#21 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:51 AM

This looks to be cool. I can see alot of people using this during the College Football Bowl games.

#22 bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Fandom:
    COD, Mario Kart,

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

what time is it being turned on? I turned on my wii u at 730 and didnt ask for update and the messae nintendo tcii will be available in december message was still coming up
Posted Image

#23 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

what time is it being turned on? I turned on my wii u at 730 and didnt ask for update and the messae nintendo tcii will be available in december message was still coming up

it probley would have been the last update.

#24 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:53 AM

it probley would have been the last update.

?

There is no exact time as to when the TVii service will be available. When you start the TVii app, you will probably be prompted to update the app, which will then give you access to it. Could be available at 9am, could be available at 9pm.

#25 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

at 11:59PM, right before the world ends.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#26 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:19 AM

teaser

I assume it will be 12PM EST (9AMPST

teaser

I assume it will be 12PM EST (9AMPST

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#27 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:00 PM

I am using the TVii service right now. It is pretty neat.

#28 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

I used it and it was just as I thought, sort of useless. (Whom was it that said it would stream TV from another room to your Wii U? I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. :P Okay, time to be sort of serious. xD) Yeah, I can turn on my console to have it change channels for me when my remote can do the same thing. I really do not see the value in wasting electricity having a console on to watch something being provided from my receiver. Hooray, I can post comments on Miiverse, Twitter, or Facebook while watching TV. Yet if I wanted to do that I could just use my computer or cellphone for the two if I had accounts for either & soon enough use Miiverse on either device as well. (More so my cellphone if I was going to use anything to post considering it is always on ready for a call or quick searches out and about) I guess, the only benefit would be someone cyber stalking you of what shows your watching? Though if the show is live with no advertisements are you really going to look away if you're interested in said show? Seems more like a distraction & utterly useless when watching television in my opinion.

I honestly hope it supports DirecTV s that is really all I use.

Yes it supports DirecTV channels.

#29 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Thank God I'm not nearly as needy as half of you guys - I'd be stressed out all the time then. I find the types of things people care this deeply about disturbing. I'd also like to point out that this is first and foremost a gaming machine, everything else is secondary and just extra bells and whistles. Most things don't have simultaneous releases around the world, why? I don't know - different rules in different Countries probably.

Then why have Nintendo decided to take on the mammoth task and fail at it so badly?
They're a company who said their product would be great and have all these features. Is it wrong for consumers to get those promised features and expect a competent service?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#30 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Then why have Nintendo decided to take on the mammoth task and fail at it so badly?
They're a company who said their product would be great and have all these features. Is it wrong for consumers to get those promised features and expect a competent service?

They didn't break their promise, I don't recall hearing all features available at launch of TVii - they are still coming.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#31 LeagueMaker

LeagueMaker

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

I used it and it was just as I thought, sort of useless. (Whom was it that said it would stream TV from another room to your Wii U? I told you so. I told you so. I told you so. :P Okay, time to be sort of serious. xD) Yeah, I can turn on my console to have it change channels for me when my remote can do the same thing. I really do not see the value in wasting electricity having a console on to watch something being provided from my receiver. Hooray, I can post comments on Miiverse, Twitter, or Facebook while watching TV. Yet if I wanted to do that I could just use my computer or cellphone for the two if I had accounts for either & soon enough use Miiverse on either device as well. (More so my cellphone if I was going to use anything to post considering it is always on ready for a call or quick searches out and about) I guess, the only benefit would be someone cyber stalking you of what shows your watching? Though if the show is live with no advertisements are you really going to look away if you're interested in said show? Seems more like a distraction & utterly useless when watching television in my opinion.

Yes it supports DirecTV channels.

I don't know about you but I'd rather have everything on one screen/remote. Why would I not take advantage of the opportunity to meld all my devices into one user interface. I can now seemlessly switch from Netflix to TV to searching the internet, to Hulu. This sounds like a great bonus to the Wii U, it doesnt need it for me to get a Wii U but I'll take it.

#32 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:10 PM

They didn't break their promise, I don't recall hearing all features available at launch of TVii - they are still coming.

nothing is ever fully/properly/100%ily available at launch on Nintendo platforms.
We should get used to that, or they could try to improve their development.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#33 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

nothing is ever fully/properly/100%ily available at launch on Nintendo platforms.
We should get used to that, or they could try to improve their development.

I guess if my choice is to deal with that or deal with constant RRoD's and replacing 3 different xbox360 systems...I will take this lol
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#34 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

I guess if my choice is to deal with that or deal with constant RRoD's and replacing 3 different xbox360 systems...I will take this lol

It is a better deal than the 360.
I can't imagine microsoft not learning from that though, can you say the same for Nintendo? 3DS to Wii U, no. Maybe next time?

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#35 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:51 PM

It is a better deal than the 360.
I can't imagine microsoft not learning from that though, can you say the same for Nintendo? 3DS to Wii U, no. Maybe next time?

I don't know, I want to hope the nextbox is more solid, the xbox was a great system, but even after 6 years and multiple versions of the 360 they never fixed it and they don't have to because they know people will keep buying. I think Nintendo will clean up fine
Posted Image

#36 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

I don't know, I want to hope the nextbox is more solid, the xbox was a great system, but even after 6 years and multiple versions of the 360 they never fixed it and they don't have to because they know people will keep buying. I think Nintendo will clean up fine

Hopefully.
I like to stay sceptical of Nintendo ever learning anything.
That ways, if they do it'll be a nice surprise.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#37 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:16 PM

I don't know about you but I'd rather have everything on one screen/remote. Why would I not take advantage of the opportunity to meld all my devices into one user interface. I can now seemlessly switch from Netflix to TV to searching the internet, to Hulu. This sounds like a great bonus to the Wii U, it doesnt need it for me to get a Wii U but I'll take it.

I do not use Hulu or Netflix so I sort of do not apply to said things, but still it is silly. If you really want to go the universal route I will say the Wii U is useless then. In terms of one device, well everything access those said services today so really the Wii U is not needed. Today TV's, other gaming consoles, handheld gaming devices, cellphones, et cetera access all of those and more. Heck my TV does all the following at easy access: Netflix, Hulu, Crackle, Aol On, Pandora Internet Radio, Slacker Radio, YouTube, Bravia internet video, Amazon Instant Video, Sports related Vault stuff (Sports highlight moments kind of thing), 3D Media (Sort of random updated music videos and other stuff in 3D), Billabong (Another sports related thing), 3net, CinemaNow, Music Unlimited, Movies Unlimited, Vudu, internet browser, and various other radio, video, et cetera streaming related items. How exactly are you melding all of this kind of stuff into one device? Nintendo TVii has access to slim to none of what any other device has these days. When I can turn on just my television to have all of those built in things at ease why do I need to waste electricity to raise my power bill to do four tasks I can do directly on my television? Let me guess "Oh but but but but you can talk on a social network while watching", whoopty freaking do.

#38 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

I don't know where you got that from. As far as I know it's been fixed. The Xbox 360 Slim doesn't suffer from that to my knowledge. Not to mention they at least extended the warranty for the ROD problem on the old models.

#39 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't know where you got that from. As far as I know it's been fixed. The Xbox 360 Slim doesn't suffer from that to my knowledge. Not to mention they at least extended the warranty for the ROD problem on the old models.

Got it from fact bro, the slims still have the same issue, but they redesigned the way it shows, its no longer the RRoD, its the Red Dot of Death - it uses the same chip in it as previous models.
Posted Image

#40 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:11 PM

Got it from fact bro, the slims still have the same issue, but they redesigned the way it shows, its no longer the RRoD, its the Red Dot of Death - it uses the same chip in it as previous models.

The slim line Xbox consoles suffer less than a 10% defect rate. (The average defect rate for all electronics is 10%) The chips mean nothing since it is the cooling that prevents the system failure. The first batch of consoles were using a lead free solder which was cracking, causing a tremendous amount of RROD. The cooling system was still crap, and this caused more problems. The Slim models have superior cooling and Microsoft has pretty much fixed their problem.

That is fact.

Edited by Lethal, 22 December 2012 - 10:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!