Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

When I finished The Skyward Sword it left me with mixed feelings. I loved the game to dead but not since the original TLOZ on NES or TOOT on N64 I really got a Zelda vibe. It made me think and I replayed the original NES version to see what was really on my mind...or was it nostalgia?

Some of the things I noticed:
- The are no real maps, except in dungeons. The absence of an overworld map makes the game feel much bigger than it is and, it makes it a bit more mysterious
- The hidden stuff is really hidden, you'll really have to try and try to find special stuff
- The absence of any text (except for the intro) makes it a really mysterious world, you'll have to figure things out yourself.
- The world is OPEN, you can go where you want, just a with The Ocarina of Time. You can only be hindered by natural elements
- In Skyward Sword, The Windwaker and the DS Zelda's it didn't feel like a believable world, a connected world. Skyward Sword is only the Skyloftlevel and 3 mainlocations on 'Earth'. (there are some islands but nothing special)....yet take a look at Ocarina's map, A link to the Past or the original game...its ONE world. I get a feeling that in Skyward Sword I miss most of the world which is covered beneath the clouds.

I really hope the next WiiU Zelda will be a game which plays in 1 world (hidden, past, parallel or future) but that it will be connected, without the spacefillers like train tracks, sea or sky. At least not in such a huge role they played in the last couple of Zelda's.

(PS: The ONLY zelda ever I did not play was Twilight Princess, so maybe I missed a point there)

What are your big wishes for the new Zelda?

PS2: Maybe they can do NEWSuperMarioBros Esque Zelda game for the eShop..I would love another 2D Top down Zelda :)

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

I want another Skyward Sword-esque Zelda. Art style can be changed(dat tech demo), motion controls kept with the adition of a Gamepad controls and the ability to play only on the Gamepad, a mind-blowing story, and as you already stated, a more connected overworld. More like OoT3D than the original though. Linear, but not too linear that you're easily confused.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#3 dmann

dmann

Blooper

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

I know i definitely want a lot of side mission, like in windwaker, or skyward sword. where you can visit a lot of islands and find little secrets.
Nintendo Network ID: dmann21
3DS Friend Code: 2750-1109-4924

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

2D zelda would SUCK just look at Zelda 2... (the parts that are 2D) I like my Zeldas to be in 3D thank you very much.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Did

2D zelda would SUCK just look at Zelda 2... (the parts that are 2D) I like my Zeldas to be in 3D thank you very much.

Did you ever play A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening? Masterpieces...and also 2d. 2d does not mean side scrolling.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#6 susanmary428

susanmary428

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Mario Bros., Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I would LOVE to see a Wii U LoZ that is more reminiscient of the original game, which I'm currently enjoying on my 3DS. I think the gamepad has the potential to play a significant role in an open world, top view game like that. Totally agree with all your points, Lupaie!
Playing Nintendo for 25 years...playing Nintendo for 50 more! @rainbow_spark

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4860-6744 / Nintendo Network ID: suzy_jose

#7 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I don't want motion controls at all for the new zelda that was the only downfall for me on skyward sword. I wasnt a fan of swinging the remote around just for it to be innacurate to many times and it would just piss me off

#8 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

What do I want from a new Zelda game ? I'll say I want two things. I want a fairytale and I want an adventure.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#9 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

- In Skyward Sword, The Windwaker and the DS Zelda's it didn't feel like a believable world, a connected world. Skyward Sword is only the Skyloftlevel and 3 mainlocations on 'Earth'. (there are some islands but nothing special)....yet take a look at Ocarina's map, A link to the Past or the original game...its ONE world. I get a feeling that in Skyward Sword I miss most of the world which is covered beneath the clouds.

I really hope the next WiiU Zelda will be a game which plays in 1 world (hidden, past, parallel or future) but that it will be connected, without the spacefillers like train tracks, sea or sky. At least not in such a huge role they played in the last couple of Zelda's.

I understand what you are saying about Skyward Sword and the DS Zeldas about not having a connected world, but Wind Waker? That had the most connected world since A Link to the Past! In Ocarina of Time, there game had to load every time you entered each sub-area (hyrule field to kakariko village for example). In Wind Waker, the world was completley connected. You could go from each part of the Great Sea and on each island that wasn't a mini dungon, and not see one fade out to load.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#10 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Did

Did you ever play A Link to the Past or Link's Awakening? Masterpieces...and also 2d. 2d does not mean side scrolling.

Nope. The over view zelda games are boring (except for minish cap and four swords) Skyward sword is the best!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#11 Dough

Dough

Green Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I would also love some retro love

#12 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Nope. The over view zelda games are boring (except for minish cap and four swords) Skyward sword is the best!

You my pal, have no taste ;) if you have not played them, how can you say they are boring?

I understand what you are saying about Skyward Sword and the DS Zeldas about not having a connected world, but Wind Waker? That had the most connected world since A Link to the Past! In Ocarina of Time, there game had to load every time you entered each sub-area (hyrule field to kakariko village for example). In Wind Waker, the world was completley connected. You could go from each part of the Great Sea and on each island that wasn't a mini dungon, and not see one fade out to load.

You are right, it is really connected, but if you removed the seas and stitched all together, how small would the remaining world be? It was a nice original concept but I really missed the overworld forests, etc. Yet....i'd love to see the seas, skies and trainconcepts return, but as an element, a world, dungeon or special place to visit, but not as the overworld.

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

The over view zelda games are boring

I agree, i grew up with the N64 and the 3D Zeldas and i dont want them going back to 2D or top down view games. Its very out of date these days IMO, and i dont think making it "retro" so older gamers feel a sense of nostalgia is a good direction to go in.

#14 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

I agree, i grew up with the N64 and the 3D Zeldas and i dont want them going back to 2D or top down view games. Its very out of date these days IMO, and i dont think making it "retro" so older gamers feel a sense of nostalgia is a good direction to go in.

Agreed, they should not make 1 retro version. Yet they could do how they do it with mario. There are the Galaxy and Mario3D games, and you have the NewSuperMarioBros2D games. Why not bring us a full 3d motion gesture/gamepad game for WiiU and the 2d retro game for the eShop?

Ps: you should really try to play a classic once, forget the graphics and just let it go....you'll be suprised. Maybe not....but take it from me and the 'older gamer' (how you nicely mentioned it) that those old games where really good and hold up very good to this day!

#15 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Agreed, they should not make 1 retro version. Yet they could do how they do it with mario. There are the Galaxy and Mario3D games, and you have the NewSuperMarioBros2D games. Why not bring us a full 3d motion gesture/gamepad game for WiiU and the 2d retro game for the eShop?

Ps: you should really try to play a classic once, forget the graphics and just let it go....you'll be suprised. Maybe not....but take it from me and the 'older gamer' (how you nicely mentioned it) that those old games where really good and hold up very good to this day!

Yeah a retro e-shop game would be cool. And i have played A Link to the Past and Minish Cap which are both decent games, but theres just nothing that beats the feeling of riding through hyrule field on Epona! I dont think the games themselves are outdated, i just think that style for a modern game would feel outdated.

#16 Legend_Killa7

Legend_Killa7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

When I finished The Skyward Sword it left me with mixed feelings. I loved the game to dead but not since the original TLOZ on NES or TOOT on N64 I really got a Zelda vibe. It made me think and I replayed the original NES version to see what was really on my mind...or was it nostalgia?

Some of the things I noticed:
- The are no real maps, except in dungeons. The absence of an overworld map makes the game feel much bigger than it is and, it makes it a bit more mysterious
- The hidden stuff is really hidden, you'll really have to try and try to find special stuff
- The absence of any text (except for the intro) makes it a really mysterious world, you'll have to figure things out yourself.
- The world is OPEN, you can go where you want, just a with The Ocarina of Time. You can only be hindered by natural elements

(PS: The ONLY zelda ever I did not play was Twilight Princess, so maybe I missed a point there)

What are your big wishes for the new Zelda?

PS2: Maybe they can do NEWSuperMarioBros Esque Zelda game for the eShop..I would love another 2D Top down Zelda :)

You should really play Twilight Princess. you're really missing out! I got the game back in '06 when it first came out for the gamecube (I didn't have/want a wii back then). I tried playing the game on my friend's wii for like 10 minutes and did not like the motion controls.

fast forward to last year and Skyward Sword comes out. I was not thrilled about the motion controls, but hey, it was a zelda game and it deserved a try. and man, was I wrong! Now that I have played with the motion controls, I hope they never go back. once you get the hang of them (10-20 mins max) I think you'll agree.

so now I got a wii u, and decided to go to gamestop and bought TP for $5!!! and man, this game is even better than I remember it being 6 years ago, now that I am using the motion controls! the controls are different from SS (for example the spin attack you just use the left nunchuk, instead of swinging both the nunchuck and wiimote) but again, you get used to them real quick. Now THIS game is what I want from Nintendo if and/or when they make a Zelda U game!! The graphics in TP were, in my opinion, the best out of all of the games (SS was close, but a little too cartoony for me), and it was a more mature Zelda game, for a more mature gamer. for a mid-thirties guy like me, who was 11 when the original Zelda came out, TP is aimed toward us. I definitely think you should go pick one up. If you already have a wii/wii u, and $5 just go get a used copy from gamestop!! you'll thank me later!

#17 BrandonsBeard

BrandonsBeard

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda. Kid Icarus. MK7.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

I want a dark story like how we got in twilight princess. That was one amazing game. My favorite console Zelda underneath Majora's Mask. I did however like the story of Skyward Sword with the whole love interest finally get played out. You really feel like your fighting for something. I'm sure whether it is a Twilight Princess type of game or even a Skyward Sword, it will be good. And one thing we all can agree on, high definition Link will be very bad ass.

Posted Image

NNID: BrandonsBeard

3DS: 2277-7039-6132

Message me before adding so I can input your ID as well

#18 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

I am Extremely excited for this game i love Zelda and personally it's one of the few games that i would buy a Wii U just to play

wjapt2.jpg

#19 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I hope it's called NewLegendofZeldaWiiU.

#20 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

Um...

I've never played a Zelda game before... :o

I plan to, though. Where should I start? Like, should I play A Link to the Past first? Or start with a more recent title?

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!