TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

I think you are a bit confused here. A engine made for making games is not the same thing as the actual game. A developer cant make a great looking and demanding game designed for the Playstation 4 and just because the engine is compatible on a lesser platform just make it work on a smartphone or Wii U. The power of the next-gen Sony and Microsoft platforms isnt in the engines, its in the hardware.

Watch_Dogs is also based on the Anvil Engine which was developed for the PS360-platforms. That a PC-is "main" doesnt mean anything in the context.
Wii U is Nintendos eight gen platform, but like it or not, in terms of performance its a seventh gen console.

You wont be seeing any dedicated PS4/XB3-games on the Wii U. It will never happen. We might get versions of games.. like the Tomb Raider-games on the Wii. But they wont be the same. They will be lesser. A publisher like Bethseda is more likely to port some past-gen over to the Wii U then actually design a new game around it.

I see what you are getting at now. I still think that the Wii U will be able to run the same games with some optimisation, unless they decide to max out the PS4 and Nextbox (which won't happen until the end of it's lifespan).

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!