• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

I've enjoyed it. You won't want to play it three times but you will get a kick out of it the first two times.

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#102 noisemonkey

noisemonkey

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:28 AM

Just pre-ordered Watch Dogs, can't wait :ph34r:

#103 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 02 February 2014 - 01:45 AM

LEGO City Undercover was alright. Although, I prefer LEGO Marvel just because Marvel.

Wouldn't be a game I'd play more than once.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#104 Richard Fightmaster

Richard Fightmaster

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon, Mega Man

Posted 02 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Err... is Sonic Lost World good? I really want to be a Sonic fan, but I'm having trouble doing it! The first three are OK, and Sonic Adventure has fun levels but a terrible overworld, and I've never played SA2, so yeah. Everything else is crap, but is Lost World his return to OKness?

DC1iHjB.png?1

(Also join the Danny Sexbang fan club! http://dannysexbangf...ub.blogspot.ca/)

#105 olivergoldvalente

olivergoldvalente

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

So any one help me on the choice between Windwaker HD, or Mario 3D World.

I tried mario, and it was pretty fun but possibly repetative.

I'm not too familiar with the zelda series, would it be good to jump into this game? 

Thanks.

#106 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

if you're not familiar with LoZ, then WindWaker is probably one of the best introductions to the series

$̵̵͙͎̹̝̙̼̻̱͖̲̖̜̩̫̩̼̥͓̳̒̀ͨ̌̅ͮ̇̓ͮ̈͌̓̔̐͆ͩ̋͆ͣ́&̾̋͗̏̌̓̍ͥ̉ͧͣͪ̃̓̇̑҉͎̬͞^̸̠̬̙̹̰̬̗̲͈͈̼̯̞̻͎ͭ̐ͦ̋́̆̔̏̽͢$̻̜͕̜̠͔̮͐ͬ̍ͨͩͤͫ͐ͧ̔̆͘͝͞^̄̋̄͗̐ͯͮͨͣ͐͂͑̽ͩ͒̈̚͏̷͏̗͈̣̪͙̳̰͉͉̯̲̘̮̣̘͟ͅ&̐ͪͬ̑̂̀̓͛̈́͌҉҉̶̕͝*̗̩͚͍͇͔̻̬̼̖͖͈͍̝̻̪͙̳̯̌̅̆̌ͥ̊͗͆́̍ͨ̎̊̌͟͡$̶̛̛̙̝̥̳̥̣̥̞̝̱̺͍̭̹̞͔̠̰͇ͪ͋͛̍̊̋͒̓̿ͩͪ̓̓͘^̈ͥͩͭ͆͌ͣ̀̿͌ͫ̈́̍ͨ̇̾̚͏̢̗̼̻̲̱͇͙̝͉͝ͅ$̢̨̪̝̗̰͖̠̜̳̭̀ͥͭͨ̋ͪ̍̈ͮͣ̌^ͦ̏ͬ̋͑̿́ͮ̿ͨ̋̌ͪ̓̋̇͆͟҉̗͍$̛̪̞̤͉̬͙̦̋ͣͬ̒͗̀̍͗̾̽̓̉͌̔͂̇͒̚̕͜^̧͎̖̟̮͚̞̜̮̘͕̹͚̏ͩ͐ͯ͑̍̍̀͒͘*̿ͨ̽̈́͐ͭ̌̈͋̚͟͝҉͕̙*̨̢̭̭̤̺̦̩̫̲͇͕̼̝̯̇ͨ͗̓̃͂ͩ͆͂̅̀̀́̚̚͟%̨͚̙̮̣̭͖͕͙ͣ̽ͮͤ́ͫ̊̊̐̄̌ͣ͌̉̔͊̽̾ͨ^̢̹̭͍̬̖͇̝̝̬̱͈͔̹͉̫̿͛̄̿͊͆ͦ̃ͮͩ͌ͭ̔ͫ̆͞ͅͅ%̵̼̖̻̘ͪͤ̈̃̓̐̑ͩͭ̄̑͊ͫ̆̌̄͡*̴̮̪͕̗̩͇͇ͪ̑̊̈́́̀͞^̼̝̥̦͇̺̘̤̦͕̦̞͑̑ͯ̂ͯ̕͞%ͮͫ̿ͫ̊̈̔̍҉҉̴̸̡*̛̭̖͇͚̝̤̬̰̅̎ͥͯ̓͑̾ͬͨͮ́̕͝^̧̽͋̈ͤͮ̈́́̍ͧ̊҉͇̙̣̯̀́%̴̡̛̘͚͈̗̖̮̫̏̆ͦ̽̔̈̽͒͛̈

#107 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

So any one help me on the choice between Windwaker HD, or Mario 3D World.

I tried mario, and it was pretty fun but possibly repetative.

I'm not too familiar with the zelda series, would it be good to jump into this game? 

Thanks.

If you find mario games like 3d world and 2d marios... too shallow, and are looking for more of a.... Novel insteae of a comic strip, a steak instead of a bag of chips, or, say, a grand sweeping adventure instead of the jungle gym playground.... Zelda may be the path for you.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#108 grahamf

grahamf

The Happiness Fairy

• Members
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:01 PM

You will love Windwaker. That's a near certainty. I almost want to play it again but i have a backlog with five Zelda games alone to finish.

Edited by grahamf, 05 February 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#109 Edshadow9488

Edshadow9488

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

I am looking at getting 4 games for my nephews. The all need to be local multiplayer, They do not like Mario games, or usually games with Mario in them, and no sports games. Are there 4 games available that meet this requirement?

Let me know if this should be a new topic, and I can create it.

Thanks for the help.

ZombiU maybe nintendo land smash bros when it comes out thats all i can think of

#110 Insanejawa

Insanejawa

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:50 AM

Looking for my next indie game. Just bought The Cave and loved it but it was too short IMO.

Downloaded Trine 2 Demo and liked it but I don't want to get burned with another game that I can beat rather quickly.

Unepic looks awesome

Child of Light coming soon also looks good

And Bit Runner has some good reviews.

#111 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 04:02 AM

Looking for my next indie game. Just bought The Cave and loved it but it was too short IMO.
Downloaded Trine 2 Demo and liked it but I don't want to get burned with another game that I can beat rather quickly.
Unepic looks awesome
Child of Light coming soon also looks good
And Bit Runner has some good reviews.

Trine 2 is much, much longer than the cave.

Its the directors cut, and is twice as long as the original release, plus an exclusive wii u level.

Cave on the other hand, was designed to be replayed through with 5 seperate character pairs, with exclusive levels for each character, so is much shorter to beat once. (I never bothered to beat it again, I deleted it rather quickly, it just makes me sad for psychonauts double fine).

Yeah, im looking at Child of light, Shovel Knight, and Teslagrad. Wish theyd hurry up and come out.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#112 Thugbrown

Thugbrown

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:02 AM

I have both Trine 2 DC and The Cave and yes Trine 2 is a much longer game than the cave even if you play with all the the characters and beat the game.  After I did that the replay value was gone and I think it would have done better if more characters were added as dlc with more stages and increase in difficulty.  None the less I did enjoy The Cave but Trine 2 is better in length and challenge

#113 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 02:22 AM

ive just burnt through the mario back catalogue on VC, just wondering if i should get Kid Icarus and Metroid or just start getting into the SNES games. played them both as a 9/10 year old, finished metroid plenty of times, and might have finished icarus with some friends, but if i did it was effing tough. is it worth getting them or are they way too dated now. super metroid does seem appealing. never played that at all.

#114 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 04:52 AM

ive just burnt through the mario back catalogue on VC, just wondering if i should get Kid Icarus and Metroid or just start getting into the SNES games. played them both as a 9/10 year old, finished metroid plenty of times, and might have finished icarus with some friends, but if i did it was effing tough. is it worth getting them or are they way too dated now. super metroid does seem appealing. never played that at all.

Holy crap get super metroid NAOW.

Man, too bad you didnt have a wii u when it was 30 cents. The 1986 games are enjoyable as classics, but their mechanics are by and large primitive and obsolete...

Super Metroid forged modern game design, so it still stands incredibly strong.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#115 storabajskorven

storabajskorven

Boo

• Members
  • 572 posts
  • NNID:Stranders

Posted 28 April 2014 - 05:32 AM

You have played the NES Metroid, so I don't need to tell you it's a good game, if you're good enough at it so you never die. The need to refill your energy everytime you die is really annoying. Kid Icarus isn't that great in my opinion (but challenging). Now, regarding Super Metroid it is a true masterpiece, maybe the best game ever created. It is perhaps the only game I can think of that is completely flawless and definitely one of the very few games from the early 90's that hasn't aged a bit.

Regarding the rest of the SNES library, I'd say the only ones that has aged almost as well are A Link to the past and Final Fantasy 6.

#116 NayNay

NayNay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:08 PM

cheers guys, i DL'd icarus last night just to check the difficulty. dont feel the need to continue. i might skip NES metroid and get into the SNES version as it is commonly regarded as one of the systems best games.

i think others on my list are the zeldas (which i have played a tonne, but never completed when i was young) and some of the mega man games. ive heard good things about earthbound too.

thanks again for your input folks

#117 Lafosse64

Lafosse64

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • NNID:Lafosse64
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:34 PM

Somebody could tell me if it's really worth it to buy the Super Luigi U game? I have the Super Mario U so idk i feel like id be paying more for few more content... or is it really worth it? 

If I had to recomend a game, id say MARIO KART 8 IS BEAUTIFUL! 

and if you like Resident Evil ... the ones that is out for Wii U is not worth it... just get the 3DS version. 

''GAMER SINCE 1990''

#118 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Somebody could tell me if it's really worth it to buy the Super Luigi U game? I have the Super Mario U so idk i feel like id be paying more for few more content... or is it really worth it? 

If I had to recomend a game, id say MARIO KART 8 IS BEAUTIFUL! 

and if you like Resident Evil ... the ones that is out for Wii U is not worth it... just get the 3DS version. 

bought the Luigi game and never got around to playing it much. It is cool it has a good level of difficulty but i will probably never finish it.

#119 genev

genev

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Fandom:
    Legend of zelda,final fantasy,pokemon

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Is Wonderful 101 worth buying? I have heard both negative and positive things about the game and I'm a bit confused. How is the gameplay ?The controls? Is it an overall fulfilling experience?

Edited by basketballfan, 27 July 2014 - 12:54 PM.

'' It is dangerous to be right in matters where established men are wrong.''

Voltaire

#120 Akazury

Akazury

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • NNID:Akazury
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, The Legend of Zelda, Pokémon

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:20 PM

Is Wonderful 101 worth buying? I have heard both negative and positive things about the game and I'm a bit confused. How is the gameplay ?The controls? Is it an overall fulfilling experience?

I can sum this up in one word: Amazing. I don't know if you played the demo but the full version is quite different. The story is great, funny and interesting, usage of the gamepad is different and really acts like an extra pair of eyes aswell as an method for inputting the unite morphs. I was on the fence after demo but got it as a free game, playing on normal is actually challenging. It has it's minor flaws, weird camera angles and sometimes unresponsive too certain commands it's easily worth the price, espaiclly since it already is lower than say 3D world and the likes.

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!