Photo

Would you play on a Wii U Forums Minecraft server?

Minecraft Azuras Wii U Forums

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#61 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:38 PM

What is enderman?

A new Minecraft mob. Google is your friend.

Is minecraft really an awesome game? I still am thinking about getting it when I'm out of games next year. (March-ish... I think?)

It's an extremely fun, addictive and creative game. It's more fun than most fully priced retail games, and it only costs a fraction of the price.

#62 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

Google is your friend.

Google was the best thing ever made. EVER. I'm 80% serious.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#63 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Bastion BioShock

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

A new Minecraft mob. Google is your friend.

It's an extremely fun, addictive and creative game. It's more fun than most fully priced retail games, and it only costs a fraction of the price.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly do you do? I know you can build stuff, but is there anything else besides that?

#64 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what exactly do you do? I know you can build stuff, but is there anything else besides that?

There isn't a main aim to the game (you can do whatever you want) but there's a lot of stuff to do. You can build things to survive the night or just because you want to, you can mine for a wide variety of blocks, you can craft tools and armor, go hunting mobs (creatures that you get some resources from), go exploring, build a gateway to the Nether (Minecraft's equivilent of hell, it has special hell-mobs) and then go online to do all of those things with other people.The way most people start off is by: punching trees to get wood, using the wood craft a wooden pickaxe, mining to get stone then crafting a much more efficient stone pickaxe - and it continues on with you gradually crafting better items. At night hostile mobs spawn (unlike day mobs, they attack you when they see you) so you should have a house with torches (you make them with coal and a stick) inside to survive the night. There's a lot more to get to know about Minecraft and I suggest you go to Minepedia.com to see if it's the right game for you.

#65 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

There isn't a main aim to the game (you can do whatever you want) but there's a lot of stuff to do. You can build things to survive the night or just because you want to, you can mine for a wide variety of blocks, you can craft tools and armor, go hunting mobs (creatures that you get some resources from), go exploring, build a gateway to the Nether (Minecraft's equivilent of hell, it has special hell-mobs) and then go online to do all of those things with other people.The way most people start off is by: punching trees to get wood, using the wood craft a wooden pickaxe, mining to get stone then crafting a much more efficient stone pickaxe - and it continues on with you gradually crafting better items. At night hostile mobs spawn (unlike day mobs, they attack you when they see you) so you should have a house with torches (you make them with coal and a stick) inside to survive the night. There's a lot more to get to know about Minecraft and I suggest you go to Minepedia.com to see if it's the right game for you.

checking it out now. Let's see if Minecraft is something for me or not...

Edit: It brings me to somekind of arabic page. Are you sure you gave me the right link?

Edited by Brian6330, 14 August 2011 - 04:48 PM.

#66 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Edited by BazzDropperz, 13 July 2014 - 11:51 PM.

#67 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Sorry about that, try www.minecraftwiki.net. I reccomend you read the stuff under the "popular and useful pages" section.

On it!

Edit: Where's the popular and useful pages section?

Edit: Played 10 minutes of demo. It's too complicated so I'm gonna just ditch this game... (It's too complicated to get into...)

Edited by Brian6330, 14 August 2011 - 07:44 PM.

#68 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 03:34 AM

On it!

Edit: Played 10 minutes of demo. It's too complicated so I'm gonna just ditch this game... (It's too complicated to get into...)

Demo? You mean classic? Please don't ditch it D: I guearantee you'll have fun if you learn the controls of classic then move on to the paid version (the paid version is a lot better).

Edited by NinjaShock, 15 August 2011 - 03:34 AM.

#69 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

On it!

Minecraft? Complicated?
Ha. Try Dwarf Fortress for complicated. No, I'm serious... 2 several hour-long video tutorials and a wiki tutorial, and I'm still a but confused for that one...

4 steps to minecraft:
1. Make sure the game plays without any sort of lag, and if so turn down the settings. The game is not fun with lag.
2. http://www.minecraft...eginner's_guide
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#70 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:15 AM

I did use the beginner's guide... I downloaded demo of minecraft on which you can play for 1hour 40minutes. It's the same as the paid version, except that after that time is over you can't use it anymore.

It's just that with the crafting and stuff, it has a steep learning curve, and I don't like having to check a wiki/guide/manual every 10 seconds...

Also, I do have a little lag with all settings on low. At least it's not as bad as the lag I had while playing Portal 2...

I might continue in the demo, but I don't like having to check a wiki every 10seconds. If I try to figure it out by myself, I'll be playing for hours, while not advancing at all... (Also, I finished making torches yesterday, so I gotta build a house. If I'm bored, or finish Spirit Tracks or get enough encouragement, I might pick it up again. Since the demo can save.)

Edited by Brian6330, 15 August 2011 - 07:35 AM.

#71 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:53 AM

I did use the beginner's guide... I downloaded demo of minecraft on which you can play for 1hour 40minutes. It's the same as the paid version, except that after that time is over you can't use it anymore.

It's just that with the crafting and stuff, it has a steep learning curve, and I don't like having to check a wiki/guide/manual every 10 seconds...

Also, I do have a little lag with all settings on low. At least it's not as bad as the lag I had while playing Portal 2...

I might continue in the demo, but I don't like having to check a wiki every 10seconds. If I try to figure it out by myself, I'll be playing for hours, while not advancing at all... (Also, I finished making torches yesterday, so I gotta build a house. If I'm bored, or finish Spirit Tracks or get enough encouragement, I might pick it up again. Since the demo can save.)

Just making sure :)
The key to not needing to use the wiki constantly is to think about crafting logically... The pickax looks like a pickax, the shovel looks like a shovel, ect.

Also, don't bother with redstone or anything complicated until you get used to the game. Its more of a pain than its worth at the beginning.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#72 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 15 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

Just making sure ;)
The key to not needing to use the wiki constantly is to think about crafting logically... The pickax looks like a pickax, the shovel looks like a shovel, ect.

Also, don't bother with redstone or anything complicated until you get used to the game. Its more of a pain than its worth at the beginning.

I'll see if I finish getting heart pieces in OoT MQ and finish Spirit Tracks and the few side-quests I might play through the demo I download (if I'm bored.). I'd only buy this game if a lot of people on this forum were playing it and I could join the server that Feld0 might put up after the enderman update. Then someone could help me along in-game and I'd actually feel like playing it as I'm in a community of people ;) If that happens, then I'm sold on the game as I do kinda like it, but am too lazy to start learning all the stuff, just to forget it a few weeks later, and starting from scratch again in a few months :)

#73 HaHa-No

HaHa-No

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 358 posts
  • Fandom:
    Lucky Star, Animal Crossing, Darkwave.

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

That's what I did. Stare at her avatar for 15 minutes. GIFs FTW!

Hem hem.
Her?

http://www.20b.org/

^Click it

^I agree with this guy

You know you want to! 'Tis leaked Nintendo information!

#74 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:59 PM

It's offical: I'm buying Minecraft :D :D :D

In about 2 weeks

#75 Makar

Makar

Grand Curator of Random Facts

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Pikmin, Tales of..

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

This is an AWESOME idea, unfortunately I wouldn't be able to fund this as I am a teenager with no access to online banking D:

Edited by Makar, 28 August 2011 - 04:29 AM.

Posted Image

#76 MLdragoMaster

MLdragoMaster

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Played it, loved it. Thanks Makar. I'd love to have our own server!!!
Posted Image

#77 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

I suggest mine craft to anyone that is wondering if they should buy it. It is totally worth it, tons of hours to just fool around and have fun. Not to mention online play never gets old.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#78 0003mg

0003mg

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Fandom:
    Way too many to list

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:52 PM

I would like to do this, but it depends on the price for me. I already have to save up for the truckload of amazing games coming out at the end of this year.

#79 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

To clarify a few things.

Yes, this server is still going to happen. We will begin preparations to launch it shortly after the 1.8 Adventure Update comes out, as that will introduce official mod support (which is no doubt a better idea than CraftBukkit).

Also, the server will be free for all members of the forum. However, I may need to implement certain restrictions to prevent it from crashing my websites - keeping those up is still my #1 priority, and I will have to shut Minecraft down during large events or other high-traffic periods. But you wouldn't be playing Minecraft during something like E3, anyway, right? Other measures may be introduced as necessary, but we'll see how it goes first.

#80 Brian6330

Brian6330

Piano playing Gamer

• Members
  • 1,533 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:42 AM

However, I may need to implement certain restrictions to prevent it from crashing my websites - keeping those up is still my #1 priority, and I will have to shut Minecraft down during large events or other high-traffic periods. But you wouldn't be playing Minecraft during something like E3, anyway, right? Other measures may be introduced as necessary, but we'll see how it goes first.

Makes sense to have this. What will be the number of the people who can be online at the same time?

Edited by Brian6330, 29 August 2011 - 04:43 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Minecraft, Azuras, Wii U Forums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!