53 replies to this topic

#21 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:58 AM

I want graphics like that and worlds big like that... https://www.youtube....h?v=FjCehYrEbO0

and multiplayer modes, if possible.

ps: wii U can do graphics like that, its not a problem.

I'd like to go up on detail as far as guild wars 2 goes. I want to be as impressed as I was when Resident Evil came out on the gamecube, and I was 16 and my jaw dropped. I'm just so used to that level of detail in a game now. By no means will I complain if it's at GW2 standard, but I want to be able to rub my eyes and say "NO WAY CAN THE WII U HANDLE THIS, IT'S JUST NOT POSSIBLE" now I understand HD gaming has pretty much reached a plateau in visual amazement, but it'd be nice just to see a game as large as a free roaming Zelda game just feel completely mindblowingly next generation.

I guess it's also about how much the CPU and RAM can handle too. I have total faith in those kind of graphics, I'm just hoping to completely blow away critics rather than people say "oh it's just a current gen system that uses current PC textures etc" I know Nintendo will have gameplay nailed, they always do. However to celebrate Nintendo's leap into both HD and next gen consoles I feel it needs to have that wow factor visually.

If it's not Zelda do it with a Metroid or a new IP.

EDIT: Does this mean this is a load of crap?

Anyway think this says it all:

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/159/1/4/zelda_hd_for_wii_u_____by_nintendowiiu-d3iey4v.png

Edited by Penguin101, 18 February 2013 - 08:08 AM.

#22 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 AM

Is anyone in favour of voice acting? Personally, I would be upset if they added voice acting. I dont think it would add anything to the game, and I have never played a Nintendo game that had good voice acting.

#23 Portal

Portal

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,075 posts
  • NNID:AwewomeMii
  • Fandom:
    StarWars and Korra

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:49 AM

This is what I'd like.

Some people always have a cellphone on them. I'm so awesome I always have a 3DS.
Signature_Portal1.png
Check out my blog! Portal's Portal

#24 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Is anyone in favour of voice acting? Personally, I would be upset if they added voice acting. I dont think it would add anything to the game, and I have never played a Nintendo game that had good voice acting.

Yeah voice acting in Zelda is just wrong, having txt really allows it to personalise the character and allows to choose dialogue options :D

#25 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

no they need to now make a side quest for link, rememember ocarina of time then majoras mask! This time skyward sword - ????????TBA?????????????

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#26 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

no they need to now make a side quest for link, rememember ocarina of time then majoras mask! This time skyward sword - ????????TBA?????????????

You mean another alternate timeline? No thanks....Personally i'd like to see the 3DS version be a sequel to Zelda II Link's Awakening and Wii U version be a Sequel to Twilight Princess Parallel in the timeline to the 3DS Zelda.

Edited by Penguin101, 18 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#27 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Which is a good thing. You did say "new" villain...

Yes, I suppose.... same thing said for mario... :/

Malladus, Demise.. We haven't seen Ganon in since 2006, which would be about 8/9 years until Zelda U releases. I want him back, even though I wouldn't mourn his absence.

Mostly this yeah. Non-linearity has been confirmed I think.

I hope the graphics are like the Zelda HD E3 2011 tech demo!

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#28 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I wouldn't mind voice acting, IF it was in Hylian. Think of Shadow of the Colossus. The game featured voice acting if I'm not mistaken, but it was in a fictional language made specifically for the game. I think it would really help flesh-out Hylian culture if they created an original Hylian language. This way they could also just have one voice cast, and not have to worry about dubbing for localization. We already have Midna and Fi mubleing some kind of gibberish when they talk, so why not just make a full language.
Posted Image

#29 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

I wouldn't mind voice acting, IF it was in Hylian. Think of Shadow of the Colossus. The game featured voice acting if I'm not mistaken, but it was in a fictional language made specifically for the game. I think it would really help flesh-out Hylian culture if the created an original Hylian language. This way they could also just have one voice cast, and not have to worry about dubbing for localization. We already have Midna and Fi mubleing some kind of gibberish when they talk, so why not just make a full language.

That's not a bad idea, I wouldn't mind it in English though. Gravity Rush is another example of a game that featured a fictional language but it wasn't a text or cutscene heavy game either so in that respect I think Zelda could benefit from voice acting in a real language.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#30 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

I like how you both pick Shadow of the Colossus and Gravity Rush...

which were made by the same studio.

So let's just get the Sony studio to make the next Zelda eh? lol

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#31 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

I like how you both pick Shadow of the Colossus and Gravity Rush...

which were made by the same studio.

So let's just get the Sony studio to make the next Zelda eh? lol

Sounds like a plan.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#32 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Open World with a graphics style similar to that shown in the e3 demo, and voice acting (although not for link, much like the protagonist in Dragon Age is still silent).

#33 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I think the demos showed at E3, was for a more powerful devkit, real time CGI style rendered graphics... but who knows... probably it can do it.

Thats the biggest mistake of nintendo, they changed a couple of times wii U specs after 2011 and many developers got angry.

Edited by Orion, 19 February 2013 - 01:50 AM.

#34 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'd like to have a game where you play the first few hours as Ganon (shocker) to find out why he is the bad guy and give you more of an emotional attachment to him. Much like what they did with AC3.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#35 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'd love to see a Zelda game which focuses more on magic, heavily based on the four elements. I'd prefer this to be without a magic meter though, maybe one is required at the start but as Link becomes proficient in his magic use he no longer needs specific resources, or something happens to the world that allows him to use magic without expending resources...
Not yet sure how most of this magic would be used but maybe imbuing your sword with different elements, real time. Fully replacing certain items, where does he keep all his items anyway :P. Ability to use magic just with his hands instead of through items like the ice and fire rod. Maybe he'll become so powerful he's able to change the seasons, since he's already been able to change wind direction and time itself why not control the seasons :) .

A world big enough so that it wraps around itself. I don't want massive cliffs or mountains blocking my path to something that doesn't exist, I want to be able to run in a straight line and after a considerable amount of time end up in the same place. Be awesome to see the curve of the world when standing om something like death mountain for example. Lost Woods big enough to actually get lost in it.
The world should be filled with caves, floating islands, underwater cities etc, lots of places to explore that have nothing or little to do with the main story line. Rewards for exploring such places could be items or magic abilities not needed to complete the story.

I want to be as lost as I was when I first started playing The Legend of Zelda for NES. Dropped in the middle of a world with no clue where to go. You're encouraged to explore and as you do the story starts to unfold. Zelda has become too much of a guided experience in my opinion.

Lots of collectibles with rewards, like the skulltulas, poe souls, treasure charts etc.

Dynamic Difficulty Setting; with this I mean that the game keeps track of all your battles, much like SS, and uses this information to adjust monsters AI, speed, abilities, life and other things to keep the game challenging for the elite yet accessible for the beginner. Instead of just setting the highest difficulty, try reaching and keeping it. How fast you kill a monster, what items you've used how much damage you've taken could all be taken into account to adjust the battle accordingly until eventually every mob you encounter has the potential of a real fight.

This started by just wanting to say I want more magic... so, sorry bout the wall ^^
I've made the important parts bold for lazy readers.

(As said before should make this a Zelda U Discussion thread to avoid dozens of Zelda topics n the future. )

#36 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

Art Style - To no big surprise, I was REALLY impressed with the tech demo. I would love to see that style again. Not expecting it though. Just a Hope.

Large Open World - I want something really grand. Something not too dissimilar to the openness of a GTA title in terms of Exploration and Size.

Enemy - It's hard to say no to Ganon. I want to see him not as Ganondorf, but his true form much like it was in Link To The Past. There should also be a puppet as well. By means, a secondary evil that is doing Ganon's bidding like Ghirahim (only not him, someone you can actually take seriously)

Items - We need a lot more tools and weapon options that are given a lot more use. Unlike the Spinner or the Dominion Rod. More like what we got, again, in LttP. I also want those 3 massive spells that LttP had. Those were hella fun. As they did in SS, I want gear and weapons upgradable multiple times. More bottles (4 is NEVER enough). Lastly, a badass trade sequence weapon reward, like the Biggoron Sword. I also want multiple armor sets that functionality passed what they are initially meant for. Like, in OoT/TP, the blue tunic is meant for swimming, past that it was just a tunic with a different color. Maybe they can start adding stats to gear?

Mount - I want Epona. She should also be given armor sets that are upgradable making her into a warhorse. There should be multiple saddles that increase abilities like speed. There should also be other animals like in TP (The Boar) that you can ride as well.

Story - I think it's time we get another deep story arch like Majora's Mask had. Not necessarily as dark, but just as in depth and interesting. With a killer ending to boot.

NPC's - I want this world to be a lot more lively. Like there has been enough time since Ganons' last rule for civilization to properly blossom. Again like MM, each person should have their own little story. Not just a shallow person that is just there to take up space. As for a partner for Link? I would love a new character that is cool looking, smart and tolerable like Midna who also has a very deep background and integral to the plot. Who can be playable by a second player. Nintendo has mentioned that they want to change that around. That is surely one way to do it.

Landscape - We should have the main large continent of Hyrule and its usual areas (forest, volcano,lake, desert, grasslands), but there should be ocean as well that is traversable to other reasonably big land locations. Maybe somewhere else there is a Jungle, a large Ice scape area, Marshes...areas we have rarely or never seen before in Zelda's. In some way, I would like to see a seconday world of sorts. However that can be worked out. It would just add a lot more exploration and...everything else.

GamePad Mechanics - Menu Access (obviously) and..whatever Nintendo can cleverly come up with. No part of this device should go unused.

What I DONT want:

I seriously dont want to do any more of those...light collecting challenges EVER again. It was mildly entertaining in TP, but pissed me the hell off in SS (they motivated me to stop playing entirely). NO MORE!!

Edited by DragonChi, 25 February 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#37 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Maybe they can start adding stats to gear?

While I agree with most you mention and would love to see all that, please no stats on gear. I was just thinking how so many games, especially rpg games just come down to number crunching. Increase stat A with X%. I wish they would do away with all that. Games tend to get too technical to my liking.

#38 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

While I agree with most you mention and would love to see all that, please no stats on gear. I was just thinking how so many games, especially rpg games just come down to number crunching. Increase stat A with X%. I wish they would do away with all that. Games tend to get too technical to my liking.

What I meant by stats, is like...an invisible increase in str, stamina or defence. Including resistances. You would never see any numbers. They would just give you a basic increase. the only numbers would be in the programing and it would be incredibly basic. Not for the player to have to figure out. It would just give a description of what it increases and tells you how in a casual sense what you have gained. Similar to when the fairy gives you double defense in your hearts so you take half damage. Just like that.

Edited by DragonChi, 25 February 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#39 TheSparrow87

TheSparrow87

Thwomp

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Even so, I'd much rather see things that alter the gameplay much more drastically than 'you are now stronger' or 'you can now survive longer'.

How about there are 4 costumes, Dark Green, Blue, Dark Red and White. Each representing a natural element. Earth (I know, earth isn't green but brown wouldn't look nice :P ), Water, Fire and Wind, respectively. Now, instead of just adding resistance to the associated element, how about you gain a passive and/or active ability on each of these.

Earth could allow you to actively block attacks that would break your shield or the nature aspect of it allow you to interact with animals and plants.
Water, besides the obvious breathing under water, allows you to absorb certain attacks and channel them elsewhere, maybe to gain magic or life, or 'store' the attack for later use.
Fire, besides allowing you to stay in close proximity of hot temperatures, could perhaps be ignited to light up dark areas or damage yourself and foes around you.
Wind could allow you to visit floating islands or give you the ability to reflect projectiles and redirect them.

These are all just things that pop in my head just now so I'm sure if a decent mind is put to it proper ideas would come forth.

#40 DragonChi

DragonChi

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Diablo and Zelda

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

that....is more or less what i was talking about. just more functionality that makes sense for whatever set piece it is. they should all be enhancing in some way or another. Besides their basic function.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!