#1 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

We recently heard from Riccitiello, who said that the company is investing heavily in what it's calling "gen-four" consoles: the next systems from Sony and from Microsoft but not, in his estimation, Nintendo's Wii U.

On Tuesday it was Jorgensen's turn to speak up about EA's next-gen plans, during a question and answer session at the Goldman Sachs Technology and Internet Conference in San Francisco.

Hinting at a potential holiday release for both consoles, Jorgensen outlined just how much his company is investing in upgrading its tech, did his best to explain why consumers will be making the transition (without, of course, giving away any secrets), and discussed how the cross-platform play that EA has been pushing with its FIFA series is probably going to be reflected in Sony's and Microsoft's console plans.

So what's your take on this article?

http://www.gamasutra...hp#.URsfRh1E7a8

Edited by SDDMN, 12 February 2013 - 09:14 PM.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#2 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

screw EA and their "non-wii u plans" :P

Edited by Cozmo, 12 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

#3 logitech

logitech

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

An important thing to remember is that next-gen consoles will most likely not be backwards compatible…

This really stood out to me.

Looks like there's a decent chance that all digital content bought this gen is gonna be left behind, and eventually lost once Sony and MS shut down their servers.

#4 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

As long as we can get Battlefield 4 il be happy.

EA have just been terrible for so long with fairly mediocre games and lack of support for WiiU.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

im not trying to sound negative or anti nintendo but cant u c that wii u is not going to get much 3rd party

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

^^^what he said. If you bought the wii u expecting a heap of 3rd party games then you bought the wrong console.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

As long as we can get Battlefield 4 il be happy.

EA have just been terrible for so long with fairly mediocre games and lack of support for WiiU.

Mediocre games? Unless you only mean for the wiiU (which is far to young to judge a publisher/developer on). Lets see, the recent good: Need For Speed Most Wanted, Kingdoms Of Amular The Reckoning, Mass Effect Trilogy, Dragon Age 1, Dead Space Trilogy, Battlefield Games, Alice Madness Returns, Fifa games (not sure about the other sport games reception, but the latest fifas have been received extremely positively).

vs the recent bad: Dragon Age 2, Need For Speed The Run, MOHW

Note the above is based on what seems to be the general consensus, not necessarily my own opinion. I am not going to include the crysis series as from what I can tell they merely distribute it and thus don't really act as a publisher as it seems the series is self funded and developed by Crytek themselves. EA despite what you may think about the company itself release many more excellent games then they do average or bad games (at least in recent years). Most people hating on EA are just being sheep thus I treat all who don't provide good reasons as the sheep they most likely are (yet for some reasons when EA donated a large some of money to war veterans no one seemed interested as that didn't equal the evil company so many are desperate for EA to be).

Edited by PedanticGamer, 13 February 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#8 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Well I don't want FIFA anyway. The only thing I care about is Battlefield 4, even though I only played BF3 once but it's pretty decent.
No sig.

#9 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

Unprecedented partnership.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#10 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Never liked EA and I don't think I ever will.

#11 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:55 AM

I still love it how he says next gen is gen4

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

This really just further proves that a lot of developers like EA who don't see the Wii U as "next gen" don't have nearly the creativity of the developers who are excited for it. I think any developer can throw together shiny graphics and make a mediocre game on the PS4/Nextbox, but it takes some creativity to utilize the Wii U and its controls. I also blame laziness, Why create 2 different games when they can create 1 game for the xbox/ps platform and make them identical. I'll take the ingenuity of the developers who are banking on the system over the mediocrity EA develops any day.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

Hmmm...
Sounds like EA is getting very cozy with Microsoft. Too cozy...

#14 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

Hmmm...
Sounds like EA is getting very cozy with Microsoft. Too cozy...

They do say money talks.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!