• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

Just curious and I totally understand if you'd rather keep it to yourself, some of us are secret agents I understand.

I'm a Health & Physical Education Teacher for a K-5 Elementary School and have been at it for 6 years.

I also coach Cross-Country at the High School and Track & Field at the Middle School.

I'm currently pursuing my Masters in HPE at Jacksonville State University and it should give me a 5,000 raise as soon as I finish it in December 2013 :-)

How bout you guys, anybody working out there or are you still getting your education, if so, what are you planning on going into?

#2 Noonabites

Noonabites

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 813 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:31 AM

Currently pursuing a Bachelor's in Psychology and DoE English ESL. Currently in internship phase, running small teaching blocks and working under a teacher for a Saturday program.

Ultimate goal is to attain a Masters and teach in Korea, Japan, Malaysia, etc. and gather experience so I may work with under-privileged, delinquent and at risk students here in the states.

One of my favorite teachers in school was my Health instructor.. she would always have us these Friday talks about social issues (homosexuality and it's acceptance, weight, etc.). She helped broadened my view and insight on personal health and all it can effect. So it always peeves me when someone says that Health and Physical Education Teachers are the lowest of teachers (and by default, have the easiest jobs).

Glad to see you pursuing it and I hope you enjoy it!

Edited by Noonabites, 07 December 2012 - 08:31 AM.

#3 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

I'm in the Royal Air Force as an aeronautical engineer.

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:42 AM

I attend college next month, I plan on majoring in education, so I plan on being a teacher. What grade will I be teaching? Haven't decided yet.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

I DON'T HAVE A JOB! Unless you count making music... I do make a little money doing that.

#6 markusjayjay

markusjayjay

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Took a master in building engineering.
Work in a firm that prevent fire in building.

Posted Image

Nintendo Network ID: markusjayjay

#7 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

im in high school right now and trying to get an afterschool internship at a factory type place that makes aircraft carrier parts, the internship would be a systems analyst/ network admin type thing for the office building

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Have a degree in Information Technology, but it really bored me so I decided to take over the family business. I'm a landscaper and own a Farmers Market. Also opening a comic book store next fall.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Have a degree in Information Technology, but it really bored me so I decided to take over the family business. I'm a landscaper and own a Farmers Market. Also opening a comic book store next fall.

I'd love to own a comic store! I'd sit and read Saga all day.

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

I'd love to own a comic store! I'd sit and read Saga all day.

haha, yeah - I figure I will get a tid bit of reading done :P
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

:o Same
I was a programmer and web developer for 7 years, but it was boring.
The only times it felt like fun was the deadline night when I'd be rushing to finish up.

Now I do PC Repair, not knocking it but I love the simplicity.

Also:
Those who can't, teach.
Those who can't teach, teach PE. :>

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

:o Same
I was a programmer and web developer for 7 years, but it was boring.
The only times it felt like fun was the deadline night when I'd be rushing to finish up.

Now I do PC Repair, not knocking it but I love the simplicity.

Also:
Those who can't, teach.

Yeah, it was horrible. I do PC Repair on the side, and its one of those things that..doing it part time on the side..more as a hobby, makes it far more enjoyable for me. The days of sitting in a cubicle for 12 hours a day...long gone.
Posted Image

#13 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

I've never worked in a cubicle, but I'm sure it'd suck.
Closest I came was doing data entry, in a small office room with another guy.
Maybe I just like mindless tasks.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#14 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

I sell pron to creepy old men for minimum wage... I dont think anyone here can top that :P

#15 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

I repair sewing machines part-time at a local arts and crafts store.

No benefits, but I get treated better and paid more there than when I worked at Wal-Mart.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:57 PM

My job is looking for a job, things are bad here in the UK at least where I live, Degree's and certificates mean nothing here at all trust me I got loads but they don't help in any way.

#17 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

Also:
Those who can't, teach.

lol, I've heard that before from somewhere, can't remember. I would love to see someone thrown in to my gym and have 80 students file in and they keep order and develop a successful lesson, it would be a disaster. The thing is, I get paid the same as a classroom teacher except im not miserable and grumpy like 80% of them lol. Best job in the world. After my masters I'll get paid 50K+ and have a heckova lot of time off to spend with the family, and that in itself is worth a ton, I only work 180 days a year!

#18 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

lol, I've heard that before from somewhere, can't remember. I would love to see someone thrown in to my gym and have 80 students file in and they keep order and develop a successful lesson, it would be a disaster. The thing is, I get paid the same as a classroom teacher except im not miserable and grumpy like 80% of them lol. Best job in the world. After my masters I'll get paid 50K+ and have a heckova lot of time off to spend with the family, and that in itself is worth a ton, I only work 180 days a year!

I heard it from Teacher, the channel 4 TV show I think.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#19 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

My job is looking for a job, things are bad here in the UK at least where I live, Degree's and certificates mean nothing here at all trust me I got loads but they don't help in any way.

Trust me goku, It's not just in the UK, It's most places. It was very difficult to get a job out of college because all the jobs in IT wanted like 6-8 years of experience. I ended up doing tech support for 3 years then said the hell With it.
Posted Image

#20 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

I heard it from Teacher, the channel 4 TV show I think.

I bet the PE teacher at that school really appreciated he comment, lol. There are a few PE teachers out there that suck, i.e. the ones who "roll the ball out"

Edited by LeagueMaker, 08 December 2012 - 08:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!