Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Speaking to us last week about the calibre of his studio's upcoming shooter, Yerli said: "I don't think Crytek can do more on current generation consoles than Crysis 3.

"I actually think people will be astonished that next gen launch titles from other companies might not be much different from Crysis 3."

On his company's own efforts for new hardware, Yerli added: "Crytek's projects generally will be way above what we've achieved on the existing consoles."

Yerli also praised the work his team has done creating what he believes is a unique game world.

"Crysis 3 has its own visual identity, [the urban rainforest] is a world that hasn't been done before, that kind of depiction, the quality and level of immersion. I think no game has ever done that kind of setting, it's a visual spectacle.

"It has not even been done in Hollywood. People might suggest there are similarities with I Am Legend, but that is quite different to this. I Am Legend is overgrown, but Crysis 3's urban rainforest is a whole different level of that. It has its own identity and I'm very proud of what the team achieved in this regard."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/390113/crytek-next-gen-launch-games-might-not-look-much-different-to-crysis-3/

Hmm. This is very interesting.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, Crytek has been plugging for a while now that we arent going to have the same leap as last gen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

I knew it!

Signature_DK.png

#4 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

This is pretty much the 4th time Crytek said no large leap was coming yet so many MS and Sony fanboys(plus gaming analysts like Patcher and game sites like G4, IGN and Gamespot) still don't believe it, but as the article said...

Gamers will be "astonished" by the similarity,

Edited by Big Bowsy, 08 February 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#5 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Crysis is nothing special. The third looks worse than 2 and they are no where near as impressive as Killzone 2 + 3.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Crysis is nothing special. The third looks worse than 2 and they are no where near as impressive as Killzone 2 + 3.

They are strictly speaking graphics. Not sure however if they are talking about Crysis for the PC on max settings...or console Crysis.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Crysis 3 will look notably better then Crysis 2 and will no doubt look better then most if not all of next gens launch titles when played maxed out on pc (Yerli has stated it will not be topped for aty least two years which giving the companies history is quite believable). The Crysis series lead platform is clearly the pc and crysis 1 on consoles had to make several concessions that significantly effect gameplay for the worse. Really the only games that can touch the Crysis games visually are Battlefield 3 (has better animations then Crysis 2, though Crysis 3 has better facial animation [well technically motion capture for crysis 3] and so on from what we have seen) and possibly Metro 2033 in some indoor areas.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 08 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

#8 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:11 AM

I wonder if the 8th gen is going to be comparable to the 6th gen...

Posted Image

#9 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

crytek overated their own selfs... lol...

Next gen =

better DOF
better tessellation
better (i hope so) textures
better lighting effects
better animation system (for example unexpressed faces, hair tha looks like a shaving cream)
better facials and character expressions (due to 25 - 50 gig discs)
better video game depth and more content (something they always forget, because they make a game for 2-3-8-10 hours last and thats it)

as for the better effects, more polygons and all the above... that is also in the hands of the creator... If they don't bother much, they all look the same (old and new)

Edited by Orion, 09 February 2013 - 06:19 AM.

#10 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:20 AM

Must admit even some of the better WiiU stuff does not look that much better than current Xbox stuff, i know its early days however. On Black ops 2 for example the graphics on Xbox look very good but then when you look at the blokes hand its clear they are not as detailed as first impression gives.
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#11 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

Next gen = better DOF

They are already doing this beyond what anyone currently is. Check out crysis 2 on pc with dx11 enabled. Crysis 3 looks to have improved even further. Cryengine 3 is a next gen engine, and everything points to Crysis 3 on PC being a next gen game. What areas specifically do you fell there DOF is not where next gen will be at.

better tessellation

How so? I think the tessellation is fine and a significant change in how it is implemented is how we shall get improvements.

Have you seen the textures being used in crysis 3? I have played the beta and they are reasonably good there, and that is in a beta release (as I just said) which likely does not have all the bells and whistles the full release will have.

better lighting effects

Once again, Cryengine 3 is already doing next gen lighting effects.

better animation system (for example unexpressed faces, hair tha looks like a shaving cream)

Crysis 3 is using motion capture, just look at the videos on the character Psycho. Now how widespread this will be on all characters is currently unknown, but we know that all the main characters (bar you of course) are of extremely high quality. I personally see the quality of motion capture being the basis of improvement, however I would be beyond shocked if most next gen games where in the next few years anywhere near as good as are in Crysis 3 simply as a result of the cost of doing so.

Why do you think it is size that is the issue? We already have 40+GB games. In fact Uncharted 3 was so large they cut parts out, which given some characters talked in game without moving there mouths when the camera was in a preset location somewhat contradicts what you are suggesting.

better video game depth and more content (something they always forget, because they make a game for 2-3-8-10 hours last and thats it)

I see more AA titles as apposed to AAA titles doing this next gen, however I don't want all 8 hour campaigns to vanish otherwise we would be without some truly great game series (afterall longer isn't always better). One thing I do see hopefully changing is more ways games are sold, be it via ftp options, or pay per chapter, or simply buying the game outright.

as for the better effects, more polygons and all the above... that is also in the hands of the creator... If they don't bother much, they all look the same (old and new)

Well this is debatable, people like Carmack have talked about how we may have seemingly reached a level where people can't tell the difference between polygon counts in character models. I don't actually agree with him there but we don't know what he was using as source material to test this. But in terms of what we know, the difference is clear between Killzone 2 and 3 (at least to me), though the difference given how many more polygons there where was rather minimal.

Answers in bold.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 09 February 2013 - 07:54 AM.

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:07 AM

Must admit even some of the better WiiU stuff does not look that much better than current Xbox stuff, i know its early days however. On Black ops 2 for example the graphics on Xbox look very good but then when you look at the blokes hand its clear they are not as detailed as first impression gives.

Again, BLOPS2 is a port, and no where near the "better stuff" the Wii U has out there. They ported it from 360 with little to no time with the final hardware. The fact that it can run BLOPS2 or any other 360 port for that matter on it's supposedly "weak" CPU and still pull off equal or better visuals than the source console is stunning actually, considering the game was coded to run on CPU centric systems.

#13 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

u compare what I wrotte, with crysis 3.. but what I wrotte has nothing to do with crysis .... I speak in general for all developers and games. Also gear of wars looks amazing, the last of us, looks amazing... But I point to next gen characteristics into the games... in general.

thats why I writte : NEXT GEN = (not crysis 3 = )

Edited by Orion, 09 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

#14 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:11 AM

u compare what I wrotte, with crysis 3.. but what I wrotte has nothing to do with crysis .... I speak in general for all developers and games. Also gear of wars looks amazing, the last of us, looks amazing... But I point to next gen characteristics into the games... in general.

thats why I writte : NEXT GEN = (not crysis 3 = )

In a thread about next gen vs what is available now (well shortly) in Crysis 3. You also specifically state "crytek overate themselves". CryEngine 3 is next gen, it sis hear now on pc, crytek far from overate themselves as well. How many years did it take for Crysis 1's visuals to be topped. I can only respond to what you did write, gears and last of us do look good, but they do not look next gen.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 10 February 2013 - 12:14 AM.

#15 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

I played crysis, I am not satisfied at all... its a game u play for an hour and u forget after to touch again. "I dont like ur next - gen definition"

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

WOW, I didn't see this comimg (Sarcasm)

#17 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

So the Wii U's launch line up didn't make that evident?

#18 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:59 AM

So the Wii U's launch line up didn't make that evident?

No, people dont think the wii u counts. They expect orbis and durango to make the same leak as ps360, despite us already having the specs, and knowing this is not happening, and people from epic, crytek, and former id employees telling us its not going to happen... They still froth at the mouth about the hugebjump thats not going to happen.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#19 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Crytek:
"next gen games won't looking better than crysis 3... Unless we make them..." lol

Marketing speak.

In a year they'll be saying "wow. We are so awesome that we've unlocked a new universe of potential from the u, omni, and x.

That how we work.

#20 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

Next gen =

better DOF
better tessellation
better lighting effects

None of that translates into fun to me, I just want seamless games that run smooth, superior graphics or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!