• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#41 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:40 AM

don't be a nice person about mario just because it's a 2d platformer that uses a beautiful graphical style.

I like the Mario franchises with the exception of the 2D Mario games which are boring beyond belief. At least Rayman Legends used the Gamepad somewhat and had many amazing and distinct levels, yet a vastly superior platformer like Rayman Legends has been outsold by a generic 2D Mario Platformer.

The truth is Nintendo gamers as a whole just don't deserve or warrant third party support.

As I have said before it's not a Nintendo IP the chances are it will flop.

#42 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:55 AM

I like the Mario franchises with the exception of the 2D Mario games which are boring beyond belief. At least Rayman Legends used the Gamepad somewhat and had many amazing and distinct levels, yet a vastly superior platformer like Rayman Legends has been outsold by a generic 2D Mario Platformer.

The truth is Nintendo gamers as a whole just don't deserve or warrant third party support.

And "gamers" such as yourself don't deserve Nintendo's first party games, see the logic?

#43 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

And "gamers" such as yourself don't deserve Nintendo's first party games, see the logic?

Not really.

Do elaborate and try not to bring Microsoft into the debate.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 04 February 2014 - 07:40 AM.

#44 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Not really.

Do elaborate and try not to bring Microsoft into the debate.

I can and I will bring them into it. Why should Wii U get hate for lack of third party games when Microsoft is in the same boat, they must now rely on exclusives and their Kinect which is single handedly the most gimmicky feature to ever grace a games console.

Sure, Xbone will continue to get third party games but they are seriously gimped in graphics and performance to the much more powerful PS4. Tomb Raider so far has sold twice as many copies on PS4 than Xbone so Microsoft can no longer rely on third parties to sell their console unlike 360 which was bought mainly for the better multiplats.

The issue here is Nintendo and Sony's exclusives always have and always will be of a much higher quality than Microsoft, embarrassingly so.

Saying Nintendo gamers should be punished and don't deserve third party games is funny though, I could say the exact same thing for Xbone which took the wrong route away from being a console and is now a underpowered, glorified cable box with a gimmicky spycam. The perfect recipe for games developers don't you think?

#45 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:38 AM

You need to take your blinkers off buddy, because third party games sell on Microsoft systems where as they do not on Nintendo systems.

You also need to realise that the Kinect actually has a purpose: voice commands, is it gimmicky? Yes, is it something I'd want to use? No, but at least it serves the purpose, what purpose does the tablet controller serve? It's supposed to revolutionise the way in which gamers play games and even Nintendo have had problems utilising it for their own games.

Also the Xbox One will probably be substantially profitable for Microsoft, it's Nintendo who losing money hand over fist with the Wii U. Even a price cut and a big AAA title hasn't been enough to stop the struggle and there are many people in the games industry who are even questioning whether or not Nintendo's first party games will be enough to ensure that the Wii U is a profitable product for Nintendo at the end of its lifecycle.

Three straight fiscal losses beckon for Nintendo.

You also forget that Microsoft is by far the most wealthy console manufacturer and they're making the largest profit from their console being sold than either Sony or Nintendo and at the present rate the Xbox One is shifting more units than the 360 did at its launch way back in 2005. 

It's your beloved Sony I'd keep a beady eye on if I was you, nevermind about Microsoft.

Also Nintendo is continuing to chase after the casual market and I believe that if they continue down this road then Jason Rubin's opinion that Nintendo are irrelevant in the hardware area of console gaming will become a stark reality and once that happens there is virtually no way back for Nintendo. 

I hope for their sake they come to their senses and realise what many gamers want from Nintendo and that's great hardware, great software and a focus on what once made Nintendo a great company.

Edited by SailtheSeas, 04 February 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#46 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

Oh dear I think we have stumbled upon a serious Microsoft fanboy, response discarded. I lol.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 04 February 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#47 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:00 AM

NSMBU was a fantastic game.
Better than 3DWorld.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#48 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Oh dear I think we have stumbled upon a serious Microsoft fanboy, response discarded. I lol.

That's ironic coming from you and how can I be a Microsoft fan boy when the only Microsoft products I own is a license for Windows Vista and license for Windows 8.1?

NSMBU was a fantastic game.
Better than 3DWorld.

It's all subjective at the end of the day isn't it?

#49 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:25 AM

That's ironic coming from you and how can I be a Microsoft fan boy when the only Microsoft products I own is a license for Windows Vista and license for Windows 8.1?

I can't take anyone seriously that tries to defend a games console and brings up financial superiority the company has over it's competitors. Most people want games, great exclusives and a company they can trust. Microsoft dismissed there then.

So the 3ds isn't generating more money than Xbone and 360 combined? Or the fact PS4 costs less to manufacture than Xbone while significantly outselling it make no difference? I can play that too.

Since this thread is about 3rd parties let's discuss that. Indie's actually have the highest reviews out all PS4/Xbonegames thus far making them very relevant. Wii U devkits are given free to them while PS4 indie's are coming from everywhere, able to update their games free without silly costs attatched, unlike Microsoft.

Let's not forget how 3rd parties including indie's have expressed their horror on developing Xbone titles. Future of the Xbox brand is bleak.

Edited by Toilet_Snaker, 04 February 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#50 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • NNID:xWydrAx
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

You also need to realise that the Kinect actually has a purpose: voice commands, is it gimmicky? Yes, is it something I'd want to use? No, but at least it serves the purpose, what purpose does the tablet controller serve? It's supposed to revolutionise the way in which gamers play games and even Nintendo have had problems utilising it for their own games.

Ho.Ly. Crap.

I just stopped reading here. I can't even.

Wht purpose does the tablet controller serve? Did you seriously ask that? Did you serously ask that in comparison to the KINECT?

Wow.

Just WOW.

Imma say this for a third time. Sell your Wii U, buy an Xbone and enjoy your circlejerk with them

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#51 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

Ho.Ly. Crap.

I just stopped reading here. I can't even.

Wht purpose does the tablet controller serve? Did you seriously ask that? Did you serously ask that in comparison to the KINECT?

Wow.

Just WOW.

Imma say this for a third time. Sell your Wii U, buy an Xbone and enjoy your circlejerk with them

Yep, you can't debate sensibly, so like Toilet_Snaker you're resorting to petty jibes.

The tablet controller is not even being utilised properly by Nintendo, they're pushing this product and they have no real use for it.

With the Wii motes they served a purpose, the Kinect serves a purpose, but the tablet controller is just there, it serves no real purpose. 

Nintendo tried this remote play, second screen stuff with the GBA and the GC and it didn't work, they've gone a step further with the tablet controller and it isn't working.

Now they've said they're going to try it a third time because their next home console is going to have architecture based on the Wii U.

It's absolutely bonkers.

#52 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:20 PM

Ya.
cuz I would put a positive spin on the negatives you listed for the game, because they're features I enjoy.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#53 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:13 PM

Yep, you can't debate sensibly, so like Toilet_Snaker you're resorting to petty jibes.

The tablet controller is not even being utilised properly by Nintendo, they're pushing this product and they have no real use for it.

With the Wii motes they served a purpose, the Kinect serves a purpose, but the tablet controller is just there, it serves no real purpose. 

Nintendo tried this remote play, second screen stuff with the GBA and the GC and it didn't work, they've gone a step further with the tablet controller and it isn't working.

Now they've said they're going to try it a third time because their next home console is going to have architecture based on the Wii U.

It's absolutely bonkers.

Oh I can debate sensibly, (just go look at the thread on a man giving his girlfriend an abortion pill) but there's no point in debating sensibly with someone who has little to no sense.

Edited by WydrA, 04 February 2014 - 03:13 PM.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#54 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:27 PM

Oh I can debate sensibly, (just go look at the thread on a man giving his girlfriend an abortion pill) but there's no point in debating sensibly with someone who has little to no sense.

Well educate me on the purpose of the tablet controller, if you may? 

You think it's a good controller that is a very useful, please offer your opinion on why the tablet controller is a great piece of equipment.

Only a small segment of games on the Wii U really utilise the Gamepad effectively, the rest of the games just have maps and equipment placed on the screen or a menu screen and in-game options.

Hardly a revolutionary piece of equipment and hardly worth using (in my opinion).

#55 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

Well educate me on the purpose of the tablet controller, if you may? 

You think it's a good controller that is a very useful, please offer your opinion on why the tablet controller is a great piece of equipment.

Only a small segment of games on the Wii U really utilise the Gamepad effectively, the rest of the games just have maps and equipment placed on the screen or a menu screen and in-game options.

Hardly a revolutionary piece of equipment and hardly worth using (in my opinion).

I suppose you think the DS and 3DS should have removed their bottom screens as well and gone with the far superior back touch pad thing on the vita hm?

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#56 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

I suppose you think the DS and 3DS should have removed their bottom screens as well and gone with the far superior back touch pad thing on the vita hm?

I've used my 3DS a lot recently and have never really used the bottom screen for anything. This second screen is nonsensical. It's like owning a gaming PC and using a 360 controller for an FPS when the mouse and keyboard is superior, it's just nonsensical and beggers belief.

#57 KeptMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,337 posts
  • Fandom:
    Smash Bros all day.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

I've used my 3DS a lot recently and have never really used the bottom screen for anything. This second screen is nonsensical. It's like owning a gaming PC and using a 360 controller for an FPS when the mouse and keyboard is superior, it's just nonsensical and beggers belief.

I'm officially calling troll.

You used to at least sound halfway believable, but now I honestly think you're just full of crap.

WAR IS PEACE

FREEDOM IS SLAVERY

IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

LISTEN AND BELIEVE

#58 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

The only EA game that deserved to sell well was Need for Speed Most Wanted U because the Wii U version was the best version of the game, but yes I agree with you, if developers and publishers will gimp games then they don't deserve sales it's as simple as that.

Nintendo gamers keep talking about Bayonetta 2 and X, but just how many Nintendo gamers will buy those games? I reckon these games will be lucky to see a million sales each.

The truth is that Nintendo gamers don't deserve great third party support because as a whole third party games just don't fair well enough on the Wii U with the odd exception here and there.

All this is doing is hurting Nintendo in the long-run because a lack of third party support puts more pressure on Nintendo to get as many games as possible churned out.

I'm annoyed because this is really hurting Nintendo. It's bad enough that Nintendo never really makes an olive branch with Western third party developers and publishers and it's bad enough that they design their hardware with just their games in mind, but many developers and publishers would look past that if they could make money from releasing games on Nintendo systems.

I just dont ever see things getting better. The reality is Nintendo caters to a different market than most third party games that most people want. The audience their game is catering to has very little following on Nintendo systems. Plus the fact that Nintendo seems to be reluctant doing certain things like having online in their games. You have to grow a certain type of player on your console. they just dont come becuase you are nintendo. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I just dont see a positive ending to this nintendo and third party relatinship. We will always be last in 3rd parties mind when creating a multiplatform game.

#59 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

Go have your cockfight elsewhere. This thread is not an outlet for this kind of discussion. If you want to go make an argument thread about the Gamepad screen and comparing it other controls, fine. But this ain't the thread to do it. Narrow down your arguments to anything related to third parties' attitudes toward the Wii U in this thread.

Edited by Auzzie Wingman, 04 February 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#60 SailtheSeas

SailtheSeas

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:45 AM

I just dont ever see things getting better. The reality is Nintendo caters to a different market than most third party games that most people want. The audience their game is catering to has very little following on Nintendo systems. Plus the fact that Nintendo seems to be reluctant doing certain things like having online in their games. You have to grow a certain type of player on your console. they just dont come becuase you are nintendo. It will be interesting to see how things play out. I just dont see a positive ending to this nintendo and third party relatinship. We will always be last in 3rd parties mind when creating a multiplatform game.

Well I've noticed that third support has been decreasing rapidly since the N64 with the Wii U being by far worst Nintendo platform for third party support, it's non-existent.

Given the sales of Ubisoft's games on the Wii U, I'd be surprised if we get anything other than shovelware and Just Dance games from them after Watch dogs. The same applies with Activision, we'll probably get shovelware from them and Call of Duty games.

Nintendo must know something is horribly wrong with the Wii U when EA won't release their games on your console. This is a company that still releases FIFA games on the PS2.

Without third party support the Wii U just won't sell, there will be gamers who will buy the Wii U when X, Mario Kart, Zelda and Smash Bros comes out, but I don't think those people will have a massive impact on the install base.

If I knew third party support was going to be this bad with the Wii U, I would have skipped the Wii U entirely, I really feel duped by their E3 direct. I've been suckered into parting with £309.99 for a console which for the past two weeks hasn't been switched on once. Meanwhile Xbox and PS fans are enjoying some first party and some third party games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!