• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:22 AM

When you go to gamestop and you wanna buy a game. What would you rather do, buy a used game for $5-$20 discount, or buy a new game for full price? Sony will use anti-used game technology. You buy a game, you put it in your console, and you could only play it on your PS4 account (no internet connection needed.) Here's whats wrong with that. 1. You cant rent games. / 2. You can't return games. / 3. You cant trade or borrow games with your friends.

Edited by punchoutTKO, 07 January 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Yeah, old news and it's only an idea for a patent.
They haven't submitted it yet, and haven't implemented it either.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

Why i mean i've heard this before but it just sounds stupid and like a waste of material since that renders old games useless and worthy of the trash

wjapt2.jpg

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

This is just a patent they filed. I don't see this happening unless Sony wants to hand over tons of sales to Microsoft and Nintendo.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

This is just a patent they filed. I don't see this happening unless Sony wants to hand over tons of sales to Microsoft and Nintendo.

They better realize that or else they are going down the tubes and Microsoft and Nintendo (my favs personally) will be the only remaining players in the console battle

wjapt2.jpg

#6 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

Buy the new game. I hate used games.

LordPickleton.png

#7 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:52 AM

Buy the new game. I hate used games.

I understand your point i'm just saying think of all the games that will be totally useless and thrown away that's alot of potential income, business and a lot of wasted material

wjapt2.jpg

#8 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

You know what they should do to stop piracy like used games?
Sue gamestop and other companies who sell their products without giving them any of the profits.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#9 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

You know what they should do to stop piracy like used games?
Sue gamestop and other companies who sell their products without giving them any of the profits.

WAIT are you serious the companies don't get some of the profit off these used games..........This all makes so much sense now no wonder they want to do this patent

wjapt2.jpg

#10 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

WAIT are you serious the companies don't get some of the profit off these used games..........This all makes so much sense now no wonder they want to do this patent

Yeah, it's piracy pure and simple.
The RIAA wouldn't stand for it, I don't see why Sony MS and Nintendo should.
Gamestop could stop selling games, but that hurts them just as much as the big three.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#11 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:19 AM

Yeah, it's piracy pure and simple.
The RIAA wouldn't stand for it, I don't see why Sony MS and Nintendo should.
Gamestop could stop selling games, but that hurts them just as much as the big three.

WOW....no wonder they're peeved about this and thinking up a solution......I think they should enact a policy or something that says those whom they sell to must give them a percent profit for all items the store sell's (provided they have the rights to the item sold)......Do you think so too?

wjapt2.jpg

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

WOW....no wonder they're peeved about this and thinking up a solution......I think they should enact a policy or something that says those whom they sell to must give them a percent profit for all items the store sell's (provided they have the rights to the item sold)......Do you think so too?

Of course.
But that's a simple solution, gamestop sure do like money.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

Of course.
But that's a simple solution, gamestop sure do like money.

Do you think Nintendo or Microsoft will do something about this in the future....I hope so

wjapt2.jpg

#14 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

If Gamestop had to cease selling used games, all second hand retailers would and that would close down a lot of businesses. Retailers barely make money on games and consoles, most your gamestores make that all on used game sales. Selling used games is no more piracy than someone selling anything else second handed on craigslist or ebay. Why not just ban reselling stuff in general? Sounds like a great idea.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#15 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

If Gamestop had to cease selling used games, all second hand retailers would and that would close down a lot of businesses. Retailers barely make money on games and consoles, most your gamestores make that all on used game sales. Selling used games is no more piracy than someone selling anything else second handed on craigslist or ebay. Why not just ban reselling stuff in general? Sounds like a great idea.

Don't take offense Tricky I mean in all honesty this policy i talked about would be to shut up the Big Business guys.....if any thing the profit the big companies gets from used items should be but a small profit like a mini tax just to shut them up

Edited by CAPU-CHU, 07 January 2013 - 11:07 AM.

wjapt2.jpg

#16 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

I doubt the PS4 will block used games... I think Sony was just patenting it just for the sake of patenting it.

#17 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

Same thing as the online pass code.
My main thing with it is do yo up need online to play the game? I so then there business will go under very fast.
Now if it is like most pc software. Then there will be key gens popping up all over.

Either way I think it's a stupid move if they go with it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#18 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

And I thought it was bad how they sold the damn PS3 for 600$... but THIS?! Okay the dumb fanboys that are like "OMG NO USED GAMES THIS SO AWESOME NINTENDO GEY!!! YOLO!!!!!" Can die in a monkey's butt hole for all I care...

The only thing that could make this worse is if they copy the Wii U, if they do that and my ignorant friends defend THAT 800$ but BASH on the Wii U, I am gonna kill someone...

But it is a patent, I am curious as heck if it will come true...

Edited by YoshiWiiUGamer9, 07 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#19 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Don't take offense Tricky I mean in all honesty this policy i talked about would be to shut up the Big Business guys.....if any thing the profit the big companies gets from used items should be but a small profit like a mini tax just to shut them up

The problem is you CAN'T pick and choose. If Gamestop got slapped with a fee or royalty for every used game they sell, why can't they do the same to us? Gamestop BUYS the games from us and resells them, as their own property.
Posted Image

#20 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

The problem is you CAN'T pick and choose. If Gamestop got slapped with a fee or royalty for every used game they sell, why can't they do the same to us? Gamestop BUYS the games from us and resells them, as their own property.

That is very true

wjapt2.jpg

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!