• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 WiiUgamer

WiiUgamer

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Does anyone who has played black ops 2 on xbox think the controls on WIi U are terrible in comparison. i am an experienced in FPS and dominate on xbox but it seems i cant even aim correctly on the WII U. i just bought the pro controller to see if it helps. It is slightly better than the game pad. I then played several games on the XBOX and the controls just seem better.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Your probably just not used to it considering the buttons are different. You'll get used to it.

2lvmghw.png

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

I'd say it's mostly because of a different kind of stick being used in the Wii U Gamepad, and that Treyarch simply not been able to tinker with it properly enough to create a fluid camera control from it. You could try mucking around with the few settings they have to get an even better result for your play style.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

There are options to set it back to the standard COD controls, but you have to dig for it. It should be in some kind of options box. That's what I had to do anyways.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#5 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

I think it was more to do with aiming capabilities than anything else, from what the OP is implying.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#6 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 04 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

There are options to set it back to the standard COD controls, but you have to dig for it. It should be in some kind of options box. That's what I had to do anyways.

What Auzzie said, from what I've experienced with the Wii U the sticks have this terrible thing where they won't even register until you're like further than half way pushed, it kind of sucks and I noticed it instantly and I am still not too used to it.

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

Most buttons are fine.
I play a ton of fps on the ps3 and everyone has the buttons a lil different,
I did have the cod bo2 on ps3 but traded it in for the wii u copy sicne i beat it and would play it from the gamepad more.

Anyways. The first day with the game it was a little weird. Had to keep looking down to see where the buttons where.
But now im doing great. 5,6 ,7 kills in a roll without dying.
So give it some time. The triggers and stuff are ok but the face buttons are kinda mis placed. But you know what you can change that.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

I'm starting to get VERY used to the new layout I love it :D

#9 RolledUp20s

RolledUp20s

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'm starting to get VERY used to the new layout I love it :D

Ye me 2. I picked up my ps3 pad today..felt so weird, making me think of selling my ps3 & vita actually.

Edited by RolledUp20s, 05 December 2012 - 09:49 AM.

#10 Rimmer

Rimmer

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

Hi all
i agree with the op can't seem to aim properly at all.The controls just don't seem properly finished to me.
it seems its all down to spraying and praying with no accuracy involved
thats just how it feels to me but i will be persistent

Edited by Rimmer, 12 December 2012 - 12:57 AM.

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

I have no problem with the controls on the gamepad, although when im using the TV i do sometimes prefer to use the pro controller as i find having the map/radar on the gamepad useless.

#12 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:16 AM

Op talks about the thumbsticks, several people misunderstand him, OP clarifies, people continue to not pay attention and talk about the different button placements....

I'm not sure if its the game or the thumbsticks but aiming is notably less accurate in both Black Ops 2 and zombiU. The thumbsticks from what I can tell simply are not of the same quality as those in the ps3 and 360 controllers.

[Warning: mini rant ahead barely related to topic]
Also I hate to break it to the OP but if your experience to fps games is only on console..... then you are not a very experienced fps player. The fact that console fps games use aim assist and autoaim to make the game playable with very few exceptions (Killzone 2 for example, and look at how many complained about the game bieng to hard to control). The bigger issue is of course how long could have been playing many fps games if they where limited to just console, aside from the odd release it wasn't until the mid 2000's we saw regular fps games on console.
[End of rant :p]

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

Op talks about the thumbsticks, several people misunderstand him, OP clarifies, people continue to not pay attention and talk about the different button placements....

I'm not sure if its the game or the thumbsticks but aiming is notably less accurate in both Black Ops 2 and zombiU. The thumbsticks from what I can tell simply are not of the same quality as those in the ps3 and 360 controllers.

[Warning: mini rant ahead barely related to topic]
Also I hate to break it to the OP but if your experience to fps games is only on console..... then you are not a very experienced fps player. The fact that console fps games use aim assist and autoaim to make the game playable with very few exceptions (Killzone 2 for example, and look at how many complained about the game bieng to hard to control). The bigger issue is of course how long could have been playing many fps games if they where limited to just console, aside from the odd release it wasn't until the mid 2000's we saw regular fps games on console.
[End of rant :p]

PC fanboy :P

#14 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:03 AM

well add me as a friend!, i only use pistol as a main weapon and i do well with up to 6-7 kills, i hate getting killed by sprayers and shot gun users as they kill you out of luck, i know what you mean about finding it hard to aim with a machine gun as the recoil in most are bad, i stick to a pistol and manage a 1.06 kd over all which isnt bad concidering i came from pc mouse and keyboard for cod.

My accuracy for the pistol is over 33%!, ive had a few goes of the machineguns and i end up all over the place lol, summet like 15% as most of the time its spray and hope, hate that type of play as it seems point less and no skill is used, i prefer the pistol with the tactical knife with a sniper as a back up for long shots :)

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 12 December 2012 - 05:03 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#15 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:07 AM

PC fanboy :P

Not really, fps games are just better on a mouse and keyboard. Just like fighting games are better on a gamepad (or better yet with an arcade stick). When a game starts to play itself (eg: autoaim, aim assist) the control method is be definition deeply flawed. This issue is reduced with the wiimote, but the lag introduced and slower aiming still puts it well below what a mouse allows for.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 12 December 2012 - 05:09 AM.

#16 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Not really, fps games are just better on a mouse and keyboard. Just like fighting games are better on a gamepad (or better yet with an arcade stick). When a game starts to play itself (eg: autoaim, aim assist) the control method is be definition deeply flawed. This issue is reduced with the wiimote, but the lag introduced and slower aiming still puts it well below what a mouse allows for.

you can train your fingers to be as accurate with a control pad like a mouse and keyboard, some times the aim assist causes you to get killed as when your aiming, and another enemyis running very near by, its jerks ur aim causing you to die, best advice, turn auto aim off!

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:57 AM

I dont notice any difference. Then again, i always turn aim assist off.

Wiimotes all right. No where near up to snuff of the few top end wii games (red steel 2/conduit 2) but better than average wiimote efforts. Still more than enough to destroy stick jockies with impunity.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

you can train your fingers to be as accurate with a control pad like a mouse and keyboard, some times the aim assist causes you to get killed as when your aiming, and another enemyis running very near by, its jerks ur aim causing you to die, best advice, turn auto aim off!

Sorry that is wrong, a gamepad simply isn't as accurate of an input.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

Sorry that is wrong, a gamepad simply isn't as accurate of an input.

Lol, you are talking about cod, even with aim assist 'off' it has the stickiest da reticules ive ever seen. Not exactly something you can use as a base for controller accuracy.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Lol, you are talking about cod, even with aim assist 'off' it has the stickiest da reticules ive ever seen. Not exactly something you can use as a base for controller accuracy.

I'm also talking about zombiU, which encompasses all fps games on the wiiU.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!