Photo

Zombie U Two, What would you add/change to the Game ?

ZombieU

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 TigerKraw

TigerKraw

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD,Halo,Farcry,Nintendo

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

There seems to be a bit of a cult following for this Game, If they bring out another Zombie U, What would you add or change to the game?

My thoughts maybe a larger selection of melee weapons, such as axes,golf clubs,shovels etc, Gives the user some choice of melee weapons.

I've been watching a lot of Zombie U on YouTube, (still saving up for my Wii U),  and find it very entertaining, even found myself jumping, when a zombie

comes out of nowhere.

You thoughts on what should be in zombie U 2 would be most appreciated. :)
Posted Image

#2 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Graphics need to be improved drastically, it's not a pretty game by any means. Cut out dumb uses for the gamepad, and focus on the ones that work well. Make me care about each survivor so that each one I lose stings a little bit. More interesting story, scarier if possible. Add more uses for gamepad. It's a really good base for a franchise though. I love it.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#3 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

I can`t give you a very accurate answer but, by judging the trailers and the bit of walkthrough footage I`ve watched, I`m pretty satisfied now.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#4 starraters

starraters

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

Multiplayer

#5 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

Online multiplayer. From what I've seen online, it appears the game would be better as an open world game. To me, it seems very linear, I like more choices. It would make more sense for upgrades ect. I'd also like for them to change the setting. Maybe next time NYC gets infected?

As others have said, graphics need to be improved.

Edited by Colinx, 12 December 2012 - 08:32 PM.

2lvmghw.png

#6 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

More user friendly interfaces. It's annoying that the game utilises the Gamepad a little too much for my liking.

It also wouldn't hurt to have stronger melee weapons available throughout the game. A fireman's axe, a Japanese sword in some rich guy's house, a crowbar or even a chainsaw (which seems overpowered until you consider noise factor) would be nice to have throughout the game.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#7 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

I believe there was a thread like this already.
But mainly i would just want some online play. It can.just be fighting a wave of zombies with some online buddies. Nothing to big.
Also need better bats.aybe some knifes to cut off an arm or 2.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#8 TigerKraw

TigerKraw

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD,Halo,Farcry,Nintendo

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thanks for the answers
Multiplayer Sounds like a great idea, and Sorry I didn't realise there was another thread on this topic :(
Posted Image

#9 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Less predictable enemy placement (is often the same on future playthroughs), more gameplay variety, more melee weapons (and possible weapon degradation , the ability to play as a a zombie on another person game online, online multiplayer modes (including surviving against waves of enemies), better graphics and an open world would be awesome to.

#10 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:31 AM

A lot of what people are suggesting are things which wouldnt suit this game IMO. If you want chainsaws, better weapons etc. you should just play something like Resident Evil although golf clubs and knives would be good.

And i dont want online multiplayer, the only changes to the current multiplayer i would like to see are having more than just 2 players playing at once. Why do people expect games to have online multiplayer these days?

An improvement in graphics would be nice, although im not that bothered about it really.

Basically, i want it to continue as a survival horror game and i dont want it to become an action game. Keeping it set in the UK will allow there to be a good reason for less weapons and ammo which IMO makes the game less action packed and more Survival Horror. I really love this game and dont want them to change a lot of it, i do agree that a more interesting story and more insight into your survivors personality would add something to the game though.

Cut out dumb uses for the gamepad, and focus on the ones that work well.

What do you feel are dumb uses of the gamepad?

#11 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Online multiplayer. From what I've seen online, it appears the game would be better as an open world game. To me, it seems very linear, I like more choices. It would make more sense for upgrades ect. I'd also like for them to change the setting. Maybe next time NYC gets infected?

As others have said, graphics need to be improved.

This

Also maybe some 2 player Co-Op locally one using the gamepad screen and the other using the TV but double or triple the amount of zombies or just make them more powerful.

#12 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Also maybe some 2 player Co-Op locally one using the gamepad screen and the other using the TV but double or triple the amount of zombies or just make them more powerful.

Do you mean Co op story mode with tons of powerful zombies? That (I hope) will never happen.

#13 aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

aMaG1CaLmAnG1Na

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:55 AM

I would love a 2 player co-op option to go through the story. That would allow me to play through the game with my wife or a friend online instead of just sitting there watching each other play.

Here would be my wish list:

1. Different Melee weapons (the strongest should still require at least 2 hits to put a zombie down)
2. Add some sort of armory that is not required to get through the story and difficult to get to (must get through a lot of zombies) but is a big payoff.
3. Some graphical enhancements (though I don't find the current graphics that bad)
4. Change the zombie AI a bit, allow you to sneak up on them, make them less predictable
5. Add a physical quick change button that will allow you to switch from the melee weapon to the pistol without looking down at the game pad (I like the rest of the game pad functionality)
CURRENTLY PLAYING: ZombiU, Black Ops 2, Super Mario Bros U, Sonic Transformed

#14 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

I would like to see more variety in the way different survivors perform based on their walk of life. For instance the cop should be a much better shot than the accountant. There should be a fat slob that doesn't excel at anything or an athlete that can run faster and has better endurance than the others. They could get really creative with their characters and we would be more invested in them. Also, there should be more weapons, but not necessarily traditional ones. You should be able to pick up things like screwdrivers or garden tools and use them as melee weapons if you want.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 13 December 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#15 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:41 AM

Graphics need to be improved drastically, it's not a pretty game by any means. Cut out dumb uses for the gamepad, and focus on the ones that work well. Make me care about each survivor so that each one I lose stings a little bit. More interesting story, scarier if possible. Add more uses for gamepad. It's a really good base for a franchise though. I love it.

I disagree about the graphics. Scarier, yes. Always!

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

A lot of what people are suggesting are things which wouldnt suit this game IMO. If you want chainsaws, better weapons etc. you should just play something like Resident Evil although golf clubs and knives would be good.

And i dont want online multiplayer, the only changes to the current multiplayer i would like to see are having more than just 2 players playing at once. Why do people expect games to have online multiplayer these days?

An improvement in graphics would be nice, although im not that bothered about it really.

Basically, i want it to continue as a survival horror game and i dont want it to become an action game. Keeping it set in the UK will allow there to be a good reason for less weapons and ammo which IMO makes the game less action packed and more Survival Horror. I really love this game and dont want them to change a lot of it, i do agree that a more interesting story and more insight into your survivors personality would add something to the game though.

tapping on a static picture.

Let me tell you how barricades USED to work.

You push the a button next to a door, you motion control the plank against the wall, you manuever it until you have it across the wall and the door, them you tap on the board on the touch screen to drive in nails.

They changed it to tap a bunch of times on a static picture.

For virucide, tapping on a static picture.

Its just little details that make a big difference.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Online multiplayer/co-op, local co-op, a few more melee weapons, less grunting (playing as a woman in this game annoys me, the neighbours probably think I'm getting it on with some prostitute when they don't shut the hell up with every swing of the bat.) The ability to crouch/lay down, peeking around corners and more interactive objects.

#18 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:48 PM

I disagree about the graphics. Scarier, yes. Always!

ZombiU looks worse then most early xbox games. It's pretty ugly. They can push the hardware much farther. I don't blame them because it's a launch game and they are a small team, but I look forward to the future.

A few of them just seem forced, the tapping on doors to remove barricades, using turrets, etc. I think for the most part it uses the gamepad quite well, and is a blessing amidst a sea of games that don't use it at all. I'm so happy someone decided to innovate right out the gate, but I do think that a few of the uses are forced.

Edited by Mensrea, 13 December 2012 - 04:51 PM.

A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

MOAR WEAPONS!

#20 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:27 AM

A few of them just seem forced, the tapping on doors to remove barricades, using turrets, etc. I think for the most part it uses the gamepad quite well, and is a blessing amidst a sea of games that don't use it at all. I'm so happy someone decided to innovate right out the gate, but I do think that a few of the uses are forced.

Ah yeah i see what you mean now. The tapping doors is a small issue but it is pretty dumb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!