YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

http://www.oxm.co.uk...-in-the-series/

"So let me save you the trouble of trolling my statement: We have a lot to learn. We made a lot of mistakes. We can do better. And we know this, and we will. But I don't want to spend the first moments of the year thinking about the negatives, because frankly, I am incredibly proud of both the team and the game that team created."

However, he thinks 343 has amply delivered against the odds. "Halo 4 is the best and fastest-selling Halo game in the series. It won critical acclaim. It won awards, from Best Graphics at the VGAs to Game of the Year at the Inside Gaming Awards. We altered the engine. We expanded the universe. We innovated in storytelling, technology, and even marketing.

"It wasn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but by most objective criteria, it was a resounding success. So we know we have a lot to do. And we know we have a lot to learn. But we also know that we now have the capacity, the teamwork, the technology and the experience to do much better next time."

He later elaborated: "There are a ton of things we wish we could done better: Features that didn't make it into the final game. Glitches that emerged. Missteps made. DLC fiascos. Communication breakdowns.

"But there were things that went astonishingly well - the creation of a genuinely competitive AAA studio chief among them. A collection of talent and souls that can do something genuinely amazing on this and next-generation hardware. The overhaul of an amazing game engine - but one that really needed to be overhauled - and an amassed education on systems, people, code and audience that will stand us in great stead for the future."

Personally I prefer Halo 2.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

Halo 4 has by far the best multiplayer...the shields are balanced well along the lines of not taking to long to kill/die and there is a far more diverse way people play now with OP weapons not being to easy to use (for example the Binary Rifle has 2 bullets per magazine and the cool down between shots isn't fast enough to be considered cheap)

And the campaign had a decent story not to mention the cut scenes are quite realistic to the point a lot of people thought they were real people in them

Edited by CAPU-CHU, 10 January 2013 - 10:13 AM.

wjapt2.jpg

#3 Chaos

Chaos

Red Train Hero

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • NNID:ChaoticPikachu
  • Fandom:
    Anime

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

People wanted to see what would happen after Halo 3. Also, the online play looked more interesting. Plus it's in 720p graphics!

#4 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm a sucker for nostalgia.....the original for me.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

the first Halo was the best.

#6 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

lol, I love how he has managed to not mention the huge number of Halo fans who hated the cod nature of the multiplayer, or the already largely diminished playerbase when compared to the other Halo games (despite it being the fastest selling in the series). I will say that outside of forcing you to repeat the same thing two or three times in a row the Halo 4 campaign was marvelous even though it was far to short. The multiplayer however was butchered and the fact that spraying and praying now works, and works extremely well in a Halo game is sad to see.

In fact, I have yet to hear anyone say Halo 4 is the best in the series. I have heard its the best campaign in the series several times, but then usually followed by WTF is up with the multiplayer.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 10 January 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#7 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Bold words. I actually... Havent gotten this yet. BUT I WILL!!!!

Actually, it sounds right up my alley, Ive heard a lot of people say they really like the campaign, which was always the #1 point with me throughout halo.... which I really felt started becoming second fiddle to the multi player (Which I also loved... but my prime time with halo multi was with Halo II.)

Yeah, Im definately getting this next time I see it around.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

Talk about blowing your own trumpet! :P

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

Grifball

It's where it's at. Why is this not online? Not that I have the game, nor that I care, but with what little time I spent with Halo 4, Grifball is best.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:49 AM

lol, I love how he has managed to not mention the huge number of Halo fans who hated the cod nature of the multiplayer, or the already largely diminished playerbase when compared to the other Halo games (despite it being the fastest selling in the series). I will say that outside of forcing you to repeat the same thing two or three times in a row the Halo 4 campaign was marvelous even though it was far to short. The multiplayer however was butchered and the fact that spraying and praying now works, and works extremely well in a Halo game is sad to see.

In fact, I have yet to hear anyone say Halo 4 is the best in the series. I have heard its the best campaign in the series several times, but then usually followed by WTF is up with the multiplayer.

Oh, sounds like disappointing multipliplayer for sure.

I still haven't got around to finishing Reach's campaign and at this rate I probably never will.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

I still haven't got around to finishing Reach's campaign and at this rate I probably never will.

I have a question for you. What about games actually impresses you? I have seen you say you dislike this or that or probably won't finish said game, but have never heard you be genuinely impressed. It has made me honestly curious as to what your standards are. For the record I have never played any Halo game so I'm definitely not sayin this to defend the franchise.

#12 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

I would still strongly recommend the campaign. It is an amazing experience and actually tackles some themes with surprising depth which I hope they further elaborate on in the future games (whilst restoring the multiplayer back to what made it great instead of just copying what is popular at the moment).

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 11 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

I have a question for you. What about games actually impresses you? I have seen you say you dislike this or that or probably won't finish said game, but have never heard you be genuinely impressed. It has made me honestly curious as to what your standards are. For the record I have never played any Halo game so I'm definitely not sayin this to defend the franchise.

I wasn't saying I wont finish Reach because I dislike it, I just can't get into home console gaming in general; it's either PC or handhelds for me. I quite liked what I did play of the campaign but I much preferred the multiplayer.

What about games impresses me? Solid game design, compelling gameplay, good art and sound design. Games like Gravity Rush that offer unique gameplay with a nice art style and sound design, or Rayman Origins that manages to reboot the series with gameplay worthy of being called one of the best games/platformers of all time, not to mention its great art and soundtrack. Then there's games like Super Metroid and Metroid Prime that have a level of immersion that few games can match (Aquaria is a nice indie game that is possibly equally immersive).

So I suppose for a game to impress me it will either need to have great gameplay or be an overall great game, as in solidly designed and well polished.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:04 AM

I would still strongly recommend the campaign. It is an amazing experience and actually tackles some themes with surprising depth which I hope they further elaborate on in the future games (whilst restoring the multiplayer back to what made it great instead of just copying what is popular at the moment).

Yup, more campaign love. Man is it going to feel good to play an epic halo campaign again.

Although most talk i hear about the multi is the opposite, people saying it simply aped call of duty.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Yup, more campaign love. Man is it going to feel good to play an epic halo campaign again.

Although most talk i hear about the multi is the opposite, people saying it simply aped call of duty.

That because it did. :(

#16 Trash Waifu

Trash Waifu

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

I kick a** in all of them.

#17 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

I kick a** in all of them.

That doesn't make them all good though.

#18 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:55 AM

halo 4 was the best everything in the series by far to me. And everyone I know thinks the same.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#19 Gnomishek

Gnomishek

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

Can't argue with that. I totally loved Halo 4 and I've been a huge fan of the series from its very beginning.

Молоту войн и рокоту гроз вольные рати верны, где ветром могучим из братины звёзд рунные стяги пьяны.

#20 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

halo 4 was the best everything in the series by far to me. And everyone I know thinks the same.

Well now you have meet someone who doesn't agree, I can refer you to many others who agree with me as well. A huge portion of the Halo fanbase has been alienated by the changes in multiplayer.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 12 January 2013 - 03:06 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!