Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

at least nintendo can actually make their own consoles.

And games...

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#22 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:01 AM

Cough, Zelda, cough, mario, cough donkey king country, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough, cough.

all those titles do at least change to some degree.
whether its toon link vs cel shaded skyward sword, vs gba and ds zelda games
aside from the 2d mario games you have 3d mario like sunshine, very different and galaxy, also different
donkey kong has only had 1 real adventure since n64 with donkey kong returns on wii, but the gamecube jungle beat was a very different game,
kirby changed up and became yarn,then there was kirby mass attack, kirbys canvas curse, all original types of games
star fox adventures and assault are pretty different from starfox 64,
and so forth

God of war, though a great game truly has not changed, other than him getting more angry, and more attacks. This new one will be the most change ever only by adding multiplayer and because now he's not AS angry....

#23 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

i remember this strategy working so well last gen that sony didnt release a rip off wii controller called move.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#24 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Considering how the 3DS is destroying the Vita should they really being talking smack about anyone? That is like a person in 3rd place bashing the 1st place winner. I loved my PS2 but considering how badly the Vita is doing and even PS3 tbh for me at least I think they need to stop trying to talk big and actual deliver. Hopefully they can but i'l wait and see

Posted Image

#25 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I feel bad for Nintendo. They released the Wii U at the worst possible time and its selling less than the Vita, which is pretty much impossible. They also have little to no third party support. The launch of the PS4 and the 720 are going to be a nightmare for them, there is going to be a price cut during the fall. I have a Wii U and hope it doesn't go the way of the Dreamcast because I am a big fan of Nintendo franchises, but when Nintendo blatantly releases 7 year old hardware and then doesn't advertise this is what you get.

Edited by chicagocubsfan, 17 February 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#26 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

I feel bad for Nintendo. They released the Wii U at the worst possible time and its selling less than the Vita, which is pretty much impossible. They also have little to no third party support. The launch of the PS4 and the 720 are going to be a nightmare for them, there is going to be a price cut during the fall. I have a Wii U and hope it doesn't go the way of the Dreamcast because I am a big fan of Nintendo franchises, but when Nintendo blatantly releases 7 year old hardware and then doesn't advertise this is what you get.

Nintendo is not doomed, the Wii U is maybe, but Nintendo as a whole will be ok.

Edited by The Wakasyamo Fan, 17 February 2013 - 03:32 PM.

#27 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Considering how the 3DS is destroying the Vita should they really being talking smack about anyone? That is like a person in 3rd place bashing the 1st place winner. I loved my PS2 but considering how badly the Vita is doing and even PS3 tbh for me at least I think they need to stop trying to talk big and actual deliver. Hopefully they can but i'l wait and see

Well the ps3 probably generated more revenue for Sony then the wii did for Ninetendo. Look at the sales of Nintendo games vs Playstation 3 games and remember sony and Nintendo get around 30% of the money from sales of games on there console. Also Sony introduced how many excellent new ip's this gen (Resistance Trillogy, Demon's Souls, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted Trillogy, LittleBig Planet Series etc) whilst continuing some of the old ips (Killzone, Sly Copper, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank etc). As opposed to Nintendo throwing out a rather lackluster number of admittedly good titles from ip's that have been milked to death (namely Mario, Zelda and Metroid) along with some casual dance and fitness games.

Nintendo may have sold more consoles last gen, but it is doubtful if they where as successful as Sony or Microsoft last gen, and they undeniably did not create as many new ip's or quality exclusives as Sony did with the ps3. Of course you can prefer what Nintendo offered, but don't delude yourself saying that Sony has not been delivering (as they so clearly have been in recent years).
  • CUD likes this

#28 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:43 PM

Don't forget Ni No Kuni too. Best jrpg this gen.

#29 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Well the ps3 probably generated more revenue for Sony then the wii did for Ninetendo. Look at the sales of Nintendo games vs Playstation 3 games and remember sony and Nintendo get around 30% of the money from sales of games on there console. Also Sony introduced how many excellent new ip's this gen (Resistance Trillogy, Demon's Souls, The Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted Trillogy, LittleBig Planet Series etc) whilst continuing some of the old ips (Killzone, Sly Copper, Gran Turismo, Ratchet and Clank etc). As opposed to Nintendo throwing out a rather lackluster number of admittedly good titles from ip's that have been milked to death (namely Mario, Zelda and Metroid) along with some casual dance and fitness games.

Nintendo may have sold more consoles last gen, but it is doubtful if they where as successful as Sony or Microsoft last gen, and they undeniably did not create as many new ip's or quality exclusives as Sony did with the ps3. Of course you can prefer what Nintendo offered, but don't delude yourself saying that Sony has not been delivering (as they so clearly have been in recent years).

Yes but with Wii we also got fun games like Zack and Wiki,Crystal Bearers,Tales of S DotnW,Mad World,No more Heros 1 and 2 and sequal to that DS Drawing Game which was fun,Resident Evil something or anything (Not a RE fan but know it got at least an exclusive) Xenoblade,Last Story and Pandora Tower. TBh I would not count Ni Ni Kuni as a Sony game since wasn';t it released on DS in Japan back in 2009? (Correct me if I'm wrong I may be getting it mixed up with something else). I know ofr myself and friends of mine we liked the Wii exclusives since they were actually fun. I will admit I truly loved uncharted for PS3 but that was the only exclusiveness i liked. Hate Infamous. Not saying that it is a bad game but I just found that game bad myself.

Posted Image

#30 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Yes but with Wii we also got fun games like Zack and Wiki,Crystal Bearers,Tales of S DotnW,Mad World,No more Heros 1 and 2 and sequal to that DS Drawing Game which was fun,Resident Evil something or anything (Not a RE fan but know it got at least an exclusive) Xenoblade,Last Story and Pandora Tower. TBh I would not count Ni Ni Kuni as a Sony game since wasn';t it released on DS in Japan back in 2009? (Correct me if I'm wrong I may be getting it mixed up with something else). I know ofr myself and friends of mine we liked the Wii exclusives since they were actually fun. I will admit I truly loved uncharted for PS3 but that was the only exclusiveness i liked. Hate Infamous. Not saying that it is a bad game but I just found that game bad myself.

LOL, are we really going to include third party titles as that makes the wii's game list in comparison even more dire. The wii doesn't have a single exclusive Resident Evil btw, you are claiming to know a lot but showing you know rather little.

#31 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

LOL, are we really going to include third party titles as that makes the wii's game list in comparison even more dire. The wii doesn't have a single exclusive Resident Evil btw, you are claiming to know a lot but showing you know rather little.

I was talking about games. Doesn't give you the right to insult me. Jesus. Oh well reported for insults

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 18 February 2013 - 05:42 AM.

Posted Image

#32 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

I was talking about games. Doesn't give you the right to insult me. Jesus. Oh well reported for insults

It's not an insult, whilst you where claiming to be knowledgeable, you where stating things that where simply wrong, ergo showing you know less then you are claiming to. That is all.

Edited by PedanticGamer, 18 February 2013 - 06:22 AM.

#33 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

While ago, they posted in my country a link, that PS4 is highly rumored for 300 pounds! If its true, something stinks here... Or ps4 is going to be less or equal to wii U, or nintendo is selling wii U extremly expensive.

http://www.gamefaqs....tion-3/65485018

http://www.gamespot....out-300-pounds.

Edited by Orion, 18 February 2013 - 12:01 PM.

#34 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

It's not an insult, whilst you where claiming to be knowledgeable, you where stating things that where simply wrong, ergo showing you know less then you are claiming to. That is all.

I never said I know anything about sales or crap. I was jsut saying info that others told me here and on Twitter so don't act like I did you meanie

Posted Image

#35 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

I never said I know anything about sales or crap. I was jsut saying info that others told me here and on Twitter so don't act like I did you meanie

Lol, so you realize you where wrong and try and divert the point. Slow clap for you.

I want to get this game sooner or later, the demo was merely mediocre though imho. I however will get it i'm sure, I will be amazed if it is better then Dark Souls though (which is a jrpg in a western style so may not count in some peoples eyes).

Edited by PedanticGamer, 18 February 2013 - 02:53 PM.

#36 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

Lol, so you realize you where wrong and try and divert the point. Slow clap for you.

I want to get this game sooner or later, the demo was merely mediocre though imho. I however will get it i'm sure, I will be amazed if it is better then Dark Souls though (which is a jrpg in a western style so may not count in some peoples eyes).

Demo is pretty terrible compared to the overall game. Got great reviews too.

#37 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Demo is pretty terrible compared to the overall game. Got great reviews too.

I will deff get it, probably just in a month or so as i'm in the middle of two other rpg's atm. :)

#38 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

I've heard some good things about that one as well. I might pick it up, but it would have to far more than just an extra mile to beat Xenoblade in my books. Now THAT was JRPG of the gen (probably even greatest game of all time) in my books.
Posted Image

#39 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

It isn't a rumor, it's true.
They paid for that ad. Sony is known for this, not exactly "shocking".
Yay, yet another Uncharted/God of War/ Sly Cooper/ Killzone game coming to you in the near future!

whoa, whats sly cooper doing on there? This is the first sly game dince its ps2 days.

Honestly i wish sony would 'milk' its older franchises more.

I really dont care much for most of these new ip's that have become popular this gen.

Id love another dark cloud, ghost hunter, colony wats dragoon saga or Alundra (OMG at 3d ps3 alundra).

Well, we will never get a new alundra since Studio liverpools (psygnosis) has been laid off :(

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!