• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

I just checked out skyrim and was wondering, How good will it look on the wii U if this world display is on the 360.
I can already imagine switching weapons or casting spells from the controller on haveing the nunchuck as a shield and the wii mote as the sword kinda like skyword sword.

1367065580450s.jpg

#2 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Well, I think it depends on when the release will be set for the wii-u. Since sky rim is coming in November, I'm not sure they will add it to the wii-u

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#3 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Potentially, it could look anywhere from as good as the Xbox 360 version (if Bethesda doesn't bother to enhance the graphics for a Wii U version) to noticeably better. I see the Wii U as roughly capable of delivering PC-like graphics, due to all the additional optimization that is possible on a console.

I do hope that they actually make a Skyrim U. To my knowledge, Bethesda haven't confirmed that they're working on anything for the Wii U, only that they're interested in the platform. Inventory management with the touchscreen would be awesome. It would make the choice between that and the PC version a pretty difficult one...

#4 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:15 AM

Potentially, it could look anywhere from as good as the Xbox 360 version (if Bethesda doesn't bother to enhance the graphics for a Wii U version) to noticeably better. I see the Wii U as roughly capable of delivering PC-like graphics, due to all the additional optimization that is possible on a console.

I do hope that they actually make a Skyrim U. To my knowledge, Bethesda haven't confirmed that they're working on anything for the Wii U, only that they're interested in the platform. Inventory management with the touchscreen would be awesome. It would make the choice between that and the PC version a pretty difficult one...

I hate to say but unless you have a good reason for thinking that then no, you're not gonna get PC graphics on the Wii U

1367065580450s.jpg

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:21 AM

I hate to say but unless you have a good reason for thinking that then no, you're not gonna get PC graphics on the Wii U

But I do have good reason for thinking that. Here's a video of Crysis running on a Radeon 4890 (a similar graphics card to what's ticking in the Wii U):

And remember, that's on a PC. With a console, it's possible to squeeze a lot more graphics out of similar hardware due to all the possible optimization, since everyone who plays the game will do so on an identical platform. So, logically, the Wii U's graphical potential is somewhat beyond what you see in that video.

#6 Phones

Phones

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Fandom:
    TWEWY, KH, Phoenix Wright

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

Well, hadn't MW3 been confirmed for WiiU? That releases on November. They could still release Skyrim for WiiU as well.
Can you find 'em all?
Posted Image

#7 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Well, hadn't MW3 been confirmed for WiiU? That releases on November. They could still release Skyrim for WiiU as well.

Nope, MW3 will be only on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Don't forget that Wii U releases sometime next year after April. Usually companies don't release their game for a newer console after their new game has already been launched. So, to answer all of your questions, Skyrim and MW3 will probably not be on the Wii U. That would be up to the developer and Nintendo if they wanted to port it to the Wii U.

#8 bsgpro

bsgpro

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    Call of Duty andMonster Hunter Tri

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Nope, MW3 will be only on Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Don't forget that Wii U releases sometime next year after April. Usually companies don't release their game for a newer console after their new game has already been launched. So, to answer all of your questions, Skyrim and MW3 will probably not be on the Wii U. That would be up to the developer and Nintendo if they wanted to port it to the Wii U.

Some companies do that like EA with BattleField 3. It releases very soon and it will be made for the Wii U. Just give it time.
Don't push it I am smarter than you.

#9 PK-Gaming

PK-Gaming

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ubisoft,CD Projekt,Take Two

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:11 AM

Mass Effect 2 came to the PS3 late with more content and my guess there going to have skyrim and oblivion bundle or there going to have exclisive content for the wii u version.
Posted Image

#10 Siemen

Siemen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

Bethesda does :)
Oblivion was released on Xbox360/Windows March 2006, but the PS3 version came out April 2007, with enhanced graphics.

#11 Mesan3

Mesan3

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • NNID:mesan3
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Dragon ball, trombone

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:58 PM

skyrim is a 500 hour game so I dont see why not

#12 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Skyrim would be awesome on the Wii U! Though we still don't know what the first batch of games for the system will look like, so it's kind of hard to guess how improved the graphics would be if it was ported to the Wii U.

#13 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

Desert Punk and Jikayaki, I've split your debate over the Xbox and the Wii off into its own topic. You may continue it there. Let's keep this thread about Skyrim, m'kay?

#14 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

Ok so I finally got a chance to see skyrim the other day and the wii u must absolutely get this game!! I think it could fill a void in the medieval RPG category and could be the nice long single player game like Twilight Princess was for the wii's launch. What do you guys think?

#15 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:20 AM

its certainly possible and bethesda said they are considering it, i hope it will sell despite coming out so much later than on other consoles, scratch that, it will sell well. so yh bring it on!!
Posted Image

#16 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

If it does come it will probably be the game of the year edition. Hopefully they will have fixed the bugs by then

Posted Image

#17 MachineLaw

MachineLaw

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Fandom:
    Too many to name

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

If Arkham City is releasing (and I'm fully expecting to buy it on launch day since I've been holding for the Wii U version), it's totally possible that Skyrim also comes to the Wii U in a Game of the Year edition.

#18 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

Yeah, Arkham and Skyrim would be awesome! Fingers crossed for Battlefield also. But mostly Skyrim lol

#19 HaoSenVastForest

HaoSenVastForest

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 686 posts
  • Fandom:
    Everything LoZ!!!

Posted 08 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME!!!!!

Posted Image

In a world of Gray and black there is nothing here to take back...

(Words from your local demon and leader of the army of darkness)

#20 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

I know Skyrim would sell, but I'm not even interested in Skyrim if it came to the WiiU. Why? I dislike everything about Skyrim, I don't like Betheseda's policy of releasing a game with massive, gamebreaking bugs on a system, and there are still bugs in Oblivion last time I checked. Betheseda's games can either get more time in bug checking or I don't want them on the console. Simple as that.

Also, WiiU does not need port's at Launch. That hurt the 3DS. We need original titles

Edited by Domini N Unova, 08 January 2012 - 10:55 AM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!