Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

"at this time".

Sounds like support could be possible in the future with a patch.

http://www.siliconer...nchuk-on-wii-u/
Posted Image

#2 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

3Dude is not supporting resident evil revelations hd.... at this time.

Edited by 3Dude, 12 February 2013 - 11:47 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

I'm ok with this. I think the gamepad will be perfect for a RE game. Now i'm still waiting for new RE game.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

Kinda lame, but whatever. Wiimote and Nunchuck was the best way to play RE4, but this is hardly a dealbreaker.

#5 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I think some devs are going to make a decision about which controls on the Wii U offer the experience they are trying to put forth. There may be games that don't offer that support and there may be some that claim to play better with it.

#6 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Not sure how I feel about this: The Wii Remote/Nunchuck was the best way to play Resident Evil 4, but the Gamepad's touch screen will give it the same inventory system as the 3DS version.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

i wont miss nunchuk and wii mote the gamepad is the best thing about the wii u.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#8 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

People actually think this is a bad thing?

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#9 logitech

logitech

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Wiimote + nunchuck is pretty much as close as optimal a control scheme one can get for shooters or other games that require precise aiming on consoles... so yes, it is a bad thing. :P

Edited by logitech, 12 February 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#10 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Wiimote + nunchuck is pretty much as close as optimal a control scheme one can get for shooters or other games that require precise aiming on consoles... so yes, it is a bad thing. :P

Ugh...I forgot people actually like motion controls. For Metroid Prime 3 with its lock on system the motion control aiming worked well but constantly having to aim at the screen is just a pain, while more precise it's twice as frustrating as less precise control schemes. This isn't a game that requires the player to be all that precise with their aiming, the controls on the 3DS were quite good with the one analog stick so motion control doesn't seem like an optimal control scheme for a survival horror game like this.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#11 logitech

logitech

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

You're right that people have different preferences. I'm just saying more options is (almost) always a good thing. It's probably more of a time/money issue than anything, since I don't see how RE4-style controls would really be a detriment to the game.

#12 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

My first reaction was a screw face like - "what, why not, that's ridiculous"...but then i realized, it makes sense because the gamepad is better for it, or else you can choose the game pad pro.
wii-motes really shouldn't be the controller priority for wii-u i think, so if more games start dropping it, i wouldn't mind.

#13 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:31 PM

i want play this with wii zapper, i need wii mote/plus and nunchunk

i want use my classic controller pros because i dont want pay €50 for wii u pro controller in muiltplayer mode

#14 mii-gamer

mii-gamer

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Pokemon

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:57 AM

Hopefully future updates will change this

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Ugh...I forgot people actually like motion controls. For Metroid Prime 3 with its lock on system the motion control aiming worked well but constantly having to aim at the screen is just a pain, while more precise it's twice as frustrating as less precise control schemes. This isn't a game that requires the player to be all that precise with their aiming, the controls on the 3DS were quite good with the one analog stick so motion control doesn't seem like an optimal control scheme for a survival horror game like this.

Why are you using a launch game as an example? And before motion plus existed and removed complaints like having to constantly point at the screen?

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:15 AM

Why are you using a launch game as an example? And before motion plus existed and removed complaints like having to constantly point at the screen?

I used MP3 as an example since it's probably the best first person (adventure) shooter that uses motion controls that I have played. Motion Plus didn't change having to constantly aim at the screen...I'm talking about it motion controlled shooters, you have to aim at the screen to aim in game so you're going to be constantly aiming at the screen while playing; not the most comfortable way to play a game if you ask me.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#17 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:01 AM

I used MP3 as an example since it's probably the best first person (adventure) shooter that uses motion controls that I have played. Motion Plus didn't change having to constantly aim at the screen...I'm talking about it motion controlled shooters, you have to aim at the screen to aim in game so you're going to be constantly aiming at the screen while playing; not the most comfortable way to play a game if you ask me.

yes it did, and no you dont.

Before motion plus anytime the game lost track of the sensor bar it would freeze or stop working, and a prompt to 'point at the screen' would be displayed. In mp3 specifically the cursor would turn yellow with an x and stop working until you pointed back at the screen.

With motion+ games the system would unobtrusively switch to gyro control, and the game would continue unabated.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#18 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 08:18 AM

it has advantiges yes. early wiimote shooters had lockon (think sniping was the exception). u literly aimed in the center and how reactied first won, then i used snipers without lockon to get actual skill. BO2 after balance fixes gave wiimote advantige at getting the first few shots off accreatly, but wiimote users in that game need to try harder to keep hitting while the DA keeps their precision.

getting confirtable wasnt hard. but dotn sit there holding the controler in the air to aim. like many first time players do. i sit down and usualy have my arm/wrist resting on something, usualy my knee, keeps my arm from getting tired, increases presicion, and removes other drawbacks.  also i usualy turn on turn while off screen options =/. but i will say wiimote takes more skill to use because of how it works.

#19 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:59 AM

Yeah there is no reason to be pointing at the screen with motion+.  That is why it asks you to calibrate so often, it just tracks using the gyros instead.  Noticed this with skyward sword, I don't have to point at the screen for anything.  

#20 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Does it matter? If you don't like the Gamepad you wouldn't buy a Wii U in the first place :P

No sig.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!