• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 negative_zero

negative_zero

Goomba

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

If indeed "X" is Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

I have a bunch of things on my wish list, but for this top 10 list I focused more on improvements to stuff that was already in Xenoblade Chronicles as opposed to crazy new ideas.

http://www.negativew...onicles-2-aka-x

What do you think?

I have some crazy new ideas too though. The trailer seemed to suggest that specific parts of monsters can now be targeted, which leads to all kinds of potential awesomeness. Anyone remember Chrono Trigger?! Having to take out certain parts of enemies before you could attack the others? I love that kind of thing.

#2 Fiery

Fiery

Wingus

• Members
  • 917 posts
  • NNID:Fieryguns

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

I get whatever I want. Any suggestions here will be put in the game.

#3 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Not a bad read, though I have to disagree with you on some things.
First of all, as someone one the site you linked us to said, you can give three basic orders to your party members. If you hold down ZR on the classic controller you can press up on the d-pad to make your party members focus on the enemy you're targeting. Then right makes them just do their own thing, and down makes them go to your side and stop attacking.
Second, I don't really have much trouble with the chain-attack. If you set yourself up properly before hand, you can do enough damage to easily get at least one more bar on the party gauge by the time it's over. Also, if you kill a monster in a chain attack, you automatically add another bar to the party gauge. That means if you kill three monsters in one chain attack (hard, but possible) you automatically have a full party gauge. A good way to get the most out of a chain attack is to get Shulk behind the enemy, use shadow eye, then start the chain attack, that way all damage he deals with physical arts will have a boost in damage without having to waist a turn.
Third, I didn't really have much trouble with having to hunt down secret areas and alternate skill trees, though maybe that's because I was one of those people who put in 150+ hours into my playthrough. :P
Also, I managed to make the jump you were talking about without the quick-step gem. It takes a few tries, but you can make it to where you can grab onto the ledge below without any special gems equipped (though I imagine the gem does help).
Posted Image

#4 aaron

aaron

noraA

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Fandom:
    You

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

Don't hope for anything until it's confirmed.
But I'd want some Cameos from the last game.

by chance

#5 lucario23

lucario23

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

a slightly less we-are-obviously-going-after-skyrim art style Seriously, the exotic, colorful scenery was my favorite part of xenoblade. this looked too "hardcore" in appearance and thus looks pretty bland, though I'm sure the gameplay is solid. xenoblade's was and this doesn't look much different

#6 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

a slightly less we-are-obviously-going-after-skyrim art style Seriously, the exotic, colorful scenery was my favorite part of xenoblade. this looked too "hardcore" in appearance and thus looks pretty bland, though I'm sure the gameplay is solid. xenoblade's was and this doesn't look much different

These thoughtless shortsighted posts never cease to irritate the crap out of me.

Not every area in xenoblade was satorl marsh at night, or eryth sea. There were areas in xenoblade JUST as 'colorless' as what was shown in the x trailer, and their inclusion is important, its called contrast.

Anyways, what i want most out of X is for the streaming engine to 'go all the way'. Xenoblade was good, damn good, the best yet ive ever seen, you could look at a city miles off in the distance and run through its gates into the streets and look back up to the mountain you were before. You wouldnt get a loading screen unless you 'left the area'

But this time, I want no loading screens at all.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!