#1 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

An effort to calm disappointed Wii U owners?

https://www.facebook...151284871242293
Posted Image

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Look at those comments. I think they got the message. Damage control now

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

My thoughts as well.
Posted Image

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:57 AM

Nobody asked for this.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

POPULAR

Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

to little too late !

the damage is already done now, i have seen that many have already canceled pre-orders for Rayman including myself, regardless of what Ubi do now people won't buy it for the Wii U.

#7 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Woah, OH MAN! This TOTALLY makes up for the half-a-year delay!

#8 meitantei_conan

meitantei_conan

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • NNID:qublin_triforce

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

lol Some much more raging. will it ever end?

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:39 PM

Ha ha ha, oh wow, ive gotta check miiverse now.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

"Hey... hey guys... we're not publishing finished game... how'd you all like a demo?" ~ Ubisoft, 2013

794144.png?13383682

#11 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

Calling it now:

1 week before the new, exclusive demo goes live on the eShop, Ubisoft will issue a press release stating that the demo has been delayed for 2 months and is also appearing on PSN & Xbox Live. All 3 consoles will receive the demo on the same day. :P
Posted Image

#12 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

The amount of heat they are getting, keeping in mind it's only the most vocal 1%, should tell them that they would sell very well if they released it now. Once they start seeing preorders disappear into thin air...

Releasing a demo of a finished title that you are holding back for 6+ months is about the worst business decision they could have made, considering they aren't going to sell enough on the other two consoles to make a huge difference, they just lost confidence from many a Wii U owner, and they are adding extra costs they won't likely recoup to the dev cycle.

#13 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

you can all blame the higher ups and M$ for the delay.

you know what would be funny. if they released the entire game as the demo, but just got rid of the last level or the credits. :P

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

The MS rule doesn't apply for exclusive titles, unless it was Ubi's plan all along to take it multiplat, which you think they would have just told everyone.

It would have had to be either Ubi reaching out to MS and Sony to take it multiplat, or MS and Sony coming to Ubi to bring it to their consoles. I'm inclined to believe its the former, and it's completely Ubi's fault for the delay and the loss of exclusivity.

#15 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

The amount of heat they are getting, keeping in mind it's only the most vocal 1%, should tell them that they would sell very well if they released it now. Once they start seeing preorders disappear into thin air...

Releasing a demo of a finished title that you are holding back for 6+ months is about the worst business decision they could have made, considering they aren't going to sell enough on the other two consoles to make a huge difference, they just lost confidence from many a Wii U owner, and they are adding extra costs they won't likely recoup to the dev cycle.

You bring up an interesting point. Didn't Origins on PS3 and 360, combined, sell something like 1.2 million copies?
Posted Image

#16 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Ubisoft, you got yourselves into this, a demo won't save you from hate. So you've been listening to fans huh? Yet nobody asked for a demo, we all wanted the actual game. I guess Ubisoft just doesn't want to do anything, except damage control. Tomorrow they'll make up for it by making the release date one day earlier. Ubi, the fans aren't happy, the devs aren't happy, so give us what we want most. You give PS3 and 360 owners Rayman Legends, yet they never did anything to get it. Yet here we are with a petition nearing 5,000 people to change the release date back, and you give us a demo.

Edited by Bolbi, 08 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#17 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:29 AM

Stupidity.
They could sell 2 million games right away. And then continue selling throught the year.

Instead, they tick off people who will now boycott and then offer a dumbed down version of the game to people who will be spending their money on new consoles and next gen games at the time it releases.

Unbelievable. They are going to hurt from this one.

#18 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:21 AM

In an Heroical move the Projectleader of the development team rebels against Ubisoft Director of Marketing and get's support from the investors. Once replacing the head of marketing, he eagerly corrects his predecessors move and makes Rayman Legends available right now, on disc and as download. The Newfound hero sets the trend and in many big publishing houses a war between devs and managements is at hand. Revolutionizing the industry....

Ah...sweet dreams. (ow yes, Spruitjes again)

Edited by Lupaie, 09 February 2013 - 04:22 AM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#19 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

to little too late !
the damage is already done now, i have seen that many have already canceled pre-orders for Rayman including myself, regardless of what Ubi do now people won't buy it for the Wii U.

As much as I'm disappointed by the delay I will still get the game and get it for the Wii U. I don't think making it multiplatform was a bad move but considering the Wii U version is probably finished or almost finished and the fact its already gone through one delay before this it should be released when it was meant to be at the end of the month with the other versions released when they're ready later on in the year. Its all very well releasing a new demo but if it wasn't for Nintendo's ridiculous and nonsensical policy of limiting plays on their demos it wouldn't be so bad.

you can all blame the higher ups and M$ for the delay.
you know what would be funny. if they released the entire game as the demo, but just got rid of the last level or the credits. :P

Absolute rubbish. Its got nothing to do with MS or even Sony but a ridiculous business decision on Ubisoft's part that makes no sense. Considering how much they have supported Nintendo consoles over the years and especially at the launch of their consoles this move to delay makes no sense and they should just release the game on the Wii U now and the other versions when they're done.

Ubisoft, you got yourselves into this, a demo won't save you from hate. So you've been listening to fans huh? Yet nobody asked for a demo, we all wanted the actual game. I guess Ubisoft just doesn't want to do anything, except damage control. Tomorrow they'll make up for it by making the release date one day earlier. Ubi, the fans aren't happy, the devs aren't happy, so give us what we want most. You give PS3 and 360 owners Rayman Legends, yet they never did anything to get it. Yet here we are with a petition nearing 5,000 people to change the release date back, and you give us a demo.

I disagree. There is nothing wrong in making the game multiplatform. What is wrong is waiting to release the Wii U version until the other versions are ready when there is no reason to.

I do think that Ubisoft are probably disappointed with the sales of the console may well feel that rather them releasing the game now it would be better to wait until the install base is much larger. I don't agree with this if it is true as they should just release the game if its done. They can always do a second marketing push for the Wii U version when the other versions are released.

#20 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

As much as I'm disappointed by the delay I will still get the game and get it for the Wii U. I don't think making it multiplatform was a bad move but considering the Wii U version is probably finished or almost finished and the fact its already gone through one delay before this it should be released when it was meant to be at the end of the month with the other versions released when they're ready later on in the year. Its all very well releasing a new demo but if it wasn't for Nintendo's ridiculous and nonsensical policy of limiting plays on their demos it wouldn't be so bad.

Absolute rubbish. Its got nothing to do with MS or even Sony but a ridiculous business decision on Ubisoft's part that makes no sense. Considering how much they have supported Nintendo consoles over the years and especially at the launch of their consoles this move to delay makes no sense and they should just release the game on the Wii U now and the other versions when they're done.

I disagree. There is nothing wrong in making the game multiplatform. What is wrong is waiting to release the Wii U version until the other versions are ready when there is no reason to.

I do think that Ubisoft are probably disappointed with the sales of the console may well feel that rather them releasing the game now it would be better to wait until the install base is much larger. I don't agree with this if it is true as they should just release the game if its done. They can always do a second marketing push for the Wii U version when the other versions are released.

I don't think the problem is the game going multiplatform, it's great that more people are going to get this game. It's just that Ubisoft supposedly " heard the outcry" for Rayman Legends on PS360, despite no petitions, or actual outcry for it. Yet there's a petition spread around of Ubisoft's Facebook with 5,000 people to get the original release date back, and they're not listening. I think it's obvious that Ubisoft didn't do the port because of the fans, obviously for money or problems with Nintendo. But if you're going to use the statement that you ported the game due to fan outcry, you should at least acknowledge the huge petition going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!