Photo

Sonic Racing transformed...ahh brings me back to the 90s... :' )

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Anyone else pick this game up?

I never really considered it until I played it at a friends house. I must say it's my most played title out of the three I have(Nintendoland/NSMB/+sonic).

Even If I had other games like AC3 and BLOPS2 I'm sure I would be playing this game more. I think it deserves more attention.

The gameplay is fantastic. Each form of vehicle has its own feel to and everything flows nicely. The music remixes in it are amazing especially if you're a sega fan. The fan service they give in this game it's just so much.

If anyone is a fan of karting games and sega, pick this game up now!

I already put 17 hours into and Ive only had it for 3/4 days. There's so much to do in it and unlock things. As well as multiplayer modes online. I only wish they have included voice chat but this might come up in a patch.

Just need more people online play it!

Happy to have this in my collection and is some of the most fun I've had playing game since the experiences in the 90s playing classic sega arcade games and the likes of that.

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

i really want to get this game it looks so awesome and great for the price

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:24 PM

I ended up picking it up for buy one get one 50% off at toys r us. They might still be doing that.

I promise you if you're a fan of sega and karting games, this is a must own!

One of the best karting games made. I guess you cant just call it a kart game though since some levels you fly and drive a boat(mind you that you do all three in the race). The flying feels great and driving a boat feels like playing hydro thunder. Very fun.

What's great too is the game depends more on your driving skills then using items. It isn't clustered with things flying everywhere so you're not always feeling that uneasy tension in mario kart games. It takes more skill.

I remember reading that people who helped develop pure and project gotham racing worked on this game.

Edited by wiiufoo, 12 December 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

I play a lot of this - my Sega fanboyism is on cloud 9 at the moment lol
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 OneManTagTeam

OneManTagTeam

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I played the demo on PS3 and really enjoyed it, so I got in for the Wii U yesterday after trading in Far Cry 3 when I got the platinum trophy.

Can't play it until Christmas though :(

#6 CrustyTbone

CrustyTbone

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:22 AM

Anyone else pick this game up?

I never really considered it until I played it at a friends house. I must say it's my most played title out of the three I have(Nintendoland/NSMB/+sonic).

Even If I had other games like AC3 and BLOPS2 I'm sure I would be playing this game more. I think it deserves more attention.

You have the same first 3 games as me. I'm addicted to this game....... it's not easy either, it does take a lot of skill!

I've only had it for 3 days but I'm really struggling on getting any Gold medals & winning races on hard mode in World Tour or in Grand Prix and although I have read how to boost at the start I can't do that consistently either. I seem to be able to win OK on Silver / Medium difficulty I just can't achieve that step up yet.

I'd sure appreciate some advice on technique. :D

#7 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:27 AM

^^^

I rarely get the boost at the start as well. Never read how to do that. It comes down to being able to do chains of combos with boosting. Always drift when possible and try to chain together that with the boost pads on the ground as well as knowing parts where to do flips to get more boost. Drifting while flying is probably the toughest to pull-off(depending on the track lay-out) so that makes a big difference as well.

Also try to spread out your drift boosts with any ground boosts. If you overlap them I believe it's a waste(I think...). So make sure you time it where you drift boost is pretty much all out before you hit a boost pad so you're chaining them together. Always hope to hear the announce yell, "Super chain", or is it "Super combo"? Can't remember right now...

It also helps being good at using your items especially while looking behind you. Also, it shows which items your foes have in the race so always pay attention to that and make sure to be cautious of whatever item that is.

Edited by wiiufoo, 13 December 2012 - 06:29 AM.

#8 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:42 AM

Demo is up on the Nintendo EShop in NoA

#9 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:21 AM

Picked it up at launch and put about 30 hours in so far . Unlocked every character and working up to that last mod . Im a bug kart racing fan so I split time with Mario kart wii and this, but both are fantastic to me and that I would buy an ost for tmsonic transformed any day

#10 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

^^^

I rarely get the boost at the start as well. Never read how to do that.

tap accelerate each time the screen goes black on the countdown. it goes "3 -tap- 2 -tap- 1 -tap and hold- GO!"

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I agree it's an awesome game love it :D

#12 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

Ordered this game on futureshop. I liked the race offered in the demo. However, the fact that I only have Sonic, I couldn't get through the Demo's Boost Mode challenge.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

I played the demo and after playing the demo, I will be buying the full version. It and Scribblenauts Unlimited are the two best Wii U games I've played.

#14 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Everyone who has played this game seems to enjoy it a lot. I was considering buying it after christmas since it is a good price but now ive decided ill definitely be picking it up.

#15 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:36 AM

I'm not in love with the Gyro controls of the game, but I am getting better at them. Can you adjust the sensitivity in the full game? Since it's the only racer on the Wii U I'm definitely getting it.

LordPickleton.png

#16 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:25 AM

Both you guys and miiverse are very positive about this game.

My boy loves sonic, mostly via his cartoons via netflix (adventures of sonic the hedgehog, not sonic the hedgeog, lol, Robotnik not being a complete clown scares him in the original series), low and behold his surprise when he found out he has games. I downloaded the demo and if he likes this Ill probably get it.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#17 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

What does the Gamepad bring to the experience? Any reason to get in on Wii U over 360/PS3?

#18 parasiteeve9

parasiteeve9

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

I bought this game the day after getting my wii u and i really like it. :D

Edited by parasiteeve9, 14 December 2012 - 01:22 PM.

#19 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:35 PM

Wow, sega is not good.This whole time I thought it was sonic racing transformed. Yet another lame-o sonic racing game.

Yet when i boot up the demo, what do see? what do i hear?

Freaking panzer dragoon and mother flipping golden axe?

WHAT? I thought this was sonic all stars racing transformed, a game starring all those horrible sonic characters people wish would just dissapear.

No, their is a teeny tiny ampersand in the logo, underneath the obnoxiously gigantic sonic.

Its sonic AND Allstars.

Sega, for the love of cheese, just call it segas all stars.

i must have this now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#20 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

What does the Gamepad bring to the experience? Any reason to get in on Wii U over 360/PS3?

The Gamepad displays a map, which is bittersweet - cool/awesome but at the same time, the game moves so fast, it's hard to look at it.

Edited by PotatoHog, 14 December 2012 - 02:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!