stevenk

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • NNID:stevenke1
  • Fandom:
    pokemon cod mario zelda metroid

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

since the xbox 360 has lanched we have seen many os changes do you think this will happen to the wii u and if it does what do you want added or removed

Edited by stevenk, 15 December 2012 - 11:07 PM.

#2 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

This is actually a good thread. I love the interface, I wish it was faster though.

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:53 AM

Nope. They never changed the wii one so I doubt they will change the wii u os.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

Maybe if there will be some revolutionairy OS for the other nextgen consoles that fans will beg Nintendo for using.. except for that, just minor changes.
No sig.

#5 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hmmm i doubt it but all i want is for nintendo to make the load screens faster and possibly make the Miiverse customizable with different floor colors like maybe in black and maybe like a disco color changing floor or just something to make it more fun to look at and whatnot.
Posted Image

#6 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:56 AM

Pretty sure Nintendo are so backward that the menu can't possibly be changed.
That's why pressing the home button in Wii games always looked the same.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#7 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

Nope. They never changed the wii one so I doubt they will change the wii u os.

That was because the Wii was barely able to handle any large downloads.

2lvmghw.png

#8 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't understand why Xbox changed so much over the years. I can see it changing a little bit, but not too much.

#9 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have a theory as to why the OS is so slow, but I can't test it because I can't afford to buy the adapter that would probably fix things.

My theory is the long load times are due to communication between the Wii U and a Nintendo server. What happens is that the Wii U actually loads the new menu info from a server and then allows you to interact with it. If this is true then to reduce load times you would need a faster Internet connection, which you can obtain through the Wii USB LAN Adaper.

If anyone here has an adapter laying around, and you feel like testing my theory, then please let me know how it turned out for you.

Edited by Phanto, 16 December 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#10 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

I got the LAN adapter and mine is still slow

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

I have a theory as to why the OS is so slow, but I can't test it because I can't afford to buy the adapter that would probably fix things.
My theory is the long load times are due to communication between the Wii U and a Nintendo server. What happens is that the Wii U actually loads the new menu info from a server and then allows you to interact with it. If this is true then to reduce load times you would need a faster Internet connection, which you can obtain through the Wii USB LAN Adaper.
If anyone here has an adapter laying around, and you feel like testing my theory, then please let me know how it turned out for you.

The Wii U OS is stored locally on the internal storage and doesn't require an Internet connection. If that was the case then anyone without an Internet connection would be seriously out of luck.

#12 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

The Wii U OS is stored locally on the internal storage and doesn't require an Internet connection. If that was the case then anyone without an Internet connection would be seriously out of luck.

Yes, this is true. I still believe there is some network communication if you do have an Internet connection. I could still be wrong.

#13 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Ah it's pretty basic and gets the job done. The nds line hasn't changed so I don't think the wii u will change.
All I want is for it to be faster.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#14 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yes, this is true. I still believe there is some network communication if you do have an Internet connection. I could still be wrong.

If anything is slowing down based off internet wise it would be due to a possible feeding of Miiverse. I mean you're downloading small text based data, but also Mii character data. Yet the overall OS is not internet based. In terms of what may slow down on hardware aspects is the constant actions of said Mii's walking around, text bubbles constantly popping up, and other little minor things. Yet it still hopefully if coded in a reasonable manner (as in not thousands of lines of code to produce a single action) it should not be the issue causing the slow loading.

The nds line hasn't changed so I don't think the wii u will change.

NDS Phat basically had nothing to go off of. Not even an eShop or anything. Then here comes upgrades and a DSi adding a shop to see a drastic change in the layout. DSi and 3DS have upgradable firmware, online store, and a method screen management. While previous Nintendo DS products were locked to no upgrades, no store, and you had to deal with the old crappy layout. Yet nothing to download so not like you had to really customize stuff I guess. That and it was all changing during hardware upgrades sadly. Shame Nintendo likes to do this whole force you to upgrade mentality all these years. Hopefully with upgrades it changes a little, but whom is to say what Nintendo will do come whatever the new handheld device is after the 3DS/XL series.

----
As far as tweaking goes I would love to see an easier & quicker method for friend requests. Yet Nintendo just copied their 3DS design in terms of friends list and shoved a lot of the crap into Miiverse. I really do not see the logic behind it when your online gaming. You can clearly see Nintendo either just rushed this crappy 3DS tweak OS out or just clearly do not know what the ideal convenient and/or logical placement of things should be when completing an simple task. You're always jumping through hopes to do every simple thing possible on every other platform. Even deleting applications your jumping around like you do on a 3DS. Seriously, this is just a hack & slashed 3DS OS when it comes down to it.

#15 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:56 AM

They very well may do, over the Wii U's lifespan I'm expecting may OS changes don't get me wrong though I won't be dissapointed if it dosn't change, I do like it just the way it is.

#16 Lunity

Lunity

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

Im not a huge fan of the Wii U OS its slow and the Im not a fan of the layout its not as bad as the PS3 layout wise thats just terrible but really think that both consoles should be looking at xbox live yes they charge but Ninetendo should at least take some idears from Microsoft

Edited by Lunity, 19 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#17 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

internet shoulld not be nessarsary for loading. internet based function on the main menu should be loading in the background when teh menu is already up, the operating system supposingly needs to GB of ram. id want a simple(but capable) operating system for the consule, to researve the rest of the power for games/software(stuff like netflex counts as games/software). if there is background capable systems, then have them be a override option avaliable to developers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!