• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Indyrams

Indyrams

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

I find that game to be one of the best Mario Games ever.
It's sheer originality. And it's so much fun!!
I like Mario Galaxy, but would it be such a bad idea to look back into the gameplay of Super Mario 64?
Jumping into paintings and saving the princess.
I'm sure ideas could be thought of for a new game idea!!

I'm a little forum crazy, I just joined... ;)

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

ONLY IN MY DREAMS i mean really this was the Mario game that sealed the deal for me I've been getting all the Mario games ever since

Edited by CAPU-CHU, 10 January 2013 - 07:35 AM.

wjapt2.jpg

#3 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

That sounds like a great idea!

When I first played super mario 64 on DS, the controls felt confusing to me, but I enjoyed the game! (even though the power ups didn't interest me...)

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#4 Hikaruchu

Hikaruchu

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I don't know, but I always loved sunshine the most. If felt warm and friendly, and it also had F.L.U.D.D. who was a fun addition.
Posted ImageMy mii QR code.

#5 Wonder Blue

Wonder Blue

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Xenoblade

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image

there you go

vs3Qt8Z.jpg

#6 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

We got 64, then we got Galaxies. They said they'll move on and give us something special.
Posted Image

#7 SoldMyWiiU

SoldMyWiiU

Spiny

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

While i think it sounds good in theory simply having mario 64 with better graphics would be nice.. but you need to inovate.

I have been thinking since the wii u is capable of pretty beefy graphics it could be used to mario's advantage, somthing like Bowers kidnapes the princess and takes a pipe that leads to our world. It would be really cool to have mario running around a realistic new york city but animated the way he noramlly is in smash bros.

Just imagine mario walks into a restraunt animated the way he is and a waiter takes his order, then everyone in the restraunt is staring at him..

#8 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Posted Image

there you go

That's pretty much the remake, However, it feels so different than the original and going from console to portable device didn't do any good either. For one, I would love to see a proper remake on the WiiU (for cheap though) without doing what they did in the DS version.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

#9 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'd rather have something new, and even though its never going to happen Mario 128 could work on the wii u, but I think they used it's core elements in pikmin. What I want is something that is truely difficult, I found sunshine harder than galaxy two mainly because I'm no good at collecting things. But I think the wii u mario needs a new feature which sets it apart from the rest, and makes it stand out. Hopefully it has two player co-op aswell :) but proper this time not just collecting starbits
Posted Image

#10 Noko

Noko

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fan of Dom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Mario 64 was great, but I liked Mario Sunshine better because of the open world playground.

#11 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

That would be amazing!
But the game is classic so I'd prefer a new adventure. :)

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

#12 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

a new adventure please! their current offerings in the near future are already lax enough. a remake would just make me sad.
NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

It's my favourite Mario game and if all they did was re-vamp the graphics to high definition but it was basically Super Mario 64 I'd be happy. I absolutely love the game and it would be great to play it again in high definition with improved character models, high res textures etc. Perhaps a re-done music score.

#14 the world ends with me

the world ends with me

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

the remake was Super Mario 64 DS, and the sequel was Super Mario Sunshine. i'd settle for a simple VC release.

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

id love for a new N64/galaxie like game.

i dont want another 'get to teh end' mario that most of the current ones are. N64 added new stuff which made it great, sunshine fucosed greatly on N64's new stuff and was good. then the 2D games whet out along side for handhelds. then came galaxie and galaxie 2 where they restarted from N64 and convirged it with 2D more and more.

id like it more if they had one traditinal 2D/get to the end, and 1 sunshing/N64 line. with the large open maps, collections, ect. + the open map games where harder overall 2, which made them funner for me.

#16 Cheer

Cheer

Goomba

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

I have been playing nintendo since I was old enough to know I am alive. I am now 25 years old. SM64 is entitled to a REAL remake. It is entitled to the respect it deserves. Nintendo may well not be in business but not for Super Mario 64. Everyone's eyes bulged in 1996 when they saw our favorite plumber in 3D for the first time. Now we want to experience that magic again. The remake on NDS was insulting. You don't remake such a hallowed game as N64 on a dinky little 4 inch screen. If you're going to do it, do it right. SM64 is 17 years old and only 16MB. Nintendo has spent the last 2 months crying over poor Wii U sales. Well, theres no better time like the present. Super Mario 64 is 16MB. We have dual-layer 50GB discs available now. HELLO?!?!?!?!??? Just IMAGINE what Nintendo could do to Super Mario 64 on one of those discs. It would be phenomenal, and I bet those low-sale tears would be wiped away in a heart beat. The thing is with nintendo. No one cares about Nintendo. Everyone cares about Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc. My 86 year old grandmother knows who Mario is. She doesnt know about PS3 or X-Box 360 or Call of Duty. She only knows the name Nintendo because of Mario. Everyone knows Mario. Nintendo needs to understand that with their position, the survival of Nintendo is dependant on giving people what they love: Which is Mario, Zelda, and the other nintendo franchises that have been around for so long. For 25 years, Marios girlfriend has been getting kidnapped by some giant turle/dragon and his minions, then rescued again. We want to see more of that. That horrific lazy missed-opportunity of a 25th anniversery party (SNES port) actually hurt my feelings and a lot of others as I read about it online. They need to right that wrong and do it properly. They used some 20MB of a .... how big is a wii disc again? FAIL. DO IT RIGHT. I know many nintendo fans want to see SM64 remade on the big screen with 2012/2013 graphics and sound. It would surely make up for the poor excuse for a birthday party that was simply a SNES port. What would happen if Microsoft bought out nintendo and became in control of the Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin franchises? Ya, that makes me want to throw up too. They pushed that envelope with the 25th anniversey scandal. I think a full-out SM64 remake could fix the damage. As for NDS remakes, HERES THE RULE: You remake little console games on newer little consoles, and bigger console games on newer big consoles. Remake Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on NDS consoles... Remake N64, NES, and SNES games on Wii U. Keep the little games with the little consoles and the big games with the big consoles. Dont mix and match. It doesnt work. I have NEVER played SM64 DS and I never will. I am waiting for them to get it right. Starfox got remade. SM64 should too. They could probably remake SM1/2/3 NES, and Super mario world with the NSMB Wii-U engine, and SM64 with up to date graphics.... put it on one disc... and instead of Super Mario All stars... How about "Super Mario Champions" 30th Anniversery Edition. How about that? Then put some featurettes on the disc, like interviews, tell some stories about the company and the games' development, maybe a couple of little minigames etc etc etc.... the possibilities are ENDLESS. But for the love of God at LEAST... AT THE VERY LEAST... Nintendo should give SM64 the respect it deserves.  We have 50GB Dual layer discs... THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Edited by Cheer, 22 April 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#17 DéliopT

DéliopT

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  • NNID:DelioPT
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 23 April 2013 - 04:25 AM

A full HD remake would be awesome.

If there`s one game that desserves it, is Mario 64.

#18 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:06 AM

I have been playing nintendo since I was old enough to know I am alive. I am now 25 years old. SM64 is entitled to a REAL remake. It is entitled to the respect it deserves. Nintendo may well not be in business but not for Super Mario 64. Everyone's eyes bulged in 1996 when they saw our favorite plumber in 3D for the first time. Now we want to experience that magic again. The remake on NDS was insulting. You don't remake such a hallowed game as N64 on a dinky little 4 inch screen. If you're going to do it, do it right. SM64 is 17 years old and only 16MB. Nintendo has spent the last 2 months crying over poor Wii U sales. Well, theres no better time like the present. Super Mario 64 is 16MB. We have dual-layer 50GB discs available now. HELLO?!?!?!?!??? Just IMAGINE what Nintendo could do to Super Mario 64 on one of those discs. It would be phenomenal, and I bet those low-sale tears would be wiped away in a heart beat. The thing is with nintendo. No one cares about Nintendo. Everyone cares about Mario, Zelda, Pikmin, etc. My 86 year old grandmother knows who Mario is. She doesnt know about PS3 or X-Box 360 or Call of Duty. She only knows the name Nintendo because of Mario. Everyone knows Mario. Nintendo needs to understand that with their position, the survival of Nintendo is dependant on giving people what they love: Which is Mario, Zelda, and the other nintendo franchises that have been around for so long. For 25 years, Marios girlfriend has been getting kidnapped by some giant turle/dragon and his minions, then rescued again. We want to see more of that. That horrific lazy missed-opportunity of a 25th anniversery party (SNES port) actually hurt my feelings and a lot of others as I read about it online. They need to right that wrong and do it properly. They used some 20MB of a .... how big is a wii disc again? FAIL. DO IT RIGHT. I know many nintendo fans want to see SM64 remade on the big screen with 2012/2013 graphics and sound. It would surely make up for the poor excuse for a birthday party that was simply a SNES port. What would happen if Microsoft bought out nintendo and became in control of the Mario, Zelda, and Pikmin franchises? Ya, that makes me want to throw up too. They pushed that envelope with the 25th anniversey scandal. I think a full-out SM64 remake could fix the damage. As for NDS remakes, HERES THE RULE: You remake little console games on newer little consoles, and bigger console games on newer big consoles. Remake Gameboy and Gameboy Color games on NDS consoles... Remake N64, NES, and SNES games on Wii U. Keep the little games with the little consoles and the big games with the big consoles. Dont mix and match. It doesnt work. I have NEVER played SM64 DS and I never will. I am waiting for them to get it right. Starfox got remade. SM64 should too. They could probably remake SM1/2/3 NES, and Super mario world with the NSMB Wii-U engine, and SM64 with up to date graphics.... put it on one disc... and instead of Super Mario All stars... How about "Super Mario Champions" 30th Anniversery Edition. How about that? Then put some featurettes on the disc, like interviews, tell some stories about the company and the games' development, maybe a couple of little minigames etc etc etc.... the possibilities are ENDLESS. But for the love of God at LEAST... AT THE VERY LEAST... Nintendo should give SM64 the respect it deserves.  We have 50GB Dual layer discs... THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!

If you're going to post you might want to think about using proper paragraphs rather then a wall of text. That's just excruciating to read.

#19 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

I don't know, but I always loved sunshine the most. If felt warm and friendly, and it also had F.L.U.D.D. who was a fun addition.

ehhh, i like sunshine, but i really hate the bowser at the end SO much that it ruined the game for me. I can't say i'd really want to play it again

Nicely said, i sit in your boat when it comes to continuing classic franchises and re-imaging greatness.

People complain about new IP's, but then wont try them or dont like them because by default, they get compared to the classic IPs'

Pokemon is a good example of re-imaging greatness, they took red and blue, GB classics, made them even better on GBA, 

then did the same with gold and silver on GBC and made them on the DS, and i look for this to repeat on 3DS with ruby and sapphire.

Starfox 3ds and Zelda: OoT is another. so yes, Super mario 64 deserves a re-image, in fashion i think to super mario 64 x 4, just with better graphics and more.

Edited by umegames, 23 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#20 Chrop

Chrop

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,291 posts
  • NNID:ChropUk
  • Fandom:
    Starfox, Legend of Zelda, Mario,

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:40 AM

You need to think about the money spent on games, there not cheap, they cost a TON of money and most people complain about remakes, also don't judge the super mario 64 ds game if you haven't even played it!!! You can't say they did it wrong when you haven't even experienced it!!!, i loved it (You wanna know why i loved it, because i actually played the game)! Also Starfox didn't get remade, starfox 64 got remade, what's the point of remaking it AGAIN 2 years after it was just remade. Get some new games in. An entire console full of remade games is kinda bad. Play games first then judge them...

lhKtSmX.png?2 Well, I've finally found my Starfox, and I love it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!