Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:46 AM

I never really cared about EA anyways.

Let's be honest, does anyone really care about EA these days?

#22 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Specs don't make a system next Gen. This pisses me off. Game generations go by new system launches. NES/Master System, SNES / GENESIS, and now the Wii U and soon 720 and ps4. The Wii U is next gen regardless what some morons like EA says. It's unfortunate that the meaning of next Gen turned into spec wars.

My comments are just a stab at the people who sit here all day crying about the specs of the wii u and why Nintendo should have made it better etc...

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Specs don't make a system next Gen. This pisses me off. Game generations go by new system launches. NES/Master System, SNES / GENESIS, and now the Wii U and soon 720 and ps4. The Wii U is next gen regardless what some morons like EA says. It's unfortunate that the meaning of next Gen turned into spec wars.

Unfortunate is one way of putting it.

I believe the actual word is advert propaganda.

Its a marketing ploy... Which means those who believe it are brainwashed tools.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

Unfortunate is one way of putting it.

I believe the actual word is advert propaganda.

Its a marketing ploy... Which means those who believe it are brainwashed tools.

Which works on the vast majority of people. The sad reality is the number of people who buy systems are easily sold to place Madden, GTA, or CoD. If the majority of gamer's thought for themselves then gaming would be a pretty different today. It's become a casual craft where real thinking gamer's are the minority.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#25 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

EA are the creators of the "Online Pass". I would much prefer THQ and EA to be the other way around

They are just butthurt because Nintendo don't allow online pass for their games.

#26 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

EA probly still trying to bash nintendo for not using their online. EA has pretty much dead creadability(they were voted worst company if i remeber right).

EA probly doesnt relize that they would NEED TO GO NINTENDO EXCLUSIVE for nintendo to use their online. or use their inferior power to push(and fail to do so to) a bigger company. battle field is there only current worthwile title. ME ended with no good tack on for ME4 without complete BS. i actualy hope they lose bioware =/.

#27 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

i completely agree.

#28 TheDave545

TheDave545

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Sorry but i gotta agree, the Wii U is not next gen, it doesnt have the next gen graphics, or the online that can even be considered this gen (this is the part where Nintendo has failed really badly imo), the controller is the only thing about this console i consider next gen as it really is something new and exciting.

There are way too many people on here that are biased towards nintendo so much they cant see the many flaws of this console.

Dont get me wrong there are many positives to the Wii U but the negatives outweigh the positives, the lack of games i dont see as a negative though as its a new console and its to be expected, there are some truly amazing looking games to look forward to, X, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD Remake, New Zelda, Rayman Legends. And many more that are still unannounced, heres hoping for a Wii U Pokemon!

But i wonder how much time ill spend on my Wii U when the next Playstation and Next Xbox are out, we'll see though, i def wont sell it though.

#29 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Sorry but i gotta agree, the Wii U is not next gen, it doesnt have the next gen graphics, or the online that can even be considered this gen (this is the part where Nintendo has failed really badly imo), the controller is the only thing about this console i consider next gen as it really is something new and exciting.

There are way too many people on here that are biased towards nintendo so much they cant see the many flaws of this console.

Dont get me wrong there are many positives to the Wii U but the negatives outweigh the positives, the lack of games i dont see as a negative though as its a new console and its to be expected, there are some truly amazing looking games to look forward to, X, The Wonderful 101, Wind Waker HD Remake, New Zelda, Rayman Legends. And many more that are still unannounced, heres hoping for a Wii U Pokemon!

But i wonder how much time ill spend on my Wii U when the next Playstation and Next Xbox are out, we'll see though, i def wont sell it though.

WiiU is like 7.8 gen just waiting for the games. Many aspects of the console makes it 8th generation. We just have to prototypes of the Xbox3 and PS4 then we can judge.

#30 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

if your basing on power then how much do you expect for next gen? current confirmed minimum is 2x went from 1x/1.5x compared to 360. highest reliable claim atm is 5x, used to be 4x. i was somewhat upset then i saw xbox720/PS4 specs and they arnt enough to matter.

#31 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

Um, no, we just happen to know and use the ACTUAL definition for the term 'console generation', and not the made up marketing buzzword.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#32 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

In hardware terms when compared to other consoles, it isn't next gen, but when compared to the wii, it is definately next gen. I don't buy Nintendo for EA, I buy Nintendo for Nintendo games, and there games are going to look gorgeous on this console and will probably be on par w/ next gen games because its nintendos magic. If the can make a 480p game such as DKCR or galaxy 2 look almost as good as a 720p game than I can't wait to see what they do with the same resolution. Sure, or 3rd parties it might not be enough, but I have no doubt that Nintendo will fully utilize the wii u and make their games some of the best looking of the next gen. If you don't believe me, pick up a copy of skyward sword and xenoblade, two of the best looking games of last gen that were on the wii. Look at wind waker, which despite being made 10 years ago still is visually stunning. Nintendo will be able to utilize their hardware, and who gives a crap if other developers can't, because Nintendo did so their silly excuses are a load of butt.

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#33 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

In hardware terms when compared to other consoles, it isn't next gen, but when compared to the wii, it is definately next gen. I don't buy Nintendo for EA, I buy Nintendo for Nintendo games, and there games are going to look gorgeous on this console and will probably be on par w/ next gen games because its nintendos magic. If the can make a 480p game such as DKCR or galaxy 2 look almost as good as a 720p game than I can't wait to see what they do with the same resolution. Sure, or 3rd parties it might not be enough, but I have no doubt that Nintendo will fully utilize the wii u and make their games some of the best looking of the next gen. If you don't believe me, pick up a copy of skyward sword and xenoblade, two of the best looking games of last gen that were on the wii. Look at wind waker, which despite being made 10 years ago still is visually stunning. Nintendo will be able to utilize their hardware, and who gives a crap if other developers can't, because Nintendo did so their silly excuses are a load of butt.

This x100. Nintendo did great things with the Wii and the WII's graphics were sub par specs wise. Give Nintendo a little time to work on their upcoming titles (new Mario, Zelda, etc...) and I think we'll see tremendous things. I'm really excited!

Edited by A W Reezy, 03 February 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#34 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

it all depends what your definition of next gen is, because if you go by the common sheer power, than no it's not, but what defines a generation to me and most others here is an advancement in ways to play and overall gameplay enhancement. Ex. Nes- revolutionary controller w/ dpad, SNES- 4 colored buttons, shoulder buttons, N64- 3D Graphics, Analogue stick. PS1/2- dual analogue, Xbox/ GameCube- analogue shoulders, Wii-motion control, PS360- HD graphics, Wii-U- Screen on controller, social network integration, nextbox/orbis- ???

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#35 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

I honestly just want to play mario.

EDIT: Why haven't i mentioned cave story? By the way, i love cave story. If you dislike cave story in the slightest i will forgive you/eat you alive.

Edited by CookieEpic, 03 February 2013 - 06:38 PM.

86c.gif

#36 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

what defines a console generation is the number of successive consoles. each consoles lifetime is a generation. Like the actual definition of the fricking word GENERATION.

Nintendo entered on the third console generation with the nes.

Snes= 4th gen.
n64= 5th gen.
gcn= 6th gen.
wii= 7th gen.
wii u= 8th gen.

This is the ONLY real answer.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!