• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:48 AM

Yesturday I read the following article http://www.ign.com/a...s-social-gaming and was convinced that it was officially time to trade in everything I own that is XBOX to make room for the Wii U that should arrive this Christmas. I agree with the writer that the online community is full of ignorant, whiny kids that are full of themselves and completely rude. This article pretty much told me in a nutshell, "If your looking for a more mature and moderated online community that does not put up with foolishness than you will enjoy the experience of Wiiverse"

I recently had my first child and my wife is not much of a video gamer however, when I do get her gaming it is usually a Wii game. I bought the Kinect thinking the familily would enjoy that but we have probably played it 5 times since it came out and it just feels more like a gimmick.

So yesturday, I bit the Bullet and traded in my 250GB XBOX with Kinect and about 15 games and came out with COD: BOII and $240 in store credit for future games. I feel good about it and am also excited about not paying $10 amonth for GOLD anymore.

I have a sweet PC so when the next XBOX and PS come out, I'll still be able to play the blockbusters, except for the 1st party games of course but that's what friends are for :-)

Maybe it was a drastic move but I just see my xbox becomming worth less and less and dident have the patience to sell it privately, I was just ready for the divorce to be over :-)

Thoughts?

#2 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:02 AM

I'm glad your happy, but lol at the idea that wiiverse is more mature.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 07 December 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#3 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

I'm glad your happy, but lol at the idea that wiiverse is more mature.

Lol, you just dont have to hear it over a mic yet... I do love the art though.

#4 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

miiverse*
Gamers will always be immature 11 year olds because most of them are actually immature 11 year olds.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#5 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

miiverse*
Gamers will always be immature 11 year olds because most of them are actually immature 11 year olds.

I was about to mention the proper name lol,
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#6 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

Mature may be the wrong word to use, what I'm saying is more respectful. XBOX live is flooded with the dumb masses. I'm sure the Wii U will have it's share but from what I hear alot of those people are getting banned, lol. I'll have to revisit this thread after I've had some personal time with my system, It's gonna be a busy holiday break for me :-)

Edited by LeagueMaker, 07 December 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#7 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Um, the 360 has been out for a while, so it's more common to run into idiots. Miiverse is slowly headed that way. Trolls, and immature people are quickly pouring in. Miiverse was perfect the first few days, but it's going to end up like virtually every discussion board on the Internet. By Christmas, I expect the community to go downhill. It annoys me that the 360 is always singled out for the immature children. You find them everywhere!

Edited by Gaymer, 07 December 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

I know exactly what he is talking about. The 360 may be out to more gamers than the Wii U is..but its an entire different type of community...and it is annoying which is why I never play online anymore. Wii U is moderated and so far I haven't had a single bad experience with it. Honestly as a big PC gamer - xbox live gamers are like the console version of world of warcraft players..they are generally annoying, whiny , and elitist.

On that note, glad to see your getting the Wii U and dumping all the paper weight. My classic systems (ie genesis, snes, etc etc) get far more use than my 360 or ps3 did. I recently sold off my ps3, I look at it the same way. Most the games I really want to get...I can get on the PC anyways. The system exclusives aren't the kind of games that I generally get into much anyways.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

I sold my 360 for the exact same reason as you, although I don't plan on buying Microsoft or Sonys next systems. More enjoyment overall, love my Wii U.

#10 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:05 AM

I also sold my xbox slim but i did it on craigslist, as i usually get way more money selling off of there for my games. I still have my modded xbox 360 though just in case there is a game not coming out for the wiiU that i want. Hope you enjoy the Wii U as much as i do.

Um, the 360 has been out for a while, so it's more common to run into idiots. Miiverse is slowly headed that way. Trolls, and immature people are quickly pouring in. Miiverse was perfect the first few days, but it's going to end up like virtually every discussion board on the Internet. By Christmas, I expect the community to go downhill. It annoys me that the 360 is always singled out for the immature children. You find them everywhere!

I think it just has to do with the xbox coming packaged in with a mic so everyone right off the bat has a chance of acting like an idiot. Little kids are on every console and they are annoying in there own way on each one. I actually have met quite a few random people so far on miiverse that are extremely nice who know there stuff about games. Hope it continues.

#11 xXCODMARAUDERXx

xXCODMARAUDERXx

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Halo,Minecraft,Assassin's creed,pokemon

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well i am glad you traded a system for a new one and stayed in the world of gaming. I traded ps3 for xbox and best decission of my life!!!! then again there will be a time were Wii will dominate the life of mine again!

#12 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

Yesturday I read the following article http://www.ign.com/a...s-social-gaming and was convinced that it was officially time to trade in everything I own that is XBOX to make room for the Wii U

I love how this decision was based solely on the words of Audrey Drake a.k.a "The BIGGEST Nintendo fanboy on IGN"... :laugh:

#13 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

That article has the most mature comments I've ever seen on IGN.

#14 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

I got my Wii U for parties and playing with my GF but I have my PS3 for me lol
Posted Image

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Oh I have definitely had way more bad experiences on Xbox Live versus the others. However, the main reason I'd get rid of my 360 and refuse to grab a 720 is for the serious lack of good exclusives. I basically bought my 360 because I couldn't live without Halo. While I love Halo 4 I really think games like Killzone and CoD have caught up to the point that I will pass on the 720.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 12 December 2012 - 07:01 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 purin172003

purin172003

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

You definitely did the right thing. Great Job!

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

IMO it would have been wiser to just save up for a Wii U but thats just what I think. As long as it makes you happy/

Signature_DK.png

#18 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:27 AM

Um.. I don't think GameStop has a bathroom.

JxkHfIT.png

#19 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

360 is easy to just ignore the idiots. And miiverse is really just for kids who have not yet discovered forums.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#20 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:24 PM

Mature may be the wrong word to use, what I'm saying is more respectful. XBOX live is flooded with the dumb masses. I'm sure the Wii U will have it's share but from what I hear alot of those people are getting banned, lol. I'll have to revisit this thread after I've had some personal time with my system, It's gonna be a busy holiday break for me :-)

It's just that at the moment only the people with enough money to be early adoptors are on there at the moment. When the wii u becomes more mainstream the ignorant kids will probably be there.

... That and that the miiverse admins are frikkin ninjas ;)

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!