad for THQ. THQ engine for the game in question relies on the CPU. They dont have the money to make a new engine or adjust the engine to use the GPU. It's a money issue.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:24 PM

I posted my thoughts of what I thought about the Wii U's power yesterday in a similar article, and now I'm done, I got what I needed to off my chest, so I'm just going to enjoy the console until concrete proof comes our way.

#9 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:56 AM

Agreed except about Darksiders II being a horrible port, it wasn't the best port but it's far from horrible.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#10 Press

Press

Thwomp

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Smash, FF, KH, Sonic

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:05 AM

Let's lay it to rest. Too many speculative threads about the same issue. Please compile all thoughts in one thread..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!