Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Look again at the neon transforming mechs, and the neon bioluminescence enemies begin to give off as it gets dark.

What you are talking about isnt desaturation. Its volumetric air space. it simulates the effect of particulate matter in the air. And this is one of tbe best examples ive ever seen. It actually has variations of density in multiple locations at sirprising differences in distance, many farther out than devs would ever bother with.... In fact it may be animated or part of a cycle, an advanced part of X's version of xenoblades very varied weather/environment system. As for the color scheme said effect makes. Reminds me a lot of Nevada honestly.

Regaurdless, your assumption was still very short sighted. Just look at xeno lades Satorl marsh.

Posted Image

Ew! theres no colors! The whole gamez colorless and desaturated!

Posted Image

Yeah! that game gets it! thoughs colors are way better!

Same game, same place, just different time.

That last one isn't an in-game screenshot, it's from the art book.
Here's an in-game screenshot (granted it's a different location) that might do you a bit more good.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I did pay attention to the context.
You complained: "I don't see how people thinks the game needs more color, the video has enough color for me."
I answered: "The video is a little desaturated in addition to not having much variance in saturation, which may be why some people feel it needs more color"
I provided insight to other people's opinions, nothing more. My answer was appropriate.
Now you're bringing other context into this. I'm sorry but no matter how much the game later looks like Nintendo Land or not (honestly the screenshot you showed to be "colorful" was basically duochromatic and also has variance issues) is completely irrelevant and useless information that I may as well not know. I never said it needed color, if you read back. The closest I said was that it would look nicer if the sunlight provided more saturation variance than it currently does. Which is a lot different than making every color fullblown neon which you seem to think I want.
I can see it's not worth my time continuing this with you. Jeeze, sorry I tried to help. :P

No, I said I saw a lot of people all making the same short sighted error in judgement. You then jumped right in and threw your hat in with them, WITHOUT EVER ASKING OR KNOWING WHAT ERROR IN JUDGEMENT I WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT. Context is an important thing to pay attention too. It can completely change the meaning of words preceding or following a statement.

By responding to me, and what i was talking about, you subscribed to the context of the conversation. You didnt NEED to specifically say certain nitpicky words, they were implied by circumstance, by quoting me and disagreeing, YOU AGREED WITH ALL THE PEOPLE I WAS REFERRING TOO. Probably would have been wise to ask for more information on what you were agreeing (or disagreeing) with. And no matter how increasingly pedantic and nitpicky your replies become, its not going to change that.

You screwed up and leaped before you looked. You already said thats not what you meant toexpress, and thats fine, but you insist on pushing some personal vendetta on how you were wronged, complete with pedantic defensive measures, when you simply werent.

Here's an in-game screenshot (granted it's a different location) that might do you a bit more good.
Posted Image

Iknow, but thanks. I just posted it because i spent an eternity looking for decent daytime satorl marsh pictures, and was getting fed up, and ultimately, it didnt really matter.

Its a mix of in game location in hd (the geometry is real), and 2d cg art (shulk and some of the rising ether). Again though thats all irrelevant. The point is that, satorl marsh would be completely unrecognizable to those of us who dont know about it because of how wildly its appearence varies depending on weather or time. To not take that into consideration with x, is a shortsighted error in judgement, which is why all the irritating 'its not a very colorful game' comments ALL come from people who never played xenoblade. Those of us who have, know better.

Eryth sea cant be used because the entire point is its the exact same place.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 January 2013 - 02:39 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#23 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

At least it's not duochromatic. :P I think it may have more variance too. Yeah it looks more colorful but that whole tangent on it becoming more colorful was off topic anyways.

No, I said I saw a lot of people all making the same short sighted error in judgement. You then jumped right in and threw your hat in with them, WITHOUT EVER ASKING OR KNOWING WHAT ERROR IN JUDGEMENT I WAS ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT. Context is an important thing to pay attention too. It can completely change the meaning of words preceding or following a statement.

By responding to me, and what i was talking about, you subscribed to the context of the conversation. You didnt NEED to specifically say certain nitpicky words, they were implied by circumstance, by quoting me and disagreeing, YOU AGREED WITH ALL THE PEOPLE I WAS REFERRING TOO. Probably would have been wise to ask for more information on what you were agreeing (or disagreeing) with. And no matter how increasingly pedantic and nitpicky your replies become, its not going to change that.

You're mistaken. I did not throw my hat in with them, but I suppose I can see how you would come to that conclusion, as I was not "on your side" either. My SOLE intent was explaining why they may think it lacks color, as a neutral party. Perhaps I should've put a disclaimer saying I wasn't commenting on how "shortsighted" it was, but I didn't think it was necessary as I never referred to it in particular, and I never disagreed with you. (Saying footage looks a little desaturated isn't saying "it's not colorful enough) Sorry for any confusion and vagueness on my part, but I must disagree that I've been becoming "pedantic and nitpicky".
Likewise how I did not see it necessary to put a disclaimer, I must insist perhaps you should think about how you word your replies too. You were plainly using a condescending tone at times. I'm sure you understand not wanting to waste time on someone I feel is being condescending, etc.
Posted Image

#24 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

At least it's not duochromatic. :P I think it may have more variance too. Yeah it looks more colorful but that whole tangent on it becoming more colorful was off topic anyways.
You're mistaken. I did not throw my hat in with them, but I suppose I can see how you would come to that conclusion, as I was not "on your side" either. My SOLE intent was explaining why they may think it lacks color, as a neutral party. Perhaps I should've put a disclaimer saying I wasn't commenting on how "shortsighted" it was, but I didn't think it was necessary as I never referred to it in particular, and I never disagreed with you. (Saying footage looks a little desaturated isn't saying "it's not colorful enough) Sorry for any confusion and vagueness on my part, but I must disagree that I've been becoming "pedantic and nitpicky".
Likewise how I did not see it necessary to put a disclaimer, I must insist perhaps you should think about how you word your replies too. You were plainly using a condescending tone at times. I'm sure you understand not wanting to waste time on someone I feel is being condescending, etc.

Youve already explained that. Once again, i point to the importance of context.

'(honestly the screenshot you showed to be "colorful" was basically duochromatic and also has variance issues)'

Pedantic: narrow, stodgy, and often ostentatious.

You either completely ignored the point in favour of a purposefully obtuse choice to choose a nitpicky pedantic argument, or never knew the point because you jumped in bwithout knowing what you were jumping into, and then made a pedantic nitpicky argument.

The simple fact of the matter is, commenting on the color scheme of the entirety of the game, that only shows one area, in 2 times, and only the same weather state, when that game is a xenoblade sequel that can COMPLETELY change the look of an area literally, like the weather changes, is a shortsighted judgement.

Seeing a bunch of people who never played xenoblade, all making the same stupid assumption because they dont know that at any time neon blue purple and green ether could begin bubbling from the ground, the water can become luminescent, and an ether aurora borealus could cover the sky... Is irritating.

And then you jump in trying to 'explain' their side.

As for your problems with tone. You are projecting.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#25 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

What? why? That doesnt make any sense. Monster hunter couldnt be any more different from xenoblade/x.

Really? The concept almost looks similar but maybe taking it a step further I guess with the futuristic stuff. I've never played either as well.

#26 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Really? The concept almost looks similar but maybe taking it a step further I guess with the futuristic stuff. I've never played either as well.

Trust me, as someone who has played both, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade/this game are completely different games. I'd say the only reason there's so much confusion between the two right now is all the large enemies in the trailer. If you really want a way to tell if this game is good for you (Or if you just want to play what's arguably the greatest game in the Wii's library) pick up a copy of Xenoblade.
Posted Image

#27 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

It has superficial similarities, but they are complete opposites.

Xenoblade is a semi real time rpg, monster hunter is.... Monster hunter. An intense real time action/preperation? game.

Xenoblade takes place in a massively open area that stretches for miles with no loading screens.

Monster Hunter is a tiny arena based game with load screens every couple hundred feet. IT only LOOKS like a big open world.

Progress in monster hunter depends on how many monsters youve hunted. Get enough monster points and you gain rank (NO LEVEL UPS! Stats are directly tied to equipment only! grinding weak enemies will not avail you! Only your skill will move you forward!) gain enough ranks and you unlock the rank quest, and then the next set of missions. Theres really no story.

To progress in Xenoblade, you follow the story.

They are pretty much opposites.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 January 2013 - 03:33 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#28 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Youve already explained that. Once again, i point to the importance of context.

'(honestly the screenshot you showed to be "colorful" was basically duochromatic and also has variance issues)'

Pedantic: narrow, stodgy, and often ostentatious.

You either completely ignored the point in favour of a purposefully obtuse choice to choose a nitpicky pedantic argument, or never knew the point because you jumped in bwithout knowing what you were jumping into, and then made a pedantic nitpicky argument.

The simple fact of the matter is, commenting on the color scheme of the entirety of the game, that only shows one area, in 2 times, and only the same weather state, when that game is a xenoblade sequel that can COMPLETELY change the look of an area literally, like the weather changes, is a shortsighted judgement.

Seeing a bunch of people who never played xenoblade, and dont know that, all making the same stupid assumption, when at any time neon blue purple and green ether could begin bubbling from the ground, the water can become luminescent, and an ether aurora borealus could cover the sky... Is irritating.

And then you jump in trying to 'explain' their mistake.

As for your problems with tone. You are projecting.

Okay yes context is important, everyone agrees with that. I thought it was apparent I wasn't commenting on the shortsightedness aspect of the problem and apparently it wasn't. I took context into consideration when I apologized by mentioning any vagueness on my part. I admitted I should have given more context to my statement. I don't think we can say much more on this without it turning into a circle?

"(honestly the screenshot you showed to be "colorful" was basically duochromatic and also has variance issues)'"

I don't see me being ostentatious unless you believe my vocabulary to be over the top? I believe my comment is innocuous within the context of my post. "whether or not it looks like Nintendo Land". But I suppose it does come off as unneeded and by extension must have some ill intent? I dunno. Guess it doesn't matter much, it shouldn't be offensive. If it did to you then I apologize. I didn't mention it to help ignore a point if that's what you're getting it.

The only point I ignored is "it becomes more colorful" for reasons you mentioned I already stated. I didn't care if it became more colorful, I wasn't commenting on that. I found it irrelevant. I still do, even though now I understand it's why you were so quick to upset for me seemingly being on the other side.

You seem to have a problem with me not caring about the transformation. It's not shortsighted for me to make a neutral comment on the color scheme. If I said it sucks then yeah you'd be right. But I'm sorry, I disagree. I can form neutral captain obvious comments on incomplete data. Nothing wrong with that. The problem is either negative or positive comments on incomplete data. I'm fine with apologizing for being too vague but not about making neutral comments.

"And then you jump in trying to 'explain' their side."
Does explain a lot. I had no way of knowing you were irritated enough to... develop a tone with me. I was only making what I thought was a lighthearted, perhaps even helpful comment. Honestly I thought either you'd either go A: Oh I see it now! B: Sorry I don't see it, agree to disagree C: I see it but they shouldn't complain because XYZ (explaining why it's shortsighted). As I stated I see why it went wrong.

"As for your problems with tone. You are projecting."

I disagree. In your edit with the examples you use condescending language in an attempt to make my statement look poor. Pretty much using noob language and exaggerations to suggest I'm naive, etc. Even if you were upset at me and believing negative things of me, that was still unneeded.

Anyways. That should be everything. Last thing I wanted was to have a internet argument lol.
Posted Image

#29 Anomandaris

Anomandaris

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

This is about where i shat my pants...the third time, the first being when i heard it was monolith's game, the second when i saw the awesome graphics and huge scope an this, this is my third shat.
Posted Image
Mechs!........that fly.........and turn into bikes!

btw played xenoblade and monster hunter tri and no they may look the same from trailers but gameplay-wise, they are nothing the same.
btw xenoblade and this x game's graphics are awesome.
Posted Image

#30 hubang

hubang

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Really enjoying 3Dude's eviscerating posts right now.
Nintendo Network ID: hubang

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Okay yes context is important, everyone agrees with that. I thought it was apparent I wasn't commenting on the shortsightedness aspect of the problem and apparently it wasn't.

I thought it was pretty obvious when i gave the same answer every time saying ' yes, you already explained that' that you would stop repeating this over and over. I dont care if you arent talking about the short sightednes part, I was, and you joined my conversation. Your failure to take that into consideration is not going to retroactively make me change topics no matter how many times you repeat it.

I took context into consideration when I apologized by mentioning any vagueness on my part. I admitted I should have given more context to my statement. I don't think we can say much more on this without it turning into a circle?

I agree, and dont know why you keep bringing it up when i reapeatedly say youve already explained this.

"(honestly the screenshot you showed to be "colorful" was basically duochromatic and also has variance issues)'"
I don't see me being ostentatious unless you believe my vocabulary to be over the top?

You are doing it again, becoming increasingly pedantic. I copy pasted a definition, and you ignored the first two words so you can focus narrowly on a petty off topic argument on the third word.

I believe my comment is innocuous within the context of my post. "whether or not it looks like Nintendo Land". But I suppose it does come off as unneeded and by extension must have some ill intent?

It doesnt work like that, you cant simply make up a context to suddenly suit your argument.

I dunno. Guess it doesn't matter much, it shouldn't be offensive. If it did to you then I apologize. I didn't mention it to help ignore a point if that's what you're getting it.

Except you did, and you admit it right here:

The only point I ignored is "it becomes more colorful" for reasons you mentioned I already stated. I didn't care if it became more colorful, I wasn't commenting on that.

You should have been, THAT WAS THE ENTIRE CONTEXT OF THE CONVERSATION YOU JOINED. Your post was pointless, because you never bothered to find out what you were responding too, and once you did, you ignored it to build a massive off topic argument.

You seem to have a problem with me not caring about the transformation.

I have a problem with you repeatedly trying to change the subject of MY POST YOU JUMPED IN ON. Despite me reapetedly explaining to you why it makes no sense for me to change subjects.

It's not shortsighted for me to make a neutral comment on the color scheme.

Its the very definition of shortsighted, nuetrality, positivity, and negativity hold no bearing. You can be shortsighted and be positive, and well informed and be negative.

But I'm sorry, I disagree. I can form neutral captain obvious comments on incomplete data. Nothing wrong with that.

Of course you can, but they are short sighted opinions. Nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade, either.

The problem is either negative or positive comments on incomplete data.
I'm fine with apologizing for being too vague but not about making neutral comments.

You werent vauge, you jumped into something you didnt understand, without bothering to understand it, and then once you did, you decided to ignore it in favor of a different argument.

"And then you jump in trying to 'explain' their side."
Does explain a lot. I had no way of knowing you were irritated enough to... develop a tone with me.

No, that only came after multiple posts of you making pedantic defensive arguments.

I was only making what I thought was a lighthearted, perhaps even helpful comment.

Context is important, it can change the meaning of words both after and preceding it.

Honestly I thought either you'd either go A: Oh I see it now! B: Sorry I don't see it, agree to disagree C: I see it but they shouldn't complain because XYZ (explaining why it's shortsighted). As I stated I see why it went wrong.

That would likely be because you didnt know the context behind my post.

"As for your problems with tone. You are projecting."
I disagree. In your edit with the examples you use condescending language in an attempt to make my statement look poor.

There is no such thing as condescending language. I used arguments to defeat your statement. You feeling that they then looked poor is your own personal expression.

Pretty much using noob language and exaggerations to suggest I'm naive, etc. Even if you were upset at me and believing negative things of me, that was still unneeded.

projection. You are personally applying all this to yourself, when this was simply what the PEOPLE IVE BEEN OBSERVING MANY OF, have been expressing, and what you jumped in on, but that has to do with context, you know, the whole context thing you keep dismissing to try and make everything about you?

Anyways. That should be everything. Last thing I wanted was to have a internet argument lol.

That is certainly not what your actions have shown.

If you actually dont mind, ive had a few pictures ive found demonstrating some rather unprecedented scale xenoblades demonstrating, that your arguments have been delaying me posting.

Edited by 3Dude, 24 January 2013 - 04:55 PM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

If you actually dont mind, ive had a few pictures ive found demonstrating some rather unprecedented scale xenoblades demonstrating, that your arguments have been delaying me posting.

Well I didn't mean for it to become an argument. Sorry for trying to start a convo about something you didn't wanna talk about. Didn't even think that was a problem, just the misunderstanding itself. :/ I wasn't trying to change the argument, just clarify what I meant in the beginning. I ignored the first two words cause I couldn't easily see how they could relate to a statement while the third made the most sense. I assure you I wasn't trying to manipulate anything.
Seems my replies either aren't good or we're just gonna agree to disagree regardless so I'll stop here. I had hoped my last post would end it on a good note but I guess you can't always win. Hope there's no ill will and all that. Good day.
Posted Image

#33 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
I was acrually working on something similar when I saw i had been beaten to the punch. And quite nicely too.

Perception and scale can be a little tough to make out in 2d pictures, without known references, so, while we knew x was huge, we didnt know how huge. Many just thought it was standard big. Something similar to whats been done with red dead, fallout 3, just cause 2, Dragons dogma, or skyrim.

And thats really not the case, those are drops in the bucket here, and/or completely devoid of the truly massive landmarks in X. And in X, its not just pretty backgrounds, everything you see you can explore.

And not only is it huge, but it does with a much higher level of detail than the large open games of this past gen. The up close details of the enemies, not to mention their size, compares rather starkly to fallout and skyrim.... And the games just in alpha or beta.

This... is quite impressive.

Edited by 3Dude, 25 January 2013 - 05:11 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#34 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

This is just very early footage guys and if its looking this good now just think what the finished version will be like,i can defo see them working on the lighting etc before its release...I CANT WAIT :)

#35 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

I never got to play xenoblade but this game is looking great so far. I might have to pick this up when it comes out

#36 BrandedSwordsman

BrandedSwordsman

Boo

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

System seller much?

#37 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

System seller much?

Oh I don't know, maybe the next 3d Mario, Smash Bros U, Yoshi U, Monster Hunter, Fire Emblem, Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD and the new Zelda might sell a few too :)

That doesn't include any upcoming surprises at E3 either.

Thanks to 3dude for those pics, game looks sweet.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 25 January 2013 - 04:30 PM.

#38 uPadWatcher2

uPadWatcher2

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, StarFox, Kid Icarus, SSB

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:34 PM

When I saw the early footage trailer, I thought it looks like a cross between Final Fantasy XII, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and Gundam Wing. X is gonna be an epic seller for the U when it launches hopefully next year.

Bayonetta2banner102414.png

"Let's dance, boys!"

- Bayonetta

#39 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

On Neogaf everybody thinks the same as I do with the colors.

#40 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:29 AM

System seller much?

I don't think so. Its the type of game that has more of adult following. It will probably sell well enough but its not going to be a system seller in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!