• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 RGKID144

RGKID144

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:55 AM

Honestly, im in love with my U......BUT theposter made some reallyyyyy reallyyy good points as far as what im looking for in the system. I wish more than ANYTHING It had normal voice chat, and wasnt such a process. Like you said, being able to voice chat while keeping the map on the gamepad.....it jsut makes no sense to me why you cant.....and not being able to chat while playing a game like NSMBU just baffles my mind. I get that they want people to be playing live, but for the love of Ray J they put out a next generation console, and you cant voicechat at all times? jeez.....

With that being said, As I mentioned, I LOVE my U, and I think it is in soooo many ways exactly what I wanted, and a MAJOR step up for my liking from the Wii. That system was just not good imo. The nunchuck didnt do it for me. I think people like us just need to do what we can with the voice chat, and be happy we at least have it for blops at all on a nintendo system.

#22 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

I am loving my WiiU, but I do see his point about the controllers. When I first fired up NSMBU and realized that my GF and I were forced to use Wii remotes to play co-op I went from totally baffled to pretty pissed. I know that Ninty marches to the beat of their own drummer, but not being able to use their own new first party peripheral(pro controller) to play their own new first party release was either greedy or lazy. In my case it meant that I had to keep my two Wii remotes just for Mario, and I had every intention of selling my Wii with games and controllers. So now my 5 year old niece and nephew are getting a very nice Xmas hand me down.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#23 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

does it really matter why u returned it, u returned it we have ours thats all that matters.

#24 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:39 AM

First I am not going to change your mind your point is your point and no one should argue with you.

I Love my wii u and the only things I would change is

1 better battery life
2 fast menu load times

I think nintendo are really on to somthing with this 2 screens but it is down to developers to make good use of it.
for example when people read they like to have screens near to them I.E tablets computer screens they dont try to read from across the room because of strain on the eyes ?

Now when it comes to movies they like to have a screen as large as possible and looking at it from the room

Now if I was making COD 4 you and knowing what I have just said I would use the gaming pad only for when you need to read and customising your character

it would not change the way you play in an extrordainary way but its these little things that can add some depth to the game.

and as for your miis not having more custom options ?

well you just need a little more imagination, My mii has athletes foot and is dyslexic :D

#25 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

These were valid points but I wouldn't consider selling my Wii U just because of them. Yeah the Xbox 360 has more games but just Nintendo some time and Im sure the install base will only get better as will the library of games available. I personally am mostly looking forward to first party Nintendo games anyways so no big deal.

#26 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I think the biggest problem is people thinking the wii u was going to replace all there other consoles, Even once the new xbox and playstation come out. If you want all the features like cross game chat etc etc, To me i have always thought of the Wii U as just a console for solid games, Mario,Zelda etc. If i want to sit down and play COD with friends and chat with ease, Then you really need to purchase another console. As i really cant see Nintendo putting in the solid effort to make the online features on par with the other console. Yes they are improving with it, But i dont see it becoming equal or better than what ever microsoft or sony bring to the table.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#27 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Dudes first post and its nothing but crying... Ive been without a tablet for 2 weeks due to repair. Im not crying about it. BUT i do have wiimotes an classic controllers :)

So we cant swear on here? it changed my swear word to "mother dodging" lol

Edited by Jeremygts, 21 December 2012 - 09:24 AM.

#28 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

Returned it? Should have sold it on.Ebay. Would have made a profit.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#29 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:58 AM

3) ***Too many controllers: This was probably the overriding factor for my return. I couldn't stand the fact that different games use different controllers. If any of you are like me, I strongly disliked the wii mote and anything that had to do with the old wii system. What I wanted out of it was mainly to use a more gamer controller, i.e. the newly released pro controller, and was super excited Nintendo was making one. The issue I kept running into, however, was that certain games required this controller, certain games required this attachment, blah blah. This made me incredibly frustrated. I found it completely unacceptable that their new pro controller was not fully supported by all the new wii u games when it could have been. I feared a future where this issue would repeatedly come about, forcing me to always switch controllers and never really get used to one.

This ^, If it's made only for 3rd party games then I won't be using it seeing as how ill be playing my multiplats on other consoles...

#30 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:48 AM

have you even seen what the xbox 360 ui looked like when it first came out...

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#31 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

This isn't a rant nor anything along those lines, I just wish to express my experience with the console and hear other's opinions.

I enjoyed my wii u for the first few days, I will not deny it. The gamepad was pretty cool, and the system seemed to work nicely. However, this enjoyment slowly faded day by day, and this is why:

1) Gamepad: Maybe it was just me, but I found it to be more of a hassle to use more than anything else. For instance, when playing COD, I literally never used it to view the entire map. It's just too difficult in gameplay to look down at a screen. The only benefit of this was playing in bed, which I did enjoy.

2) Bland interface: Granted this can get updated over time, it just seemed really boring, even for a new release. I was expecting more customizing with your mii's, something more along the lines of 360, to really give a personal feel to the console and enhance the community.

3) ***Too many controllers: This was probably the overriding factor for my return. I couldn't stand the fact that different games use different controllers. If any of you are like me, I strongly disliked the wii mote and anything that had to do with the old wii system. What I wanted out of it was mainly to use a more gamer controller, i.e. the newly released pro controller, and was super excited Nintendo was making one. The issue I kept running into, however, was that certain games required this controller, certain games required this attachment, blah blah. This made me incredibly frustrated. I found it completely unacceptable that their new pro controller was not fully supported by all the new wii u games when it could have been. I feared a future where this issue would repeatedly come about, forcing me to always switch controllers and never really get used to one.

Even in a world where it was only the gamepad and wii u pro controller, I still would find it frustrating. Your hands don't adjust when jumping from the gamepad to the pro quick enough. For instance, playing cod on the gamepad I eventually got used to, but once I made the switch, it would take me a good game or two to get the feel for the smaller layout.

So, at the end of the day, I returned the wii u and picked up a 360. It gives me comfort that everyone can only use one type of controller, and it will work with everything out there. Not to mention, there's a huge mic issue with the wii u, where its only on the gamepad, which isn't an issue with the 360.

Your loss. However I guarantee you will live to regret it.

Have fun with your overheating and and numbered system.

Good points if you ask me, you will definately enjoy your 360 more. Such a huge catalog of games.

Why do Xbox fanboys still come to this site?

Signature_DK.png

#32 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

The 360 has way more years and it's whole interface are updates. If the Wii U miis get updates it will be cool.

#33 Bunkei

Bunkei

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

I'm not too worried about the slow loading menus and no universal voicechat. I'm sure they will be patched in at a later date. I do agree that it was absolutely baffling that Nintendo's own Pro Controller is not compatible with SMBU. Make your voices heard so going forward the Pro Controller will be compatible with subsequent titles whenever possible.

#34 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

The 360 has way more years and it's whole interface are updates. If the Wii U miis get updates it will be cool.

Except the Xbox 360 LAUNCHED with a very good UI and a lot of functionality the Wii U is missing.

One of those features was cross-game voice chat, which has pretty much become its biggest definiting feature compared to PS3. This is why many of us are baffled that Nintendo omitted that feature. We understand why PS3 didn't get it, its a hardware problem due to not enough RAM allocated to the OS. However the Wii U has no excuses with its huge allocation of RAM to the OS.

Also the loading speed again its just plain mental. Why can a cheap Android tablet jump from app to app near instantly, but the Wii U take 6 seconds to bring up the friends list and 10 seconds to load Miiverse. If they are going to make out seamlessly jumping from games into the web browser and Miiverse as such a key feature, it doesn't FEEL seamless if it doesn't happen damn near instantly.

I'm glad I have the Wii U, I'm sure I will use it a lot more later on when more games come out. But I strongly feel it deserves a LOT of criticism for how Nintendo completely failed to deliver a console close to what was promised.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#35 Tom

Tom

The Unicorn

• Members
  • 877 posts
  • NNID:IAmTom
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Basically the same thing happened with my brother when he bought the 3DS. His body wasn't ready for it, and it was merely an impulse buy.

Some people's bodies simply are not quite ready for the WiiU, and it results in people being super dissatisfied when they buy the WiiU on impulse and then the hype really dies down.

Maybe when your body is finally ready or if a super swish exclusive game comes out, you'll rethink your decision.

"I'M NOT BEING PESSIMISTIC, I'M BEING REALISTIC." - EVERY PESSIMIST EVER.

#36 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 AM

I'm sorry you feel this way, but just wait until all we Nintendo Fanboys are playing Zelda/Smash Bros. in HD...you'll regret it:) I hope...

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:23 PM

LMFAO at your pic Galaga.

Signature_DK.png

#38 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think the Wii U interface is very nice. Simple and elegant. But I don't like flashy so maybe that is why.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#39 dvl666

dvl666

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:46 AM

I've found after having my WiiU a couple of weeks it sits nicely alongside my other consoles, at the end of the day its all down to personal preference, i said to my mate that ZombiU had great atmosphere and he thought it was boring! so its horses for courses, you know what you're buying into when you get a Nintendo console these days, great first party games (which is mostly why i bought it) and some hit and miss third party ones!

#40 henda1

henda1

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:52 AM

Look i don't mean to have a go at the original poster but i've had an XBOX since day 1, then a 360 since day one. I love the 360 don't get me wrong, and i've never been a fan of the wii, but i enjoy the wii u, it has really good prospects if they decide to go in the right direct with it. Taking it back to the shop is a step to far in my eyes, at least give it a proper chance, let some more games be manufactured and release and then it'll take off. Its an enjoyable console, especially if your parter is watching her soap programmes lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!