Photo

ZombiU Questions (Tips or Tricks Welcome)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:33 AM

After reading all the great reviews on the forums I decided to pick up ZombiU both because it sounded like fun and seemed like a game that would catch my wife's interest and maybe pull her away from always wanting to play Super Mario u.

We started playing and essentially switch off every time our survivor dies and we move on to the next person. There are A lot of random things that I have slowly realized while playing the game but also more questions arise the more I play. Granted we are only outside buckingham palace (played about 2 hours and the wife is on a steep learning curve).

The one main thing I realized was how important keeping stuff in the backpack other than the absolute necessities is. I initially thought when your survivor dies if you go back and kill them you would be able to recover what is in the pack as well as what was equipped but that wasn't the case. Only the items in the pack are recovered,

So this brings me to my initial question (I am hoping this can become more of a tips and tricks thread for the game since info is scattered everywhere on the forum)

My wife pick up the rifle and some rifle rounds, equipped it and then died. How long, if ever,videos it typically take to find crucial items like this again? Is the game good about ensuring you will have the necessary tools and equipment to survive, or can you get part way through the game, lose everything and simply be overwhelmed with no chance of continuing forward?
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Once you die, and you dont recover a weapon it will automatically respawn to the area you found it in. But it wont be in the exact spot. It is possible to get through the game without having lots of weapons since youll always have a pistol and cricket bat. Plus, flares and molotovs are probably more useful than a rifle IMO, plus ammo is very scarce for these good weapons anyway. I usually use my cricket bat when im facing one or two zombies, and then use a molotov when there is a horde.

#3 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Once you die, and you dont recover a weapon it will automatically respawn to the area you found it in. But it wont be in the exact spot. It is possible to get through the game without having lots of weapons since youll always have a pistol and cricket bat. Plus, flares and molotovs are probably more useful than a rifle IMO, plus ammo is very scarce for these good weapons anyway. I usually use my cricket bat when im facing one or two zombies, and then use a molotov when there is a horde.

That is good to know about the weapons re-spawing. They aren't always necessary but there are certain situations that its nice to be able to pick off a few stragglers quickly.

Moltov, Flares, and Grenades are great for the more than 2.

It was nice to see it appears upgrades to the pistol are permanent (continue to be on the pistol even though you died) which sure beats trying to find the upgrades again.

#4 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:36 AM

It was nice to see it appears upgrades to the pistol are permanent (continue to be on the pistol even though you died) which sure beats trying to find the upgrades again.

Oh really? I hadnt realised. I havent lost any survivors since i started to upgraded my weapons. Handgun ammo is the most common so im glad that this is the case.

#5 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Any weapons so far that can put a Zombie down in one hit? I was able to take on down in two with the rifle, just picked up the bow but haven't used it yet......

#6 Kermit

Kermit

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

The crossbow will drop them with one shot (to the head) and you can collect the bolt you fired from their body. It's easily my favourite weapon so far. I just found a shotgun but I haven't used it yet.

Wii U - WaxiesDargle / 3DS - 4897-5995-1582

Posted Image

#7 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

That is great to know! Looks like that will be my new favorite weapon!

Anyone else have any good tips or tricks?

Also in buckingham palace when going to get the documents where do you find the pass code for the safe room door?

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 10 December 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Play the King of Zombies local multiplayer mode, it's very good practice :D even though my fiancee has beaten me twice :(

#9 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

That is great to know! Looks like that will be my new favorite weapon!

Anyone else have any good tips or tricks?

Also in buckingham palace when going to get the documents where do you find the pass code for the safe room door?

If its the one i think you are talking about then the code is smeared in blood on the wall next to the keypad. But the last number is missing so you have to use trial and error for the last one.

Edited by Hunter, 11 December 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#10 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

Anyone have any better ways of killing the SWAT zombies....it seems to me the cricket bat is the only effective method but once you get the helmet knocked off (1-2 hits) it still takes several hits to get them down.

One other thing I noticed is the initial intention of buckingham palace seemed to go for supplies and that there would be a lot of weaponry......So far there hasn't been much around(except outside by the turret in the containers but that was mainly turret ammo). I was hoping for an armory or some kind of stockpile.......am I hoping for too much?

#11 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

I just passed that area and havent found much either. And with the SWAT zombies i just swing away with my cricket bat.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:06 AM

Not gonna spoil anything for you guys, but you will find something in the palace.

#13 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

I'm not looking for any spoilers I just wanted to confirm if there was actually some kind of stockpile like has been mentioned.

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:51 AM

I'm not looking for any spoilers I just wanted to confirm if there was actually some kind of stockpile like has been mentioned.

Ok. I can tell you there isnt really a stockpile, no.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Anyone have any better ways of killing the SWAT zombies....it seems to me the cricket bat is the only effective method but once you get the helmet knocked off (1-2 hits) it still takes several hits to get them down.
One other thing I noticed is the initial intention of buckingham palace seemed to go for supplies and that there would be a lot of weaponry......So far there hasn't been much around(except outside by the turret in the containers but that was mainly turret ammo). I was hoping for an armory or some kind of stockpile.......am I hoping for too much?

2 weapons (3 if you count the weapon fpu.d on the way to the palace), and a decent amount of ammo spread around, (no big cache) and a whole lotta traps where you THINK youre about to score big, but get nothing (except dozens of zombis).

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:46 AM

How do you use the spraycan to leave messages? Cant seem to figure it out.

#17 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

You hold the spray button while by a wall (b I think) then choose the 4 characters you want...... That's all I know.

I'm seriously stuck trying to figure out how to get to the Tower of London, I've tried starting from the market streets and heading toward the flats and didn't find another path to take me to the tower.... So I started at the flats heading toward bucking ham and also didn't find an alternate path to lead me to the tower.... No location pops up the objective target to help show where to go I only see it on the map northwest of the flats. Anyone care to tell me where to start to find the tower?

Well I figured out the tower of london, it was a bit counter intuitive.

Just a note for anyone that was wondering the same thing I was about the weapons re-spawning. They do not re-spawn at or near the same area apparently. I picked up the AK in the tower and died with the rifle. I ended up finding it again while going to get gas in an alley. Which is totally random. So my assumption is the only way to find them again is the CCTV? Anyone else know of a better way?

Edited by aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na, 17 December 2012 - 06:53 AM.

#18 Splint

Splint

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Just finished the game last night. I died 3-4 times. 2-3 of those are spoiler-ish so I cant really help with suggestions.

The guns are quite useful in like 3-4 areas but after a while, I mainly stopped using guns and just stuck with running away and killing the zombies that I had to in order to move forward. I could have avoided one or two of the deaths having flares equipped.

#19 Rossco

Rossco

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thinking of E-Shopping this title.

Q1) Can you re-configure the controls? I like to "Turn & Move" with the left stick and "Strafe & Look" with the right.

Q2) Can the Pro controller be use along with the gamepad?
A MAN WHO STANDS FOR NOTHING!

WILL FALL FOR EVERYTHING!

#20 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I haven't tried re configuring the controls so no answer there. The pro controller can only be used in the local multiplayer game and not the actual campaign or survivor mode. (The way the game works you need the game pad for mapping, inventory and scanning.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!