#1 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hey everybody! Today I have started playing Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed and I can definitely tell you that it is MILES better than the first Sega racing game. Before many of you guys bring this up, this game is not a rip off of the gimmick from Mario Kart 7. FYI this game started being developed before Mario Kart 7 was even announced. Anyways, this game is freaking incredible! Let me tell you that this is a GORGEOUS game in terms of graphics and visuals. The racing itself is great as well. Although some parts may be hard to control, (I'm looking at the boat for this one) if you look past that, you get a fantastic racing game. The items in the game are more unique than the ones in the first one and they are more towards being items that Mario Kart wishes to have. My favorite being the Hot Rod which gives you a huge boost for a few seconds and when the meter...thingy is close to overheating, you press the X button to let out a ring of fire around you that can damage other opponents close by. The online gameplay is great as well...thats all I can say about it. :P Anyways, those were my thoughts about the game. If you have the game, what do you think about it? If you don't happen to have the game:

1. You're missing out. ^_^
2. Will you ever give it a try?

Just to clarify, I do love Mario Kart just as much. Anyways, I'm looking forward to what you guys have to say.
Posted Image

#2 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

Glad to see someone else talking about this! I got the game today and overall I think it is great. The racing is fun. The way the tracks and vehicles transform is really cool. Items are neat though I'm still figuring out what they all do. I like the leveling up of characters, etc.

So far my biggest complaints have to do with online play:

1. There is NOBODY online! I searched for races for like 15 minutes earlier and got NOTHING. Then I finally got a "mixed" game...with ONE person. I raced that guy two or three time and then quit.
2. This is my biggest complaint...in an online race there can't be more than one of the same character. So I've been spending all my time in the World Cup leveling up Tales...well in my game the guy I was racing against got to Tales before I did and I had to choose another toon that hadn't been leveled up at all. So basically you end up racing your worst characters against other peoples' best unless you've leveled them all up!

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

#3 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

I really want to try it!

I really want to try it!

#4 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

Glad to see someone else talking about this! I got the game today and overall I think it is great. The racing is fun. The way the tracks and vehicles transform is really cool. Items are neat though I'm still figuring out what they all do. I like the leveling up of characters, etc.

So far my biggest complaints have to do with online play:

1. There is NOBODY online! I searched for races for like 15 minutes earlier and got NOTHING. Then I finally got a "mixed" game...with ONE person. I raced that guy two or three time and then quit.
2. This is my biggest complaint...in an online race there can't be more than one of the same character. So I've been spending all my time in the World Cup leveling up Tales...well in my game the guy I was racing against got to Tales before I did and I had to choose another toon that hadn't been leveled up at all. So basically you end up racing your worst characters against other peoples' best unless you've leveled them all up!

Posted Image
But yeah. I've had that happen a lot. You're not alone.
Posted Image

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 25 December 2012 - 07:32 PM

i got it today and i actually like it better than mario kart games, it's probably the best value on the wii u right now if you dont want to spend 60 dollars, there's so many unlockables and its just great in general

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

After playing the demo I was totally convinced that this game is a must have. Gonna use my Christmas money to purchase this tomorrow. See u guys and gals online!

#7 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Feel free to add me so we can get some races going! My ID is chewy_bacon

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#8 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Will do

#9 Brenzicure

Brenzicure

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Okay. No problem. My ID is Brenzicure.
Posted Image

#10 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:30 PM

My ID is the same as my forum name.

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

I've got it on Vita, so far I prefer it to the unbalanced mess that is Mario Kart.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

This is all I've been playing on the wii u I've yet to take Tekken out of the wrapper. I've still got a huge amount to learn with regard playing it but the game is just full of great ideas, eye candy and most importantly playability. To me its better than Mario Kart. I hope the wii u version of Mario kart takes some inspiration from this game otherwise it could end up being disappointing.

To be honest I can see me buying this for 360, PS3 and Vita when they go cheap like sub £10. I probably won't buy the 3DS version as I'm going to assume it will be much weaker than the other versions but you never know I might buy that as well.

The only downer is I've had one crash on my wii u system and that was with this game. The gamepad screen became corrupted and system froze. I immediately loaded it again and played for another 1hr plus without problems. Not sure if its a wii u operating system issue or a bug in the game itself.

Highly recommended if you like Mariokart.

Highly recommended if you like Sega games from the past as the levels and characters are inspired from Sega's history

Highly recommended for a great range of offline and online multiplayer features

Highly recommended for value for money as there seems to be a lot of content in the game.

Alex Kidd was added as a free extra character as a christmas day present which I thought was a nice touch. Also he's got a brilliant retro vehicle with propellors that looks like some mad invention from the 1950s. If you buy the game and he doesn't get added straight away you may have to set your console date to 25th of December to get him.

#13 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

Something else I've appreciated about the game is the difficulty. Finishing a race in 1st on C Class is pretty easy, as it should be, but I've yet to finish 1st in B Class (usually anywhere from 5th to 2nd), and for that reason I still haven't tried C Class. I am an avid gamer, though I don't play racing games very often, and at least for me it seems like I will have to do some serious leveling up and getting very familiar with the tracks before I will be able to beat B and C class.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#14 linners84

linners84

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

Got it for Christmas & am loving it! A great value at $20 less than almost all Wii U games.

Haven't tried playing online yet, kinda bummed to hear no one is online.. :(

NNID - linners84     

3DS Friend Code - 5129 0547 8683

#15 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

Pretty fun tonight! Finally got into a multiplayer lobby with 8-9 people. I definitely need to spend more time practicing in single player, though...every single course we raced was one I hadn't seen before and I got waxed!

Edited by WiiNC, 26 December 2012 - 10:19 PM.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:28 AM

This game is awesome, so glad I brought it :D

#17 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

i've been playing since launch. i've unlocked AGES and now i need to get 200 stars to unlock even more stuff. i don't think i'm that good!

#18 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

It's definitely a good racer, but I haven't had the time to play it much. I've been to preoccupied with stuff. Hopefully I'll get to play Sonic All Stars over the weekend. The online community is a tad dead though, hopefully more people buy it.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#19 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

Excellent game for sure! The difficulty is a little higher than Mario kart but its a ton more fair than the rubber banding level in Mario kart!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!