• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

If they did put Elder Scrolls on Wii U, they could put in Link's outfit, the hero bow, the Hylian shield, and the Master Sword just for kicks

Imagine if Nintendo works with Bethseda on the next Zelda...
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#22 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:44 AM

Dude.. Just...Stop.... I don't need my drool to destroy my laptop from that idea.

Posted Image

#23 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

I'd rather see Monolith Soft work with Bethesda on their game

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#24 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'd rather see Monolith Soft work with Bethesda on their game

That is cool.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#25 Kyle1503

Kyle1503

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • NNID:Kyle1503
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:26 AM

elderscrolls.jpgWould you like to see the Elder Scrolls come to Wii U in the future?Or even a port of some of their older titles, Oblivion and Skyrim?I for one would welcome it, as I see it as the biggest games should also be released on Nintendos premier console.The more third party the merrier, and would make this new console more appealing. :)

elderscrolls.jpgWould you like to see the Elder Scrolls come to Wii U in the future?Or even a port of some of their older titles, Oblivion and Skyrim?I for one would welcome it, as I see it as the biggest games should also be released on Nintendos premier console.The more third party the merrier, and would make this new console more appealing. :)

Elder scrolls Online would be great on Wii U! The gamepad screen would be very useful to have a inventory, map or quest menu on it!

#26 m3gaman81

m3gaman81

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 11:32 AM

Elder scrolls Online would be great on Wii U! The gamepad screen would be very useful to have a inventory, map or quest menu on it!

Nintendo might just surprise us yet my friend, I'm looking forward to E3! :D

Posted Image

#27 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:03 AM

Bethesda has never supported a Nintendo platform

#28 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:20 AM

Bethesda has never supported a Nintendo platform

Because no Nintendo system was capable of what they want: the Gamecube didn't have programmable shaders, which is the reason why the Xbox conversion of Morrowind was easy, and the Wii had no chance at running what they wanted. The Wii U is very capable, custom hardware and all. If Bethesda wanted hardware that was easy to develop for, they wouldn't bother with the PS3.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 16 May 2013 - 04:20 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue

#29 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:33 AM

Because no Nintendo system was capable of what they want: the Gamecube didn't have programmable shaders, which is the reason why the Xbox conversion of Morrowind was easy, and the Wii had no chance at running what they wanted. The Wii U is very capable, custom hardware and all. If Bethesda wanted hardware that was easy to develop for, they wouldn't bother with the PS3.

Well, this might have been true if Nintendo had released Wii U back in 2006. Is Wii U the platform that Bethesda wants in the year of 2013 (and 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...) I wouldnt bet on it. I would be glad if they did though. 

Edited by LaserSWE, 16 May 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#30 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

Well, this might have been true if Nintendo had released Wii U back in 2006. Is Wii U the platform that Bethesda wants in the year of 2013 (and 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017...) I wouldnt bet on it. I would be glad if they did though.

Bethesda has never said anything bad about it; just that they didn't feel that the install base was good enough. Give that a few months from now, and that will all change. All Bethesda wants is capable hardware: otherwise Morrowind would have released on the PS2.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

Elder scrolls belongs on pc.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:23 AM

Bethesda has never said anything bad about it; just that they didn't feel that the install base was good enough. Give that a few months from now, and that will all change. All Bethesda wants is capable hardware: otherwise Morrowind would have released on the PS2.

Exactly, capable hardware. Bethesda is one of them publishers that has its roots and base with PC-development. And Wii U isnt a capable hardware in comparison with PC, Playstation 4 and the next Xbox. Especially if we are talking about the Bethesda Game Studios that is in charge of Elder Scrolls and Fallout, the next titles in those series wont be based around the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U engines.

The only two games that Bethesda has ever produced for Nintendo-platforms is Star Trek: Conquest (A PS2-port) for the Wii and Ducati Moto for the Nintendo DS. They simply, as Take Two, is not that interested in the Nintendo userbase. 

#33 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Exactly, capable hardware. Bethesda is one of them publishers that has its roots and base with PC-development. And Wii U isnt a capable hardware in comparison with PC, Playstation 4 and the next Xbox. Especially if we are talking about the Bethesda Game Studios that is in charge of Elder Scrolls and Fallout, the next titles in those series wont be based around the Xbox 360/PS3/Wii U engines.

The only two games that Bethesda has ever produced for Nintendo-platforms is Star Trek: Conquest (A PS2-port) for the Wii and Ducati Moto for the Nintendo DS. They simply, as Take Two, is not that interested in the Nintendo userbase.

You know that it isn't capable how? The Wii U will be able to run all of the same engines as the other systems, just slightly scaled down. It won't be too different. It's just more complicated than the PS4, and Bethesda doesn't care if it's complicated or not: the PS3 is proof of this.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#34 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

You know that it isn't capable how? The Wii U will be able to run all of the same engines as the other systems, just slightly scaled down. It won't be too different. It's just more complicated than the PS4, and Bethesda doesn't care if it's complicated or not: the PS3 is proof of this.

The next-gen engines and games made for PS4/PC and Xbox 3 will be as likely to work on Wii U as Twilight Princess would have worked on Nintendo 64.

#35 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

The next-gen engines and games made for PS4/PC and Xbox 3 will be as likely to work on Wii U as Twilight Princess would have worked on Nintendo 64.

The only next gen engine that isn't being brought to Wii U is Frostbite 3, and that's more due to EA having a horrible relationship with Nintendo. Epic isn't bringing Unreal 4, but they said that anyone can. The engine that Watch Dogs is using was going to be used in the future, Crysis 3 was ready to be released and running beautifully according to Crytek and fully supports it according to Precursor Games. Kojima never said anything about the Fox Engine on Wii U, so that may not come, but Kojima is on good terms with Nintendo.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 16 May 2013 - 09:18 AM.

KtOSpy7.jpg

#36 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

The only next gen engine that isn't being brought to Wii U is Frostbite 3, and that's more due to EA having a horrible relationship with Nintendo. Epic isn't bringing Unreal 4, but they said that anyone can. The engine that Watch Dogs is using was going to be used in the future, Crysis 3 was ready to be released and running beautifully according to Crytek and fully supports it according to Precursor Games. Kojima never said anything about the Fox Engine on Wii U, so that may not come, but Kojima is on good terms with Nintendo.

Yes, but you mentioning past-gen games like Crysis 3 and Watch_Dogs as examples is quite self explanatory though, right? 

That is the kind of games that Wii U is/could be getting. These games were not designed for the hardware of the Playstation 4 (for an example), it was based around the hardware of Xbox 360. That a engine is scalable doesnt mean that they can just lower a bar and suddenly it would work on Wii U. 

#37 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:48 AM

Yes, but you mentioning past-gen games like Crysis 3 and Watch_Dogs as examples is quite self explanatory though, right?
That is the kind of games that Wii U is/could be getting. These games were not designed for the hardware of the Playstation 4 (for an example), it was based around the hardware of Xbox 360. That a engine is scalable doesnt mean that they can just lower a bar and suddenly it would work on Wii U.

Watch Dogs was based around the PC, which the Wii U and PS4 versions will be most similar to. Crysis 3 may be a current gen game, but it is using the engine that they want to use for next-gen systems. And if they can scale Unreal 4 and Frostbite 3 to a smartphone, then they can easily scale it to Wii U. Frostbite 3's first game is on PS360: would that not make ot a next-gen engine then?

KtOSpy7.jpg

#38 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:00 AM

I'd buy it. The fact that it isn't on Wii U is one of the very few things holding me back from buying Sky Rim right now.

#39 LaserSWE

LaserSWE

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Watch Dogs was based around the PC, which the Wii U and PS4 versions will be most similar to. Crysis 3 may be a current gen game, but it is using the engine that they want to use for next-gen systems. And if they can scale Unreal 4 and Frostbite 3 to a smartphone, then they can easily scale it to Wii U. Frostbite 3's first game is on PS360: would that not make ot a next-gen engine then?

I think you are a bit confused here. A engine made for making games is not the same thing as the actual game. A developer cant make a great looking and demanding game designed for the Playstation 4 and just because the engine is compatible on a lesser platform just make it work on a smartphone or Wii U. The power of the next-gen Sony and Microsoft platforms isnt in the engines, its in the hardware.

Watch_Dogs is also based on the Anvil Engine which was developed for the PS360-platforms. That a PC-is "main" doesnt mean anything in the context.

Wii U is Nintendos eight gen platform, but like it or not, in terms of performance its a seventh gen console.

You wont be seeing any dedicated PS4/XB3-games on the Wii U. It will never happen. We might get versions of games.. like the Tomb Raider-games on the Wii. But they wont be the same. They will be lesser. A publisher like Bethseda is more likely to port some past-gen over to the Wii U then actually design a new game around it.  

#40 m3gaman81

m3gaman81

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:00 AM

Ooooohhhhh yes please!  Epic: The Legend of Zelda Reborn! Damn this would be a great Idea and Nintendo and Bethesda would make MEGA bucks!

This would also allow for the PS360 die hards who haven't played Zelda yet, to see what they are missing!

Fantastic idea my friend! :D

Edited by m3gaman81, 17 May 2013 - 05:00 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!