Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:19 PM

Controversial thread! Only mature discussion will be tolerated!

I thought this be an interesting conversation/discussion. How many of you are atheists and when did you find out you were one?

I found out that I was an atheist quite young, I never prayed or went to church. I just never felt a thing such as "God" could exist, it just didn't seem possible to me. Evolution makes much more sense and seems logical, in my opinion of course. None of my family members know, I keep it to myself in order to not make myself seem like an "outcast".

If you're an atheist or want you to share your view points on the discussion, post here! I won't bite!

Edited by Zinix, 11 December 2012 - 08:45 PM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

T_T another Stupid Topic. I understand we all get out of hand somethimes and make stupid threads but at least their game related.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#3 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Im not atheist, though i have an atheist friend and we have these rather long discussions about religion and its quite interesting.I respect peoples beliefs but i hate it when others force it down other peoples throats, be it from either side. heres a question i asked my atheist friend and i want to now what you guys think . what do you think happens to us after we die?

Edited by meitantei_conan, 11 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

POPULAR

I am not an atheist, but I have respect for them if they respect me.
These threads tend to get out of hand quickly. Even for a mature community.

Edited by Dragon, 12 December 2012 - 03:16 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

T_T another Stupid Topic. I understand we all get out of hand somethimes and make stupid threads but at least their game related.

How is this a stupid thread? Just because you can't comprehend some a complex discussion doesn't make it stupid.

Im not atheist, though i have an atheist friend and we have these rather long discussions about religion and its quite interesting.I respect peoples beliefs but i hate it when others force it down other peoples throats, be it from either side. heres a question i asked my atheist friend and i want to now what you guys think . what do you think happens to us after we die?

Well, I believe when we die it's like when we're sleeping, nothing but external darkness. I respect all religion, I just don't like when it's forced down my throat.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#6 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

lol thats almost exactly what my friend said but he thinks "nothingness", and then he goes on ranting about how nothing is something and what not, ya hes weird he tends to think to much XD.

Edited by meitantei_conan, 11 December 2012 - 08:48 PM.

#7 magiciandude

magiciandude

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 759 posts
  • NNID:magiciandude
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, PlayStation

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

I look at a person based on their individuality, not their beliefs or background. Not an atheist btw.

Of Nelson and Murdock. Avocados at law.

Attorney at day, vigilante by night. 

#8 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

So Zinix might I ask you how the earth was created and where all of us incredibly complex people came from?

*anticipating big bang as answer*

So to save a post I shall ask, well how did the big bang happen?

*anticipating something along the lines of 2 atoms collided and caused a massive explosion (or something very similar)*

So I shall ask well where did those atoms (or whatever collided) come from

*your answer here*

Well where did those things come from?

....and we will continue this loop of q&a until you run out of answers and either say "well im not sure" or you would get mad and say "your just a closed minded person who doesnt accept it for what it is"

and then when it gets to that point in the loop of questions and you finally cant answer them anymore then the only logical answer is that some God somewhere that created all this

#9 xMichiyo

xMichiyo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo <3

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:50 PM

I'm an atheist, and pretty much always have been. Religion just never was a part of my life, and I don't see it becoming one. That's all there is to it for me.

#10 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

dis gonna be gud...

im an atheist but i dont feel like arguin with smartasses like the guy from two posts above

Edited by Boo, 11 December 2012 - 09:52 PM.

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#11 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

im an atheist but i dont feel like arguin with smartasses like the guy from two posts above

Nothing like being the stereotypical atheist who avoids all the questions because he simply cannot answer them ;)

#12 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

Well, I like to classify myself as an apathiest or weak atheist, just so I don't attract the wrong crowd; I don't get along with outspoken atheists. But yes, I am an atheist.

I typed out my experiences when I was younger leading up to 2010, but I tried to keep it short... It's still a little long.
Spoiler

I guess I have always been an atheist, but I never really knew it until I was in middle school. It took me until around 2010 to really find my own philosophy of the world. It's a mesh of solipsism, taosim, some Nietsche stuff, and a few other things.

argument

Your argument suffers from the same problem if you use god. Your god must have been created in order to exist. It isn't logical to assume that he/she always existed or to use backwards logic.
In the end, it is impossible to disprove god, but it is even more so to prove him.

#13 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

So Zinix might I ask you how the earth was created and where all of us incredibly complex people came from?

(you cant pretend to know the other person's answer before they actually answer, thats beign condescendent and arrogant)

*anticipating something along the lines of 2 atoms collided and caused a massive explosion (or something very similar)*

(same mistake again)

there are aproximated answers based on science, investigation and experiments

....and we will continue this loop of q&a until you run out of answers and either say "well im not sure"

(actually people who is "not sure" goes with the easy answer "there HAS to be some god, like you do at the end)

or you would get mad and say "your just a closed minded person who doesnt accept it for what it is"

and then when it gets to that point in the loop of questions and you finally cant answer them anymore then the only logical answer is that some God somewhere that created all this

there is no logic at all in that "answer", the reason i didnt want to lose my time with you is because of that arrogant attitude youre showing up here, if you dont like your beliefs to be questioned, stay away, dude...

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#14 DANT3

DANT3

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

The rest of Mitch's post, being cut down to save space.

The only problem with this view on things is that can easily go both ways, and it is close-minded. How was that God created? Why was that God created? Why would a God create us? How would a God create us? It's not fair to pick apart one idea like that and then instantly claim the other is right because of "logic" or anything of the sort.

If you ask me, I'd say that 'the divine' and science are one in the same.

#15 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Nothing like being the stereotypical atheist who avoids all the questions because he simply cannot answer them

also, if by "answering", you mean "god did" we got a problem here

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#16 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

i live by so called "Noble morals" i don't believe in religion and i think that alot of our societies values and view points are corrupt and distorted....over all i'm just an open minded person i guess i could be considered a little atheist since i believe the majority of the worlds problems are caused by religion.

wjapt2.jpg

#17 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

*your answer here*
....and we will continue this loop of q&amp;a until you run out of answers and either say "well im not sure" or you would get mad and say "your just a closed minded person who doesnt accept it for what it is"

Like if we knew all the answers to all science questions(thats why science exists) and where did that god came from?

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

*your answer here*

....and we will continue this loop of q&a until you run out of answers and either say "well im not sure" or you would get mad and say "your just a closed minded person who doesnt accept it for what it is"

I could ask you a bunch of mindless questions about "God" existing, but there's no need for that, now is there? Like someone else stated, if you cannot handle the fact there's people out there that refuse to believe in a "God' then stay out of the thread. All you're going to do is cause arguments and issues between members, which isn't necessary If I wanted to, I could debunk your entire argument, but I won't.

Believing in a supernatural being living in the clouds is extremely ridiculous (IMO) and religion in many countries is the cause of wars, bigotry, and pure hate. That's just my view on religion of course, I'm not trying to change anyone's stance on religion.

Edited by Zinix, 11 December 2012 - 10:21 PM.

#19 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

there is no logic at all in that "answer", the reason i didnt want to lose my time with you is because of that arrogant attitude youre showing up here, if you dont like your beliefs to be questioned, stay away, dude...

Never once did i say I cared if my beliefs were questioned by you? go ahead question away, Lol the purpose of this thread was to create controversy and discussion not for all the atheists to have their own little thread where they gather and drink tea while they talk about the weather

The only problem with this view on things is that can easily go both ways, and it is close-minded. How was that God created? Why was that God created? Why would a God create us? How would a God create us? It's not fair to pick apart one idea like that and then instantly claim the other is right because of "logic" or anything of the sort.

If you ask me, I'd say that 'the divine' and science are one in the same.

Well if you at least say there is some form of god (any religion god )then that eliminates the "where did he come from", "where did we come from", "how did that god get here" questions because he is a god so he would be all powerful and have existed forever and created everything, The god isnt held to the same standards as the atoms that magically popped out of thin air and crashed into each other.

I could ask you a bunch of mindless questions about "God" existing, but there's no need for that, now is there? Like someone else stated, if you cannot handle the fact there's people out there that refuse to believe in a "God' then stay out of the thread. All you're going to do is cause arguments and issues between members, which isn't necessary If I wanted to, I could debunk your entire argument, but I won't.

So you make a thread about atheism... then you say "controversial thread".... then you actually have someone post something in your thread that doesnt go along with atheism... so you say get out?...

I could care less about what everyone else here beliefs..If you wanna be a christian or an atheist or a muslim or worship that flying spaghetti monster then by all means go ahead... All I wanted, was to hear from the point of view of an atheist why their "religion" is correct... but to say "Hes ignorant" or "hes an idiot" and then not say anyyyyything at all to back why any of the core fundamentals of atheism is even remotely plausible is just incredibly hypocritical

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 11 December 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#20 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

Never once did i say I cared if my beliefs were questioned by you? go ahead question away, Lol the purpose of this thread was to create controversy and discussion not for all the atheists to have their own little thread where they gather and drink tea while they talk about the weather

Well if you at least say there is some form of god (any religion god )then that eliminates the "where did he come from", "where did we come from", "how did that god get here" questions because he is a god so he would be all powerful and have existed forever and created everything, The god isnt held to the same standards as the atoms that magically popped out of thin air and crashed into each other.

You seem to missed the original purpose of this thread. The purpose of this thread was to discuss your views on atheism. Nowhere in this thread did I state that people of different religions beliefs weren't welcome. Obviously you aren't mature enough to handle a thread such as this, because it seems the whole subject offended you. You're the only who seems to one want to get into an argument, and before you arrived nobody was fighting.

You're the source of the controversy in this thread and I wish a moderator would respect my wishes and ban you from participating here until you do a little growing up. Stop being so egotistical. Your original post came off as very arrogant and rude.

Edited by Zinix, 11 December 2012 - 10:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!