#1 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

In a recent interview Eiji Aonuma talks about Zelda and the possibility of the game having online if the oppurtunity is right.

“It does bring up a question that I think we are examining and will continue to examine, which is “Looking at the capabilities that are in our hands, what kinds of gameplay possibilities are out there for a Zelda game that goes online, maybe something that goes multiplayer?” But it’s all about, for us, finding a clear direction to take that online functionality, to use that online functionality. Once we have that, I think things will move forward. But, until then, we’re in the process of really asking ourselves, “How will this be a natural extension – a natural and enjoyable extension of what makes the series the series?” So that‘s something for the Zelda team to continue to examine as we move forward."

So if they did decide to have some sort of online multiplayer in Zelda Wii U, firstly would you want it to have that and secondly what would you like it to consist of?
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#2 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:28 PM

Hmm, muiltiplayer. Maybe something like the muiltiplayer in demon souls. Different links could invade your world to kill you and steal all of your rupees or something of the sort. Or maybe other users can leave messages to help you with dungeons.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:41 PM

Player created Dungeons?
Posted Image

#4 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

If the game used Wii motion plus then a stalfos swordplay game where you have to fight other stalfoses.
Posted Image

#5 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

Zelda? What about Metroid? aaww giggity =(

1367065580450s.jpg

#6 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

In a recent interview Eiji Aonuma talks about Zelda and the possibility of the game having online if the oppurtunity is right.

So if they did decide to have some sort of online multiplayer in Zelda Wii U, firstly would you want it to have that and secondly what would you like it to consist of?

Maybe two player online for campaign? Or your Link, then you have to fight the other Link, which is the other person across the world. If you win, then you get to be Zelda's girlfriend. Just a thought though, I doubt it will happen.

#7 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Maybe two player online for campaign? Or your Link, then you have to fight the other Link, which is the other person across the world. If you win, then you get to be Zelda's girlfriend. Just a thought though, I doubt it will happen.

Off topic: WTH?! :)

On topic: I think that having custom made dungeons would provide lots of replay value.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#8 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

You do know Link is the guy and Zelda is the girl, right? lol.

#9 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Hmm... perhaps online mini-games.
I can't really see an online integration with the story mode. I'd prefer the two experiences separate. I can see a four swords thing happening on the Wii U, but I don't want four player or whatever amount of players to subtract from a single player experience. At best, multiplayer in that sense should provide shortcuts across the environment, easier boss fights etc.

But online mini-games would do. Preferably with online scoreboards, but more so competing against other players at the same time. You could probably drag in a lot of old side games too, like the Gerudo Archery Challenge in OoT. But you'd have four riders at the same time, and you'd need to compete for pots.

Idk, just a rough idea of what I like to see from a Zelda game, where the story mode had multiplayer but not needing a focus on it.

... Another idea!

Let's say you were having trouble in a dungeon. You could get an online friend to pop in. (So something like Tingle in WW). They'll enter a sort of debug mode I guess, where you can lock on to an obstacle (such as a locked door). For a bit of a challenge, the helper needs to beat a puzzle, or pay out of their rupee pouch for the quick way out. After winning (or buying their way out of), they get a walkthrough (like in OoT3D) for which the first player receives. I say first player, because to prevent a complete cheat, and to increase player interaction, disable voice chat and messaging. Otherwise, it would be "Hey! This is what you do. Cya!... Okay, back to Ghost Rec... WHAT I DIED?! BS!"

I like the idea of player created dungeons, but it could be really bad. When SSBB came out, I was really excited for Stage Builder, but was disappointed with it. I fear it may be limited. Wouldn't mind a battle arena, a dungeon crawl or a Link verses enemies setup (like in PH).

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#10 abbe

abbe

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

Idea: one get to be navi and hes/her mission is to annoy link so much he dies lol

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:44 AM

That's... a rather terrible idea.
I'm as shocked and appalled as the shocked and appalled cat.

... Ok not really.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

Four swords style? Co-operate with your friends, or kill each other and throw each other into traps.

You do know Link is the guy and Zelda is the girl, right? lol.

Eh, what? That's what he said.

Edited by Dementis, 16 July 2011 - 01:10 AM.

#13 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:20 AM

Co-op would be good.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#14 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

I want a normal single player story, and a nice fully fleshed through Co-op story, that is different from the main story.

#15 hooky

hooky

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

Eh, what? That's what he said.

Read it more closely and LOL.

#16 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:37 AM

I want a normal single player story, and a nice fully fleshed through Co-op story, that is different from the main story.

Yeah, I think it would be good to have them separate but a drop in drop out would not be too bad either. Or maybe a boss challenge mode where you take on bosses much harder than the main story with a friend.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Legend of Zelda, online

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!