YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

You my pal, have no taste ;) if you have not played them, how can you say they are boring?

You are right, it is really connected, but if you removed the seas and stitched all together, how small would the remaining world be? It was a nice original concept but I really missed the overworld forests, etc. Yet....i'd love to see the seas, skies and trainconcepts return, but as an element, a world, dungeon or special place to visit, but not as the overworld.

Actually I have played some, and they are BORING. Stop being a nostalgic f@g. 'Kay? ;)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#22 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

in skyward sword i didnt like the big mechanics, granphics, or gameplay feel, but i did see ALOT of creative ideas, and minor improvement, such as upgradeable weapons.

i ended up prefering twilite princess. better story, somewhat darker, ect. also didnt play older zelda games and when i looked back at them, i saw a distinct repeat, that could have made skyward sword look better for bieing somewhat new.

as for sword mechanics, i felt like nintendo land did better with it than skyward, also did a better job with enemy responce to the sword movements, even though lacking enemies and a little dull, but having both would work fine. just trade easer controls for enemies that are better at blocking.

for the new game, id want more usefull pickups, that closer resemble twilight than skyward. graphics at minimum like twilight, most interesting graphics idea is borderlands2 like. mechanics going eather way. open world would be nice, id definitly vote for it. i didnt mind the shortcuts around the overworld. twilight did feature things like a get the buttom dungen that is overall hard. but the games i played lacked a hard boss. twilight's minibosses, were alot harder than most of the main bosses. some of the main bosses were virtualy harmless, when i had about 15 harts, understandable for the first boss when you have 3, later on have something thats not a joke.

keep skyward swords ideas like being taken prisoner late in the game, upgradeable weapons/equitment, lots of sideplots, and more than 1 'common' dungen like fire, but keep the other dungen types like ice, time, ect. an overall longer game would help too, and allows for more dungens.

dont repeat places except the ones zelda is known for.

#23 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I did however like the story of Skyward Sword with the whole love interest finally get played out. You really feel like your fighting for something.

I agree, it always adds to the story when the protagonist is actually fighting for something personal. It was a nice change in SS for Link to go on this quest to save Zelda because he cared for her instead of just being thrown into it because its his "destiny". Made it much more exciting IMO.

#24 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

I think they should make more topdown games. F**K ME, RIGHT?
No sig.

#25 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

You my pal, have no taste ;) if you have not played them, how can you say they are boring?
You are right, it is really connected, but if you removed the seas and stitched all together, how small would the remaining world be? It was a nice original concept but I really missed the overworld forests, etc. Yet....i'd love to see the seas, skies and trainconcepts return, but as an element, a world, dungeon or special place to visit, but not as the overworld.

if your worried that the worlds/ islands will be small I wouldn't the new discs can hold a ton more data than the older discs imagine how big the islands in wind waker would be on a 25gig disc

Edited by dark_rabbid, 04 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#26 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

Um...

I've never played a Zelda game before... :o

I plan to, though. Where should I start? Like, should I play A Link to the Past first? Or start with a more recent title?

I would say start with the original because its a classic but if you don't wanna go back that far you should start with Ocarina of Time. Great game

#27 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

2D zelda would SUCK just look at Zelda 2... (the parts that are 2D) I like my Zeldas to be in 3D thank you very much.

Am I the only person who really likes Zelda 2, also Suck is a strong word

#28 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

i liked majoras mask, they was plenty of replayability, and the world was connected like ocarina of time, i loved exploring every nut and cranny for the pad to rumble, loads of mini games and the task of getting all the masks for the added bonus at the end for the ending, Not to mention the fierce diety mask, totally awsome. Also i loved collecting the gold skultullas, man the hours i spent getting those lol. The newer zeldas have adventure and story, but are missing the added magic the n64 ones have.

I suppose you can go photograph everybody in windwaker to get a statue of them but its a little boring

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 20 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#29 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Um...

I've never played a Zelda game before... :o

I plan to, though. Where should I start? Like, should I play A Link to the Past first? Or start with a more recent title?

Start with Ocarina of time :)

The 3DS one has better graphics (duh)

I started with skyward sword, but OOT is an easier game I would say.

Am I the only person who really likes Zelda 2, also Suck is a strong word

It may be a strong word but...did any one like it? Seriously?

sfOI1m6.jpg

#30 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Too late! xD Between my previous post and this one, I recieved Skyward Sword for my birthday! And I'm lovin' it! :)

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

I agree, it always adds to the story when the protagonist is actually fighting for something personal. It was a nice change in SS for Link to go on this quest to save Zelda because he cared for her instead of just being thrown into it because its his "destiny". Made it much more exciting IMO.

I agree with this, but storywise, at least once we get to a certain explaining point, this is false.

It totally was links destiny, which is exactly why he was thrown into it.

The fantastic dialog in this game, including zeldas apology explaining the above, and demises speech, and ss's fantastic world and story single handedly changed my position on voice acting in Zelda. The story has become so well done, and the dialog so well written, it absolutely can benefit from vo now.

SS's limited world size (although it dwarfs oot, whose hyrule field would be a speck in any of the three areas), break up design, and progression design are from restrictions in team size and hardware capabilities, not design choices on what direction zelda should head.

Nintendo has expanded exponentially since then in preperation from next gen.

Edited by 3Dude, 21 January 2013 - 08:45 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Give me a top-down/2D Zelda like this and Nintendo can have all my money. ALL OF IT.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

It may be a strong word but...did any one like it? Seriously?

Well I'm someone so, yes

#34 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:14 AM

Give me a top-down/2D Zelda like this and Nintendo can have all my money. ALL OF IT.

I would love to see something like that on 3DS.

#35 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Too late! xD Between my previous post and this one, I recieved Skyward Sword for my birthday! And I'm lovin' it! :)

Awesome! :D

Getting a hylian sheild is so hard though... that's the only thing stopping me from finishing the game...

Well I'm someone so, yes

Cool story bro.

sfOI1m6.jpg

#36 Betoski19

Betoski19

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    almost everything..!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:50 PM