#101 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

As cool as it would be, I really really want a new IP out of Retro. I dislike how they've kind of been forced into making nothing but games using already existing Nintendo IPs. They had some good ideas with Raven Blade that I would LOVE to see make it into whatever they're making for Wii U. I'd rather have the Japanese Nintendo devs handle games like Star Fox.

Well maybe there big project could be a new Nintendo IP. Either way, I still think Retro should develop StarFox, just make one of there possibly many projects.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#102 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:18 PM

As cool as it would be, I really really want a new IP out of Retro. I dislike how they've kind of been forced into making nothing but games using already existing Nintendo IPs. They had some good ideas with Raven Blade that I would LOVE to see make it into whatever they're making for Wii U. I'd rather have the Japanese Nintendo devs handle games like Star Fox.

I fell the same, however Retro has the ability to create one amazing Zelda game. Imagine Raven Blade style darkness mixed with Zelda and his Master Sword? I think it would be awesome!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#103 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#104 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 20 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

I fell the same, however Retro has the ability to create one amazing Zelda game. Imagine Raven Blade style darkness mixed with Zelda and his Master Sword? I think it would be awesome!

Imagine Raven Blade style darkness mixed with Zelda and his Master Sword?

Zelda and his Master Sword

Zelda and his Master Sword

Posted Image
Please tell me that was a typo.
Posted Image

#105 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:48 PM

OH! OH! ME! ME!

This is a Rule 34 moment, isn't it?

Anyway, Retro should revive Mach Rider, in which Mach Rider has a personality, in which he/she is very sexist.

And always taunting people.

And generally kicking ass all over the shop.

And then people will be like "HOLY ____! Nintendo is HARDCORE!"

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#106 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:10 PM

Lol yes it was a typo. Id fix it but I can't on my phone.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#107 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 21 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

Nintendo handles new IPs differently than everyone else... They start a new one with a small development team to test the market, not hire people from other good studios.... Also they recently posted a job hiring for people to push the limits of current animation software and techniques.. So it's something that should look good

Posted Image

#108 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Yeah a new IP would be cool, and that Retro Studios has total creative freedom with said new IP so we can see whar Retro can really do.

#109 SleepyGuyy

SleepyGuyy

Blooper

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • Fandom:
    DOUBLE CHEESE BURGER WENDY'S

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:24 AM

FZERO, Side-scrolling dual stick, MANY MANY DOWNLOADABLE GAMES, i know they have talent for big games, but i wanna see a few smaller games with solid online, multiplayer, controls, and style (as the full games tend to be like... minus online i admit).

Oh i like his idea... new IP, total freedom with... yeah that'd be cool
Posted Image

#110 Terrabyte20xx

Terrabyte20xx

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 289 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario,and Star Fox.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:41 AM

Killer Instinct?

Yeah, I know the rights to that one are in legal limbo, but I can still dream.....
Posted Image

YES! YES!YES!YES!YES!
YEEEEEEES!!!!!!!

#111 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

SO we allknow that they are working on a project, but the question is What?
In allthe recent speculation lets dumb it down to the top 3 choices.
1) A New F-Zero
2) Metroid(Possibly New or an HD Remake)
3) A New Starfox
What do you think? Personally i would kill if it was a new F-Zero because the graphics are AMAZING!(F-Zero GX is a Prime example), PLUS all of the facts point to it,(If you consider 1 fact which is that Maximum Velocity was just released for the ambassador program, all the facts)
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#112 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:00 PM

i recently disovered F-Zero and have fallen in love. i hope it is f-zero but my guess is star fox because the ex uncharted developer working on it said it could take the crown as his most beautiful art style yet (or something along those lines) and a beautiful art style would work better in space than in f-zero
Posted Image

#113 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

PLUS all of the facts point to it,(If you consider 1 fact which is that Maximum Velocity was just released for the ambassador program, all the facts)

Jumping to conclusions/Wishful thinking.

F-Zero being released as an Ambassador freebie doesn't mean a thing in this scenario. Yoshi's Island, Metroid, Zelda and Kirby were also released, so by that logic, they're likely candidates too.

#114 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:12 PM

F-Zero being released as an Ambassador freebie doesn't mean a thing in this scenario. Yoshi's Island, Metroid, Zelda and Kirby were also released, so by that logic, they're likely candidates too.

yeah thats true, but the game hasnt been mentioned by Nintendo in a long time(i Think, tellme if im wrong) so it stands out the most

Edited by Heyheyharold, 29 January 2012 - 05:13 PM.

I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#115 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

I dunno about that. Just because they haven't released a game of the franchise in a long time doesn't mean it's likely to happen now. An F-Zero game is long overdue, but there's no evidence pointing to its creation under Retro at the moment.

#116 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:25 PM

Aren't they also working with members from Naughty Dog? This should be good...
Posted Image

#117 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

They hired artists. It doesn't really tell me much.

#118 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

Aren't they also working with members from Naughty Dog? This should be good...

No, they hired people from naughty dog, and vigil games. Which means they no longer work there

Posted Image

#119 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

It's not gonna be any of those.

I call your bet, and raise you a piece of a pizza.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#120 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:39 PM

I was actually discussing what Retro was working on the other day and I reached a conclusion with the help of some friends. For those of you who don't know, Retro studios recently went on a massive hiring spree where they got talent from studio's like Naughty Dog. This in itself doesn't sound that wierd, as it's obvious that Retro is 100% focused on WiiU and could use the staff with experience in HD. No, what does sound off are the following lines, taken from one of the new employees twitter.

Alas I am going to shelve it for a little while as I am going to work on another project that I am super excited about. I can't talk about it too much but if all goes well it might just be one of my crowning achievements as an artist....
Add this line to one of his tweets
Posted Image

With these two pieces of evidence, we can deduce a fair amount of whatever Retro is currently working on. The first thing that we can deduce is that Retro is NOT working on a new IP. The reasons for this are long and complicated, but the main supporting evidence lay in the fact that what besides reinventing an IP of Nintendo, one that is supposedly big enough to for him to consider it a crowning point of his career, could they be working on? I can certainly tell you that I clearly believe that a new IP, regardless of how new it may be, would not be enough to mark as a crowning achievement. No, whatever this achievement is, it has to be something being transformed for the WiiU.

From the second quote, we can deduce that Retro is clearly beginning to put full steam ahead on their project. In fact, it is during crunch time when many new employees join a company. We can also most likely deduce that this project is not gearing up for a demo for an event like E3, but it is instead the stages of a game. Most often, game demos do not begin to be made using the engine until roughly 1-2 months before E3. So all in all, we can assume that this crunch time is the final parts of the game.

A 3rd piece of evidence that we can use to determine what the new project Retro is working on is that they stated(Source needed) that they were working on a project everyone wants them to do. Let's take a look at the facts so far, shall we?
  • Retro has hired a bunch of new staff on a project that is clearly something big
  • Retro is entering crunch time earlier then a company would if they were pumping out a demo for E3
  • Retro is working on a project that everyone wants them to do.
For their current project, it seems likely that they are doing one of the big three Nintendo titles, which are Metroid, Zelda, and Mario. But using the process of elimination, we can determine what they are truly working on. Metroid, after the sales/reviews of Other M, seems to have been shelved. Zelda games sell for a long time, so why would Nintendo jepoardize one of their potential big sellers by releasing another game in the series? The other thing that disproves these titles being Retro's next project is that Nintendo has already made a Tech Demo for an HD Zelda and would most likely do Zelda's development in house. As for Metroid, I do believe Retro stated that they were done with Metroid after they finished Prime 3. This means that the only logical choice for their project is........

MARIO

I basically proven the point as to why it's Mario above, but the final nail in the coffin is that no one has really given any thought into what an HD Mario would look like. To make the world's most recognizable video game mascot HD would certainly be a crowning achievement for any artist, would it not? Also, the crunch time would make sense, as it's a proven fact that Mario can sell a console and Iwata seemed certain that the WiiU would not lose money in it's first year.

Edited by Domini N Unova, 29 January 2012 - 05:41 PM.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!